Transformers

I always thought the terrible quality of the old Transformers/GiJoe/Thunder Cats/He-Man cartoons were part of their charm Stern. Its one of those things thats hard to quantify, and pretty impossible to defend.

*Sigh* Why does everybody insist on flat-out ignoring the gripes people have with this movie? It's not due to a lack of depth. We weren't expecting or wanting philosophy. We just wanted actione done well.

Opinions differ on what qualifies for satisfactory action direction, obviously. I personally think that Bay isn't even good at what he's supposed to be good at. His technique is to throw a bunch of shit onto the silver screen with pretty colors with no thought. In this case, this was further hampered by bad pacing and a bloated plot.

If you like the movie, fine. But don't act as if we, like, missed the point of it or something. I know it's supposed to be fun action. And I think it failed in that regard.

Agreed 100%, and this also applies to the long 300 debate

Asuka says it was mostly bad.

Case ****ing closed. History shall not look kindly upon this film.

Hahah

Just got back from watching it. I've never watched a transformer cartoon in my life. Thought it was absolutely ****ing awesome.

I went to watch big robots duke it out. Big robots duked it out. I walked out of the theatre with a massive shit eating grin on my face. Loved every second of it.

Barricade is NOT dead, according to the writers...

http://boards.transformersmovie.com/showthread.php?t=12054

This is an interview on the official movie board where the writers answer questions by fans. It contains some interesting stuff, and from the looks of it, Barricade is coming back! They said the scene of Prime trashing him was cut, but we'll have to wait until the second movie to find out what happened to him. It wouldn't make sense for them to do that unless he has a role in the sequel.

why is it so an insult? it's factual ..both the go bots and the transformers were created solely as a means of selling toys ..you can throw as much "story" as you want but it doesnt change the fact that everything about it is made to appeal to toy buying kids ..why do you think there's so many of them? Marketing exploded in the 80's previously toy companies banked on a single action figure ..say gi-joe, big jim, or johnny west, etc. In the late 70's early 80's toy companies (seeing the huge success of star wars toys) came out with toys that were not designed around a single character (there's only so many vehicles/outfits you could buy) ..this literally ensures that toy companies can churn out toys right till the end of it's lifespan
I'm not debating that they weren't meant to sell toys. That's not it at all. In fact the reason shows like Transformers and GI Joe exist is because a ban was lifted in the 80s that previously disallowed "full-length commercials." Once that was lifted, toymakers especially like Hasbro jumped at the chance to market their toys using cartoons. I'm not arguing that point at all, and I fully understand that.

However, the Gobots suck ass. You just can't imagine. Complete ripoffs. The rage is over you comparing Gobots to Transformers...an inferior knockoff comparing it to something great. And it IS great. I said it before, man, Transformers is the most epic thing to us 80's kids. You compare something like that to the GOBOTS...grrr. That's all kinds of anger.

fit seemlessly?

I didnt buy them then but have purchased some for my son (not really interested) they're crap ..they fit poorly together, and they break fairly easily
They fit together PERFECTLY. Absolutely perfectly. I don't know what knockoff transformers you were buying, but name any transformer and I had it. I had them all. I still have some of them. My Hot Rod is perrrrrrrrrrfect. I'm really curious as to which transformers you had that didn't fit together right and were as flimsy as you say.

"Break?" This was an era when most toys were diecast. Have you ever thrown Optimus Prime? Now, I wasn't the kind of kid to manhandle his figures or smash them together (I used to seriously get pissed off when other kids'd do that with my toys...****ing idiots, that's not playing, you're just banging them together!), but trust me...you throw OPTIMUS PRIME, he will ****ing WRECK whatever he hits. He was a literal brick. A BRICK. You ever get a chance to hold a 1984 Optimus Prime, heft him. Heft him and see how indestructable that toy is. How do you even break a transformer?

Do you know that even now, why just two weeks ago I got to play with a Masterpiece Megatron, one of the brand-new, super expensive diecast collectors' transformers, and that thing cut ME? Seriously. I was trying to transform him and he literally gashed my finger open. You can't break transformers, not real ones. They'll **** your shit up.

sure, give him to a kid and it doesnt last more than a few weeks ..really your opinion is meaningless here because you are not it's target audience: kids
Uh, no, because I was that target audience once. A child. A child with mountains of transformers who I managed to keep in perfect condition, and I played with them RELIGIOUSLY. Toys I kept for years. I'd drift those cars around the kitchen floor, off tables (one of the rare times I'd actually send my figures flying), I'd do all kinds of that stuff. I did that with Hot Rod over there, and I keep saying...PERFECT CONDITION. Not a scratch on him, not one. Not even so much as a peeling decal.

nonsense ..I bought 3 of them a month ago for my son, one has a missing part, the other has a dangling leg, and one is in a landfill because after I stepped on it it broke into pieces small enough that my infant daughter could potentially choke on
Oh, you're talking about new transformers. Well, plastic. Cheaper to make. I can't vouch for any of the new transformers except for Masterpieces, titaniums (which are all diecast metal), voyager class ones, and the new classics line. I've got classics Megatron and he's pretty sturdy...he's plastic, though, so if you step on him he probably will break. But I mean that goes for anything plastic and small, right? You wouldn't expect a GI Joe or a Ninja Turtle to withstand being stepped on. The only thing you can step on that's a plastic toy that won't break would be legos. And everybody who's stepped on a lego knows that you don't wanna do that.

As for "dangling legs," yeah. I hate that, in ANY figure. Most transformers now though are using ratchet joints, the ones that make the clicks and lock into place as you move them, to prevent that sort of thing. I have a titanium Megatron that foolishly used unsecured balljoints with COMPLETELY DIECAST PIECES. Which means he was a heavy brick in the style of old. A heavy brick on balljoints.

I now refer to him as, "The amazing fall-apart Megatron." He's not broken, it's a feature! :LOL: I keep him in tank mode and I've got classics Megatron, a vastly superior figure, crushing him underfoot.

they're toys, they break ..gobot or whatever, give them to my son and I guarentee they'll be broken in a month ..lego doesnt break, some fisher price doesnt break, Transformers break, and very easily I might add
The old ones wouldn't. It's so impossible I can't even fathom it. Honestly I think you could douse a transformer with lighter fluid and stick it on a barbeque and the worst that'd happen was the paint melts off. Can't break an old transformer.

Good ol' toys of the 80s.

ok please tell me you're kidding here ..we're not talking about freakin shakespeare here ..it's a freaking saturday morning cartoon specifically made to sell toys!!! they're about as well written as gi-joe meaning extremely poor ...it's not the simpsons, it's not the flintstones it's not even the Road Runner, it doesnt compare in any way shape or form to any of the 3 I listed ..I mean to sit there and try to convince us that it's well written is just crazy-talk
Just because something's used as a medium to sell toys doesn't mean that sometimes writers go out of their way to make interesting and well-written stories. It might not be Shakespeare, but if "Fire in the Sky" wasn't tragic I don't know what is.

You've got Skyfire, a transformer who was an old scientist, crash landed on Earth during the ice age, and was frozen there for millenia. In 1984 he's discovered again by the reawakened Decepticons and meets up with his old pupil and friend Starscream, scientist turned Decepticon warrior. Skyfire's been out of it for a long time so he doesn't know about the Cybertronian war, and the Autobot and Decepticon factions. He soon learns about it when he sees the Decepticons' methods, and in refusing to execute a captured group of Autobots, his former friend Starscream turns on him and nearly kills him.

And at the end of the episode, Skyfire gives up his life to stop the Decepticons from draining heat from the Earth's core, and once again ends up buried in the ice. Dead. You can't tell me that's not epic. Something doesn't have to be authored by someone notable to be considered good, and in the same vein just because it's a cartoon designed to sell toys doesn't mean it can't incite emotion. That's sad shit, man. You know, you KNOW if that exact same story was penned by some famous author (which, it IS a very archetypal story), you'd be like, "Wow, that's really moving." So what's so different? Because it comes from a cartoon?

Besides, if Optimus Prime walked down the street TODAY and said, "I need Earth's help to defeat the Decepticons!" every male aged 23-30 would pick up whatever they had at hand and follow Prime TO THE DEATH. I'd like to see Shakespeare get the same response.

Barricade is NOT dead, according to the writers...

http://boards.transformersmovie.com/showthread.php?t=12054

This is an interview on the official movie board where the writers answer questions by fans. It contains some interesting stuff, and from the looks of it, Barricade is coming back! They said the scene of Prime trashing him was cut, but we'll have to wait until the second movie to find out what happened to him. It wouldn't make sense for them to do that unless he has a role in the sequel.
Retcooooooooooooooooooooooons! Because they didn't show him dying, they changed it, despite the script, the novel, and the comic book adaption. Just like I said they might. ;)

Told you man, God's truth, perfect and complete.

:O

this has to be my favourite post of the year so far:

I'm not debating that they weren't meant to sell toys. That's not it at all. In fact the reason shows like Transformers and GI Joe exist is because a ban was lifted in the 80s that previously disallowed "full-length commercials." Once that was lifted, toymakers especially like Hasbro jumped at the chance to market their toys using cartoons. I'm not arguing that point at all, and I fully understand that.

However, the Gobots suck ass. You just can't imagine. Complete ripoffs. The rage is over you comparing Gobots to Transformers...an inferior knockoff comparing it to something great. And it IS great. I said it before, man, Transformers is the most epic thing to us 80's kids. You compare something like that to the GOBOTS...grrr. That's all kinds of anger.

ok well the gobots are a shitty imitation of a mediocre at best cartoon made to sell toys, sorry I stand corrected ;)

They fit together PERFECTLY. Absolutely perfectly. I don't know what knockoff transformers you were buying, but name any transformer and I had it. I had them all. I still have some of them. My Hot Rod is perrrrrrrrrrfect. I'm really curious as to which transformers you had that didn't fit together right and were as flimsy as you say.

umm new ones ...also had may have run into contact with old ones, memory foggy but I do remember limbless Deceptacons (oh the humanity)

"Break?" This was an era when most toys were diecast. Have you ever thrown Optimus Prime? Now, I wasn't the kind of kid to manhandle his figures or smash them together (I used to seriously get pissed off when other kids'd do that with my toys...****ing idiots, that's not playing, you're just banging them together!), but trust me...you throw OPTIMUS PRIME, he will ****ing WRECK whatever he hits. He was a literal brick. A BRICK. You ever get a chance to hold a 1984 Optimus Prime, heft him. Heft him and see how indestructable that toy is. How do you even break a transformer?

hammer, trebuchet, heat seeking missile (douse with gasoline, throw match first)

Do you know that even now, why just two weeks ago I got to play with a Masterpiece Megatron, one of the brand-new, super expensive diecast collectors' transformers, and that thing cut ME?

did he do it on purpose?

"Seriously. I was trying to transform him and he literally gashed my finger open. You can't break transformers, not real ones. They'll **** your shit up.

he didnt say anything did he?

I'm pulling your leg ..ok they're built to last but so far I've yet to see a toy that can survive a 3 yr old for every long

"Uh, no, because I was that target audience once. A child. A child with mountains of transformers who I managed to keep in perfect condition, and I played with them RELIGIOUSLY. Toys I kept for years. I'd drift those cars around the kitchen floor, off tables (one of the rare times I'd actually send my figures flying), I'd do all kinds of that stuff. I did that with Hot Rod over there, and I keep saying...PERFECT CONDITION. Not a scratch on him, not one. Not even so much as a peeling decal.

give it to a 3 year old and I guarentee in pieces in a few months

"Oh, you're talking about new transformers. Well, plastic. Cheaper to make. I can't vouch for any of the new transformers except for Masterpieces, titaniums (which are all diecast metal), voyager class ones, and the new classics line. I've got classics Megatron and he's pretty sturdy...he's plastic, though, so if you step on him he probably will break.

boy you sure are passionate about the transformers, you should try branching out a little (and no I dont mean collecting gobots ..you're grrrr-ing again arent you?) ..it's not a criticism just an observation

"But I mean that goes for anything plastic and small, right? You wouldn't expect a GI Joe or a Ninja Turtle to withstand being stepped on. The only thing you can step on that's a plastic toy that won't break would be legos. And everybody who's stepped on a lego knows that you don't wanna do that.

or a transformer circa mid 80's for that matter ;)

"As for "dangling legs," yeah. I hate that, in ANY figure. Most transformers now though are using ratchet joints, the ones that make the clicks and lock into place as you move them, to prevent that sort of thing. I have a titanium Megatron that foolishly used unsecured balljoints with COMPLETELY DIECAST PIECES. Which means he was a heavy brick in the style of old. A heavy brick on balljoints.

I now refer to him as, "The amazing fall-apart Megatron." He's not broken, it's a feature! :LOL: I keep him in tank mode and I've got classics Megatron, a vastly superior figure, crushing him underfoot.

you should take pics of your collection, you must have tons of them

"The old ones wouldn't. It's so impossible I can't even fathom it. Honestly I think you could douse a transformer with lighter fluid and stick it on a barbeque and the worst that'd happen was the paint melts off.

not too mention a barbeque that smells like singed Decepticon (teach them to threaten the earth)

"Good ol' toys of the 80s.

gi-joe pawns all 80's crap

this here is a green beret, he's killed more charlie than any autobot could dream of ..you want action, well that's his name, he didnt get that scar driving in a car/alien robot

"Just because something's used as a medium to sell toys doesn't mean that sometimes writers go out of their way to make interesting and well-written stories. It might not be Shakespeare, but if "Fire in the Sky" wasn't tragic I don't know what is.

you dont know what is

..I'd like to see the episode if it's online somewhere

"You've got Skyfire, a transformer who was an old scientist,

robots age? oil can should help with the squeaking and I'm sure they can be upgraded to the latest greatest Ion-Cannon Devastator 3000/front bumper to a 58' studebaker

"crash landed on Earth during the ice age, and was frozen there for millenia. In 1984 he's discovered again by the reawakened Decepticons and meets up with his old pupil and friend Starscream, scientist turned Decepticon warrior.

the pterodactyl ....right ........ oh wait the fighter jet ...what happens to the pilot? ..ohhh .. messy

"Skyfire's been out of it for a long time so he doesn't know about the Cybertronian war, and the Autobot and Decepticon factions. He soon learns about it when he sees the Decepticons' methods, and in refusing to execute a captured group of Autobots, his former friend Starscream turns on him and nearly kills him.

so would they stop making Starcream toys? or perhaps they'd make a commemorative limited edition toy where it's just a black bag full of parts

And at the end of the episode, Skyfire gives up his life to stop the Decepticons from draining heat from the Earth's core, and once again ends up buried in the ice. Dead.

so no more Skyfire toys? ...commemorative limited edition toy where it's just Skyfire in a block of ice ..which would kinda defeat the point of calling it "transformer" ...."umm this one changes into a block of ice"

You can't tell me that's not epic. Something doesn't have to be authored by someone notable to be considered good, and in the same vein just because it's a cartoon designed to sell toys doesn't mean it can't incite emotion. That's sad shit, man. You know, you KNOW if that exact same story was penned by some famous author (which, it IS a very archetypal story), you'd be like, "Wow, that's really moving." So what's so different? Because it comes from a cartoon?

because it's from a freakin cartoon about alien robots who transform into cassette tapes

Besides, if Optimus Prime walked down the street TODAY and said, "I need Earth's help to defeat the Decepticons!" every male aged 23-30 would pick up whatever they had at hand and follow Prime TO THE DEATH. I'd like to see Shakespeare get the same response.

indeed zombie Shakespeare leading a rag tag mob of fans would be a sight to behold

this last statement is why this is the best post of the year ..you just cant top that ..it's sig worthy but I dont want to make fun ...I'm not trying to be mean btw I just find it odd that someone would like the transformers (of all things) so much

I've never liked transformers (I'm not a big cartoon guy) but if optimus prime was rallying in my neighborhood, I'd sure as hell go.

ok well the gobots are a shitty imitation of a mediocre at best cartoon made to sell toys, sorry I stand corrected ;)
Sigh.

umm new ones ...also had may have run into contact with old ones, memory foggy but I do remember limbless Deceptacons (oh the humanity)
Unless you can tear apart metal, they were probably knockoffs. But if you or your kids can tear apart metal, I think that's a whole 'nother bag of something.

Please be sure to use your powers for good.

hammer, trebuchet, heat seeking missile (douse with gasoline, throw match first)
Hammer would break. Trebuchet would break. Missile...well, the missiles didn't work on them in the movie, did they? :LOL:

did he do it on purpose?
Yes he did. Mighty Megatron requires blood sacrifice from puny flesh creatures attempting to transform, and then hold his gun form.

That is why he is awesome.

he didnt say anything did he?
Mighty Megatron wastes not words on human germs.

I'm pulling your leg ..ok they're built to last but so far I've yet to see a toy that can survive a 3 yr old for every long
I was 3 when I started playing with transformers. Actually no, I was younger than that. Because the movie came out in August of 1986, so I was not yet 3. And I'd been watching the show before that.

I think you can see one of the reasons I defend Transformers with such fervor; it was something I remember from my formative years. Transformers may have actually been the second movie I ever saw in a theater...the first being The Great Mouse Detective, which was released earlier that year.

give it to a 3 year old and I guarentee in pieces in a few months
See above.

boy you sure are passionate about the transformers, you should try branching out a little (and no I dont mean collecting gobots ..you're grrrr-ing again arent you?) ..it's not a criticism just an observation
Transformers is chief among my nerd passions. Anytime transformers crops up and I'm around, I'm ready to tell people a thing or two.

It also doesn't help that I love collecting figures. Seriously, within view of me right now...I've got a Cobra Commander figure holding a guitar, standing on my router rocking out. I've got Skeletor raising his arms in triumph (or anger) next to my computer, Hot Rod, Megatron, and Barricade are to my right, along with a quintesson figure that IS ONE OF A HANDFUL MADE IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE :D :D :D...and that's just this room. And just the old 80's figures. Which reminds me that I seriously need a Mumm-Ra and a Monstar. Would that they made figures of No Heart.

or a transformer circa mid 80's for that matter ;)
It'll tear your foot right off. I'm sure if you check medical records from the era, there'd be a few cases of transformer-related injuries.

you should take pics of your collection, you must have tons of them
Would that I had a digital camera. I was going to buy one a few weeks ago...turned around and spent half the money on a copy of Half-Life 2, which I already own three copies of. The reason? This one had a santa hat on the package.

Terribly nerdy.

not too mention a barbeque that smells like singed Decepticon (teach them to threaten the earth)
I dunno. Some of them are sadists. They might come back for more.

gi-joe pawns all 80's crap

this here is a green beret, he's killed more charlie than any autobot could dream of ..you want action, well that's his name, he didnt get that scar driving in a car/alien robot
Old GI Joe inferior. 80's GI Joe superior. What is GI Joe without COBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!

you dont know what is

..I'd like to see if it's online somewhere
If I find it, I'll post it.

robots age? oil can should help with the squeaking and I'm sure they can be upgraded to the latest greatest Ion-Cannon Devastor 3000
Robots age. Transformers age and have sexes, for some reason. It is a mystery. But it proves for some interesting dialogue.

Hot Rod: "Not bad, for an old-timer!"
Kup: "Old-timer? That's something you'll never be if you don't make it back to the city!"
Hot Rod: "Save it, Kup! Let's burn rubber!"

the pterodactyl ....right ........
Nooo, that's Swoop. "Me Swoop, no see nothing." Skyfire was a spaceship/jet thing. If you want to know something funny about Skyfire, aka Jetfire as the toy was called, his toy was just a repainted Robotech VF-1. Talk about cutting costs.

so would they stop making Starcream toys? or perhaps they'd make a commemorative limited edition toy where it's just a black bag full of parts
Shamefully, I would pay so much money for a bag of gray dust with like, a half-sculpted Starscream head and a broken crown, like the scene from the movie where he died.

Actually I could probably make that. I just need a Starscream and the aforementioned lighter fluid and barbeque.

Wow, thanks for the idea.

so no more Skyfire toys? ...commemorative limited edition toy where it's just Skyfire in a block of ice ..which would kinda defeat the point of calling it "transformer" ...."umm this one changes into a block of ice"
Skyfire got gyped until last year, when they released a titanium of him. So for awhile, there really weren't any more Skyfire/Jetfire toys.

When Hasbro kills someone off, it means, "Your toy ain't selling. Now you get shot/frozen/turned into dust."

Oh also, there's a movie Megatron covered in ice that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. Dumb idea for a toy, really.

But it's not as dumb as the Rock Lords, which were a spinoff of the Gobots. They were robots that transformed into, I'm not kidding, ROCKS. This is why you were universally shunned as a kid if you were down with Gobots and Rock Lords.

"My Megatron figure transforms into a gun!"
"Soundwave becomes a boombox!"
"Optimus Prime is a truck!"
"My Boulder transforms into a...a boulder."
"..."
"GET THAT KID!"

because it's from a freakin cartoon about alien robots who transform into cassette tapes
COOL alien robots who transform into COOL cassette tapes.

indeed zombie Shakespeare leading a rag tag mob of fans would be a sight to behold
Playwrights of the world, unite behind your undead leader!

I think at best you'd get people to look up from what they were doing, go, "Eh," and then let zombie Shakespeare run wild, quoting throughout the streets in vain.

this last statement is why this is the best post of the year ..you just cant top that ..it's sig worthy but I dont want to make fun ...I'm not trying to be mean btw I just find it odd that someone would like the transformers (of all things) so much
You wanna know what's really great? It's that I'm RIGHT:

1173178106920tv7.jpg

That was from a few months ago. The echoes of consent went on for a very long time in that thread.

Stern, I'm not even sure what you're arguing about anymore. Yes, transformers the cartoon was made to sell toys. Darkside has already admitted this. Glorified commercial or not, you still must admit that it captured the imaginations of many, many children. So why this crusade? To him, me and many others, this doesn't matter. We were too young to care. What kid demands deep, complex, multi-layered plots from the Saturday morning cartoons? All we wanted was giant robots from space that shot pink lasers and transformed into vehicles. And that's exactly why I absolutely loved the movie. It made me feel like a kid again. I was smiling throughout the movie, and when I got out of the theater, I was disappointed that my car did not turn into a transformer. It isn't something I can clearly describe in words, but this movie made me happy in a way that few movies have.

I have no idea what kind of ridiculous cartoon drama is ensuing here but I saw the movie tonight and it was epic.

Seriously, both stern and darkside need to chill. It's a freaking comic.

Stop arguing about opinions.

You want a ****ing epic cartoon?

My Little Pony.

I bet none of you had the balls to appreciate that show/toy line.

Stern, I'm not even sure what you're arguing about anymore. Yes, transformers the cartoon was made to sell toys. Darkside has already admitted this. Glorified commercial or not, you still must admit that it captured the imaginations of many, many children. So why this crusade? To him, me and many others, this doesn't matter. We were too young to care. What kid demands deep, complex, multi-layered plots from the Saturday morning cartoons? All we wanted was giant robots from space that shot pink lasers and transformed into vehicles. And that's exactly why I absolutely loved the movie. It made me feel like a kid again. I was smiling throughout the movie, and when I got out of the theater, I was disappointed that my car did not turn into a transformer. It isn't something I can clearly describe in words, but this movie made me happy in a way that few movies have.

cpt. stern and darkside are arguing not about religion or politics or even sex ...... but a cartoon?

Seriously, both stern and darkside need to chill. It's a freaking comic.

Stop arguing about opinions.

either people didnt read my replies to Darkside or my tongue in cheek attitude is too subtle ....I cant see how it can be subtle seeing as how I made references to a 8" plastic doll as if he were actually alive ...yes I can see how asking whether or not a transformer purposefully cut Darkside could be taken seriously, because everyone knows toys have a life of their own ..in fact this morning I drove my son's 69 malibu into work ...kinda sucked that I had to enter through the window cuz the doors are just painted on ............... :dozey:

let me clue you in: I AM FREAKING JOKING FFS I havent even see the movie!! it may have started as a debate on the merit of the movie based on the IP but has long since evolved into something else ...jeez lighten the fcuk up

My Little Pony.

I used to watch the show. It was cool.

That, and gummi bears, winnie the pooh, and care bears. Lots of bears. I guess that was what was popular.

This guy i work with just proclaimed Transformers to be the greatest movie ever made...i was bitting my lip through the entire conversation.

This guy i work with just proclaimed Transformers to be the greatest movie ever made...i was bitting my lip through the entire conversation.

you didnt pat him on the head and say "oh arent you a clever boy, did you go with your daddy? or was it mommy's turn?"

Should have spat in his face and told him his opinion was about as much good as a chocolate fireguard, and to shove it up his rectum.

Stern and I must always argue about something. It preserves a very delicate balance we've set up. DON'T FVCK WITH THE BALANCE!

My Little Pony.

The movie was good. It had Danny DeVito in it!

I used to watch the show. It was cool.

That, and gummi bears, winnie the pooh, and care bears. Lots of bears. I guess that was what was popular.
Care Bears is another thing I seriously geek out on. TBH, if it wasn't for the Transformers movie (1986), Care Bears would be chief among my nerd passions. You know all those toys I was saying I have in my computer room in an earlier post? They're not toys, but my housekey is attached to eight Care Bears pendants.

The Gummi Bears were OK. The show itself was OK. The themesong was epic.

Oh, and of Winnie the Pooh...

kessieqo7.jpg

If you know anything about Winnie the Pooh, you'll start bursting into uncontrollable tears RIGHT NOW. Otherwise, you don't know Winnie the Pooh or you have a heart of stone.

A heart of fvcking stone. ;(

He was right. This man knows. This is a man who'd drop what he was doing and follow Optimus Prime.

Movie was Epic. Transformers are Epic.

It was alright. Nothing to piss your pants about though. Started off great.

I just got back from watching this movie.

I'm sorry, but in between the awesome action scenes, the movie as a whole was rubbish.

I just got back from watching this movie.

I'm sorry, but in between the awesome action scenes, the movie as a whole was rubbish.

Agreed no doubt, but so was 300, and that film was epic too.

Well, I went to sleep during the boring scenes, so my opinion may be biased. :D

Agreed no doubt, but so was 300, and that film was epic too.

300 had more depth (ok, not Academy-award winning or anything) and emotion, coupled with a grand directing and cinematographic vision.

Transformers was just popcorn-mush.

A lot of things sucked in this movie. Not everything, but a lot of things. The only things that never ever, not even once sucked, was the actual Transformers, and especially not Optimus Prime. **** me I love Peter Cullen's voice and his acting so much, and I was only a casual fan of the old shows. Although I did have one Transformers toy.

Oh, really? Hey, that's cool, man, that's really

optimusprimevsgundamwinvq5.jpg

(Fsck yo' anime; OPTIMUS MOTHAFVCKIN' PRIME!)

Aw, i was expecting inspirational-message format.

a gundam wing movie would be very similar to the transformers movie except in space.

Oh, really? Hey, that's cool, man, that's really

optimusprimevsgundamwinvq5.jpg

(Fsck yo' anime; OPTIMUS MOTHAFVCKIN' PRIME!)

optimusprime.jpg

cardboard, glue, red crayons: $8

duct tape, red pajamas: $19

reaching middle age without kissing a girl: priceless

dont let it happen to you

paid by the Stern Foundation for the Prevention of Perpetual Bachelorhood

:O

Aw, leave him alone Stern. Let the man dress how he wants on his one day per year venturing out to the surface world from his subterranean lair (aka mom's basement).

And no, RJMC, Transformers wasn't anime.

Back