Transformers

It was American first, then the Japanese got ahold of it and started doing terrible things. Terrible, terrible things.

There are only three good things I can think of that happened because of Japan's involvement with Transformers:

Black Convoy, aka Scourge. A copy of Optimus Prime with part of Megatron's spark, neither Autobot nor Decepticon.

Prime and Megatron's battle in Armada.

Starscream's death in Armada.

That's all. Everything else has been terrible. Transformers is only best when handled with Western hands, in terms of story.

The toys are obviously better coming out of Japan, however. Takara is superior to Hasbro.

That reminds me: Product placement in the movie. What did you spot?

Mountain-Dew Minicon.

XBOX 360 Minicon.

"Has anybody got a phone?" "I've got a phone." *holds up Nokia* "That's a NICE phone." *camera zooms in on phone*

*Hot Australian Data Analyser puts Memory stick into PC; Camera zooms in on PANASONIC logo*

And, of course, aren't all the Autobots GM cars or something?

Yeah they are, but GM covers so many brands that it's probably the best choice if they needed to license them.

And the Mountain Dew and 360 minicons were ridiculous and more than a little stupid...but it got a laugh at the showing I went to so that might have been the intention.

I didn't even catch the phone one. :D

Just saw movie, pretty damn good can't wait for it to come on dvd then I can watch on the big screen ;).

This movie is awesome in so many ways. I know it's pretty cheezy, but it's not trying to be a serious drama or anything. It's a movie about giant robots that fight eachother, and that's what you get.

I laughed at some parts, like where the army captain is giving orders to the secretary of defence. Or when the girl hotwires the car by reaching under the steering wheel and pulling out two perfectly stripped wires. And the captain identifies friendly planes because they don't fly below building level right before there is a plane dogfight through the buildings.

The intense cheese was what killed it for me.

Megan Fox canceled it out though.

at any point throughout the movie does anyone say for whatever reason "robots in disguise"? bonus points for a cheesy robotic voice

that settles it ...worse movie ever

/me fends of Darksides knife attack with a kick to the groin

Why the **** are people giving this movie 9-10/10? The movie was a 6/10 max. It was a typical Michael Bay movie, so much cheese and he'll find a way to put the Pentagon/US army in all his movies.

Shia LaBeouf was okay in the movie, I actually don't hate him as much now, I can see there might be potential for Indiana Jones. Also, the story was absolute bollocks.

Why the **** are people giving this movie 9-10/10? The movie was a 6/10 max. It was a typical Michael Bay movie, so much cheese and he'll find a way to put the Pentagon/US army in all his movies.

Shia LaBeouf was okay in the movie, I actually don't hate him as much now, I can see there might be potential for Indiana Jones. Also, the story was absolute bollocks.

It's because all the cheese covered the shit. And I enjoyed it more as an 'cinamatic experience' rather than a movie; that is to say, if I saw it on TV/DVD, it'd suck.

Well I saw the earliest showing possible in the UK at midnight previews the other night.

I don't think i've ever left a cinema feeling more satisfied, it was just pure and utter joy. I was smiling throughout that film, the film really did make me feel like a kid again.

Man, defintly one of my fave films ever. So...much...epic.

that settles it ...worse movie ever

/me fends of Darksides knife attack with a kick to the groin
You've fallen into my trap, fool!

Testiculon, transform and seize him while I go Stabbity Jones on his ass!

I thought the film was OK, in a cheesy light-hearted bit of entertainment sort of way. Quite a few things that don't make sense, but most of all ... If it can take the shape of any car ... Why in gods name is it a Chevy Camaro and not a Bugatti Veyron?

Also, just how much did eBay, Microsoft, Chevrolet and Hummer pay these guys for the plugs?

You forgot about Mountain Dew!

The movie was very entertaining. Anyone who doesnt like it is probably the kind of person who expects everything on film to be a momentous, earth shattering, prophetic piece of meaningful art, as opposed to a 2 hour segment of entertainment.

I agree with Javert on the general film without the action scenes. And the action scenes: way too much over-the-top, stupid-ass shaky cam. Poorly executed. Didn't really do it for me. 5/10

Back