Transformers

Iced_Eagle

Tank
Reaction score
Alright, this is easily the best action movie of the summer!!! It's so god damn good!!!

I'm still pumped full of adrenaline from this movie... I had little expectations since I knew little about it and was just bored with some friends tonight when we decided to go see it.

Wow!

Even if you don't know a whole lot about Transformers (I don't), it's all explained really well and is just so damn good.

GO SEE IT NOW!!! :bounce:

Could you clarify something for me? One of my roommates and I have been in an argument about this. He claims that there are no autobots and that all of the transformers are evil. I'm certain that I saw Optimus Prime in a commercial once. Are the autobots in the movie?

Alright, this is easily the best action movie of the summer!!! It's so god damn good!!!

I'm still pumped full of adrenaline from this movie... I had little expectations since I knew little about it and was just bored with some friends tonight when we decided to go see it.

Wow!

Even if you don't know a whole lot about Transformers (I don't), it's all explained really well and is just so damn good.

I agree with this entire post. If you're ready and willing to sit back and enjoy one of the most awesome summer blockbuster movies ever (not a film) then go now. Seriously, skip work.

Going to go see it in a week. When i come back from the beach, going to go with some friends here. Worst case scenario i see it july 15-16.

I cant wait tho..

When i get 9000 posts!!!

yeah i totally agree as well on my favourites list of movies ... i was absolutely awsome and i used to watch transformers.
BTW yeah there are autobots dunno what your mate was on about and opitmus prime is there ... oh yeah

NOO!!!!

I have just enough info about the movie and transformers in general to know that this thing is stupid and a waist of my time.....

Even non-Transformers and Transformers fans alike will love it if not for more than the kick-ass action sequences and humor.

Yes, there are Autobots and Optimus mother****in Prime.

I'm so doubtful anything else this summer or year would get me this pumped about a movie. I'm pretty sure I'll see it once again.

If I had to give it a negative, it would be that it tried to talk about some really minor and somewhat irrelevant story issues, so that it can work later in the movie.

**SPOILER** (couldn't figure out spoiler tag? I thought it was
test
)

They talk about the girls juvie record, and the apology she gave to Sam was pretty blah. There was no point in that really. They just built that all up so they could give reason on how she knew to hotwire the tow truck to save Bumblebee.

**END SPOILER**

heh a children's cartoon created specifically to sell toys gets a big budget remake in order to ...sell more toys. Obviously it's the bestest movie like in 4evers

a cow says mooo ...a sheep says BAAAAAAAA

Listen to me. This is going to be a fairly long post, but if you take one thing from it I want you all to understand:

This is the second greatest movie ever produced.

The first, of course, being Transformers the Movie from 1986.

Some of you might've noticed I'd been absent this week. I was up in Long Beach on vacation, (which I mentioned that I would be a few times on the forum last week) and I had a lot of non-TF related fun, but the highlight of the trip was being at the premier. Let me paint a picture for you: imagine a line that encircles nearly a whole boulevard, wraps around a convention hall, a parking garage, and a few hotels. It's that long, and everyone's anxious to see the movie. Some people are hopeful, some are just waiting for the movie to fail so they can validate all the negative press the movie's been getting from transfans, some people are just there to see an action flick and have no investment in the series, but everyone's anxious.

I don't do lines, especially long ones. You're not going to get me to wait if I can help it. I should mention I was there with three of my friends; three of us were dressed normal (and I was wearing a rare Decepticon jersey I picked up a few years ago from Universal City), and one of our friends was dressed up as international Pepsi spokesman Pepsiman for a promotional thing. Because of my Transformers attire and his celebrity status we get to the head of the line. I caught a couple butthurt people making sour comments about cutters, but hey, **** you buddy. I was there in '86 for the first movie, I'll be damned if I'm going to miss this one because of full occupancy. Cry some more, I'm in front because I'm more awesome than you.

We end up getting front row seats. After waiting what seemed an eternity for the entire first floor to fill, then the two balconies, they start the movie and the theater explodes. People are cheering and hollering every couple of seconds; cheers for the allspark, cheers for Cybertron, cheers for PRIME'S VOICE, cheers for the title.

I'm not going to give you a play-by-play of the movie. You can read reviews or spoiler pages for that. All you need to know is that this movie is the proverbial pimp shit. A friend of mine described it thusly:

"It starts off with some cool shit, followed by some more cool shit with a side of cool shit and a tall glass of cool shit. After that they throw in some cool shit, more cool shit, and you're having all this cool shit and once you're full and you think you can't handle any more cool shit, they give you another tablefull of cool shit."

and I'm inclined to say that's an accurate depiction of the movie. Everything was absolutely perfect; the plot, the pacing, the effects, the acting. Bones thrown to old fans like spotting the old G1 forms and all the lines taken directly from the first movie. Proving all the naysayers wrong by having the transformers be the real stars of the film, not the humans (save for Spike [Sam]). The transformers, who emoted beautifully and were perfect representations of their characters. Who looked friggin' awesome and lit up the screen like supernovas. Guys, the first time Prime transformed, and again when he transformed to fight Megatron, I cried. I'm not ashamed to admit it. I cried some manly tears.

Speaking of Megatron, everyone cheered for Prime too, but all the Decepticons in the theater were afraid to start cheering Megatron. I cheered when I first saw him, but nobody else in the house did. Packed house and no cheers for the greatest Destron leader ever? So the next time Megatron is seen, I leapt out of my seat and yelled at the top of my lungs, "MIGHTY MEGATRON!" and thumped the Decepticon symbol on my chest. And every Deceptifan in the house, which I KNEW was a sizeable number, echoed my call. Inciting three stories of people to yell, "DECEPTICONS FOREVER!" is an awesome feeling.

The movie ended to uproarious applause and a cacophony of hollering and yelling. We stuck around until the credits ended. Then they took the film reel, placed it in a van flanked by two burly guards, and drove it back to the studio.

No post can accurately describe how beautiful this movie is. Neither flashy language nor perfect prose or verbose eloquence would be near enough to tell you how great Transformers is. Every single one of you should see it if you haven't already. Me personally, I'm going to watch it once every week until it's out of theaters. You're going to watch this movie and you're going to love it. Especially if you're an old transformers fan. Seriously, if you hate on one thing in this movie, anything at all, your opinion on everything is deemed null and void because you are obviously mentally deficient and do not recognize perfection when you see it. This movie is not subject to such petty things as 'opinion.' You cannot opine to not like it. Second greatest piece of cinema in human history, and like its predecessor it should be nominated for every movie award category every single year, but it would take runner-up position behind TF:TM.

So go, watch it. Second greatest movie ever. Haters and naysayers be damned, Michael Bay did RIGHT.

heh a children's cartoon created specifically to sell toys gets a big budget remake in order to ...sell more toys. Obviously it's the bestest movie like in 4evers

a cow says mooo ...a sheep says BAAAAAAAA
Some of us like to have fun at the movies. But I can understand if you're too old for this sort of thing. :p

one of my favourite movies of all time is the Party .. it's silly fluff but extremely well done nonetheless ..i dont need a Fellini film to be entertained .. it's just that I can recognise a movie-toy tie in when I see it ...I guess my standards are just higher

more from The Party

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KN8FjyvrHY4

I cant tell if Darkside is being serious or not:

wiki said:
The film (Transformers the Movie, 1986) was received poorly by critics, garnering the lowest possible rating in popular reference catalogues

one of my favourite movies of all time is the Party .. it's silly fluff but extremely well done nonetheless ..i dont need a Fellini film to be entertained .. it's just that I can recognise a movie-toy tie in when I see it ...I guess my standards are just higher
I recognize it too, but it doesn't mean I'm running out to buy anything I saw in the movie. I went there for a good time and got it. Just because something clearly has advertising doesn't mean it can't be fun.

you dont understand my point ..I'm not saying it has advertising in it ..I'm saying the sole reason for being is as an advertisement ..it's like a glorified commercial

you dont understand my point ..I'm not saying it has advertising in it ..I'm saying the sole reason for being is as an advertisement ..it's like a glorified commercial

Yeah...

...one big kickass commercial.

I wouldn't say so, sure, they are going to market the hell out of it, no doubt.But, to say that it's sole purpose is to sell toys is a little far fetched imo, considering that 99 percent of people who see this movie won't give a shit( about toys) either way. Plus, i havn't seen a single transformer toy ad so far.

Obviously, like all movies, it's main purpose is to do well at the box office. I think thats where the majority of the money is going to come from. And, in that case its no different then any of the big budget movies out so far.

Anyway, looks like we've got another 300 on our hands. A big budget movie soaked in mediocrity that everyone loves because..OMG it has teh expl0zI0nz!!! It'll be outdated in like 2 years

What the hell do critics know? Listen...you know who's in Transformers? Orson Welles. Orson, "I scared a bunch of people into believing there was an actual alien invasion in the 30s with my performance" Welles. Orson, "I wrote and produced Citizen Kane," Welles. Do you know what Welles' last piece of work was? The giant, planet-devouring transformer Unicron. After that, he DIED. You know why? Because despite all the critical acclaim he got from Citizen Kane (and its nine academy nominations), despite his notoriety for War of the Worlds, after everything he did Unicron was his best work and he had nothing left to do. His opus complete, he died. What does THAT tell you? You can't argue with Orson Welles. Mainly because he's dead. But if his ghost came back, you couldn't argue with that either.

Critics are all pretentious artfags anyway who think they somehow know more than the common man about what constitutes a great piece of cinema. Transformers is the best piece of work ever, period. Transformers is action on an epic, world-spanning scale. It has tension, drama, character development and growth, a very subtle romantic plot, a cool protagonist, the death of an icon, the birth of a new legend, a truly menacing and nigh-unstoppable villain, humor, great dialogue, and a memorable cast both of characters and actors: Judd Nelson, Leonard Nimoy, Robert Stack, Peter Cullen, Frank Welker, Scatman Crothers...a whole handful of others. And let's not forget Orson Welles.

Seriously, what do critics know about THIS? Nothing, that's what. When Orson Welles comes to devour your planet, what're critics gonna say? They're going to beg for mercy, that's what.

BEST. MOVIE. EVER.

Orson Welles... who cares?

I guess I'm an "artfag" then.

Orson "I was completely bankrupt in my final days which is why I did shitty acting appearances in things like the Love Boat and commercials for crappy white wine that tastes like footwash" Wells

I don't know exactly who u are responding to, because nobody even mentioned TF's critical response( which has been pretty positive actually). I'm having a hard time believing that a movie that's target audience are 15 year olds and is directed by Micheal Bay( im sorry, he's a hack) has the potential to be anything more then a flavour of the month cash grab, even if it's an entertaining one.

Obviously, like all movies, it's main purpose is to do well at the box office. I think thats where the majority of the money is going to come from. And, in that case its no different then any of the big budget movies out so far.

box office receipts are only a small fraction of revenue to be generated ..the big money comes from licensing; so that you can have transformers branded beach towels, bed sheets, pajamas, cereal, kids snacks, toilet paper and transformer branded instruments for hysterectomy removal.

I don't know exactly who u are responding to, because nobody even mentioned TF's critical response( which has been pretty positive actually).

? orson wells ...Darkside mentioned Orson wells

That was directed towards Darkside, after he started talking about critics for some reason.

ok lets backtrack ...Darkside said the original movie was brilliant ..i posted a quote saying it was panned by critics and fans alike, darkside responded by saying "what do critics know/Orson wells was in it", and I responded by saying Orson wells did a lot of crappy projects up until his death ..not once did darkside or I mention the current movie's critical response, just the first one

My bad, i must have missed that post.

I noticed you edited out the sigh;)...

ya because at first I thought you were saying I was saying that critics panned the current movie ...this is starting to get really confusing

Orson Welles... who cares?

I guess I'm an "artfag" then.
If you're an artfag you should like Orson Welles. That's the whole point. Citizen Kane and whatnot.

Which, btw, was an extremely boring movie. A giant planet eating other planets, however...

Orson "I was completely bankrupt in my final days which is why I did shitty acting appearances in things like the Love Boat and commercials for crappy white wine that tastes like footwash" Wells
Which is why he had to do Unicron and reclaim his self esteem. I mean, would YOU want to die not having done something completely and utterly awesome after you lived a pretty cool life?

I don't know exactly who u are responding to, because nobody even mentioned TF's critical response( which has been pretty positive actually). I'm having a hard time believing that a movie that's target audience are 15 year olds and is directed by Micheal Bay( im sorry, he's a hack) has the potential to be anything more then a flavour of the month cash grab, even if it's an entertaining one.
I was responding to Stern, who was talking about the original movie's critical response. Way to read the thread. :p

(I'm just ribbing you)

Anyway, people can say what they want. Doesn't change the fact that they're flat-out wrong. Best movies ever, case closed, not subject to opinion. We had a saying in the eighties: "If you don't like transformers, there's something wrong with you." There was literally something wrong with you. You could get diagnosed and thrown in a padded cell for that kind of thing. If you didn't like transformers you were as scrambled as the egg from the "This is your brain on drugs" PSAs. You were a social outcast, and heaven help you if you were one of those dickwads that liked the Go Bots or Rock Lords.

You have to understand that the target demographic really isn't kids. Oh, sure, kids're gonna love the movie and they'll go out and buy the toys and whatnot, but who do you think's really spending the money to go out and watch this movie? All us guys who were kids in 1984 when Optimus Prime first threw down with Megatron on weekday afternoons. This is our childhood, reimagined and once again up there on the big screen, except it's "real." Live-action transformers, that suspension of disbelief that there are actual transforming robots onscreen kicking the scrap out of each other, fighting over the matri--I mean, allspark cube. That's powerful to us. Seeing everything in our childhood come together in such a perfect representation can be dubbed nothing less than great. "Flavor of the month?" You sincerely underestimate the Children of the Eighties.

Clear something up for me...how are you seeing this movie? It's not out until the 4th *it's still teh 3rd!*

I think you're just going nuts. :|
And I feel very sad for you that you were born in the tail-end of the eighties. You're a nineties kid, and thus you lack the vital I ****ING LOVE GIANT ROBOTS component all your predecessors were equipped with. Though technically of the eighties, you are an inferior model, and thus I weep for you.

Pitz, I went to the premier in LA. I was one of the first people to see the finished movie. I just got back home from Long Beach this morning.

Yes. we must not forget how extravagant the 80's were, lol.

I was responding to Stern, who was talking about the original movie's critical response. Way to read the thread. :p

I know...i mentioned that two posts above urs :D

Anyway, people can say what they want. Doesn't change the fact that they're flat-out wrong. Best movies ever, case closed, not subject to opinion. We had a saying in the eighties: "If you don't like transformers, there's something wrong with you." There was literally something wrong with you. You could get diagnosed and thrown in a padded cell for that kind of thing. If you didn't like transformers you were as scrambled as the egg from the "This is your brain on drugs" PSAs. You were a social outcast, and heaven help you if you were one of those dickwads that liked the Go Bots or Rock Lords.

You have to understand that the target demographic really isn't kids. Oh, sure, kids're gonna love the movie and they'll go out and buy the toys and whatnot, but who do you think's really spending the money to go out and watch this movie? All us guys who were kids in 1984 when Optimus Prime first threw down with Megatron on weekday afternoons. This is our childhood, reimagined and once again up there on the big screen, except it's "real." Live-action transformers, that suspension of disbelief that there are actual transforming robots onscreen kicking the scrap out of each other, fighting over the matri--I mean, allspark cube. That's powerful to us. Seeing everything in our childhood come together in such a perfect representation can be dubbed nothing less than great. "Flavor of the month?" You sincerely underestimate the Children of the Eighties.

You like whatcha like....i guess

If a movie of the same quality came out under a different title i doubt you would be praising it so much. Seems like Nostalgia> Quality in this case.

We had a saying in the eighties: "If you don't like transformers, there's something wrong with you."

that's not true ..people in the 80's were too busy doing the safety dance to be bothered with the transformers ..well at least the cool ones ..it was the kiddies with their "MOM I WANT OCTOMUS PRIMAL NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!!!" that fueled the whole transforming auto-automaton craze

anyone ever wonder why robots had to be in disguise? who are they hiding from? and more importantly what are they hiding?

I tell you no lies Stern, that was the saying. We cared about Transformers. Walk up to anybody who's in the 23-30 year old range and just say, "Optimus Prime." Seriously, try it. Consider it a social experiment. See what the results are. And then tell the same people, "Safety dance." See what those results are. I don't even have to speculate on the outcome.

Also, I still regularly leave my friends behind so I can dance. So I can dance. So I can take a cha-aa-ance.

And I feel very sad for you that you were born in the tail-end of the eighties. You're a nineties kid, and thus you lack the vital I ****ING LOVE GIANT ROBOTS component all your predecessors were equipped with. Though technically of the eighties, you are an inferior model, and thus I weep for you.

Pitz, I went to the premier in LA. I was one of the first people to see the finished movie. I just got back home from Long Beach this morning.

Ahh, ok then...everybody is talking about seeing it, so I figured it was out early.

I tell you no lies Stern, that was the saying. We cared about Transformers. Walk up to anybody who's in the 23-30 year old range and just say, "Optimus Prime."

well therein lies my problem ...25-30 year olds are my youngers ..and we know how much the old peoples respect their youngers ...Nada!

Seriously, try it. Consider it a social experiment. See what the results are. And then tell the same people, "Safety dance." See what those results are. I don't even have to speculate on the outcome.

well the first person I asked started dancing but I suspect he's 31 ..the second person I asked started to bend in really weird angles as if he was transforming into something ..I didnt stick around to find out what ..could be messy

Also, I still regularly leave my friends behind so I can dance. So I can dance. So I can take a cha-aa-ance.

yes well if they dont dance they're no friends of mine

I havent seen the movie but the thing that makes people watch this movie is the fact of being fans of the original movie and the explotions,cuz is true people now watch movies for the explotions and effects,cuz thats all the comentaries I see about it

and michael bay sucks,thats was the reason why I thought this movie was going to be bad,that big "Michael Bay" letters

Didn't Bay direct Miami Vice? :|

I saw it today. Thought it was pretty retarded, Voight will play in anything apparently. Strained my eyes trying to watch all that fast paced CGI.

I guess people lower their standards during the summer months. Must be why you're all raving about this pos film.

The trailer made it look better than it really is.

Back