Transformers

I'm 16.

I liked 300.

But I was bored with this pile of shit movie. Why is everyone saying it was so fun and exciting when the pacing was so god damn slow and the first two hours nearly put me and several others to sleep?

Why is it that everyone is going on about the action when I can't see the ****ing action?! That scene early on with Bumblebee getting chased by the police Deceptacon (sorry, the movie is too piss poor on developing the transformers that I forgot what it's name was) made no sense with the camerawork, went for 30 seconds and suddenly WHOA IT'S NIGHT TIME WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CAR CHASE.

God the script is so confused on whether it's comical or omgdramatic serious that it jumps all over the place, it has no idea whether to develop the Auto-bots into something to care for or the humans. I rofl'd at Bay's King Kong like capture of Bumblebee... obviously trying to pull the heartstrings but failing utterly considering the lack of actually developing them somewhat.

There are so many parts I could rant about, but I will admit there was one good scene. At the beginning, with the helicopter Deceptacon blowing the shit out of the military base... there was a real sense of danger and foreboding there. Still, that went out the window with the introduction of the little stereo Deceptacon, turning them into a complete joke.

It was a decent film when I walked out of it but the more I think about it the more stupid it becomes.

300 is shit. Transformers is the action-movie epic of the summer, maybe even the year. It's just ****ing FUN to watch. It reminds me of when I was a kid and I played with transformers and made my own storylines and whatnot. This movie is basically that as a movie. It rules. See it asap.

I agree with the people saying it wasn't great. Okay, so the graphics were excellent and the explosions and cars and awesome man-ness of the movie were cool. Throwing out all that, the movie sucked. The humor parts of the movie were played nicely, had a many number of laughs, but the actors sucked. I thought the main kid did well though, considering he has had other comic only role his serious (w/ comic relief) part was surprising to me, when I saw he was in it I was skeptical but he came through.

There was not enough character buildup with the super hot chick he was in love with. I can't even remember her name. Character development for Sam Witwicky was good around her character but herself was not built up enough. Her saying she forgot who he was, then thinking was a complete weirdo, then falling in love with him all felt kind of lame, which was predictable, which is also lame.

Not enough explaining on what the bad guys where and whats so different about them to the good guys, it seemed like the baddies hated humans and the others didn't. Didn't et their motives very much until the very end. Also, it was hard to distinguish the difference between the baddies and goodies because of all the CGI explosions and random shit flying everywhere (talking about the end battle), seemed like reckless unknown random fighting to me instead of tactical thinking.

All I can think of at the moment. May be more in my head I'm forgetting.

All in all, the main chick and the Aussie chick were fantastic looking.

Well, at least it had hot chicks going for it.

Clear something up for me...how are you seeing this movie? It's not out until the 4th *it's still teh 3rd!*

It actually released the 3rd (today). The trailers and promos didn't exactly help advertise this though.

"This July 4th.... TRANSFORMERS! July 3rd."

Well, at least it had hot chicks going for it.

Yeah, Megan Fox and the car scene... even if there was thousands of air brushes and what not going off everything = :O

It actually released the 3rd (today). The trailers and promos didn't exactly help advertise this though.

"This July 4th.... TRANSFORMERS! July 3rd."

I saw it nearly a week ago, at the cinema, along with the general public :D

I envy you ..I'm far too jaded a film buff to ever enjoy it except in small spurts ..a scene here and there at most ..Michael bay makes me cringe, there's not a movie in his repertoire that isnt an example of hack work

oh for the love god, he's remaking the Hitchcock classic the birds ..can someone please kill off his career already

Why is Michael Bay allowed to keep making movies.

because people like Icarusintel think his movies are "fun"

;)

Clearly the people seeing his movies need to be killed.

Dropping a bomb on the United States may be messy, but it would help a lot.

The solution here is to stop people like Icarusintel going to the movies. Michael Bay must be plunged several layers into the Earth's to ensure he doesn't take up directing again. I loathe every single one of his movies; I've never enjoyed them, I've never found them 'fun' and I find it horrible that this mockery of a human being is allowed to even 'direct'.

Clearly the people seeing his movies need to be killed.

Dropping a bomb on the United States may be messy, but it would help a lot.
Does that mean we get to bomb Germany too so we can take out Boll?

The solution here is to stop people like Icarusintel going to the movies. Michael Bay must be plunged several layers into the Earth's to ensure he doesn't take up directing again. I loathe every single one of his movies; I've never enjoyed them, I've never found them 'fun' and I find it horrible that this mockery of a human being is allowed to even 'direct'.
I think the real solution is to kill everyone who doesn't like his movies. By the box office reciepts it would seem there are fewer of them. :D

No; it means we get to herd all retards into Britian and then launch the strike from elsewhere. It'd be less messy and the country would benefit.

Does that mean we get to bomb Germany too so we can take out Boll?

Hell yeah! Those shits still got it easy after two world wars.

In fact, I propose a nuclear blanket covering the entire planet. That way we could also take out Bollywood and Hong Kong cinema as well, along with others.

It's all far too inaccurate for my liking. The idea that these people may survive and continue their work is too terrible to contemplate. I say we round them all up. We scour the face of the Earth for these people and check them off the list until we're down to the very last one.

Then, we line them up, and we shoot them.

And we call it "For the good of cinema."

I think the real solution is to kill everyone who doesn't like his movies. By the box office reciepts it would seem there are fewer of them. :D

hey why not kill anyone who's not a britney spears fans ...from record sales it would seem there are fewer of them ...I think cyanide gas should be rerouted to daily showings of transformers through the air vents ..it has a two fold effect: culling and the theatre ushers get to ransack the corpses pockets before they're unceremoniously dumped in the alley out back

but why stop there? they should work it into the concession stands ...going to see Casablanca gets you a complimentary bag of popcorn and a large pop ..go to a Michael Bay movie and you're likely to get a Michael Bay branded popcorn bag ..now with even deadlier poison. Wash it down with a Classic Coke Sarin Toxin Extreme

It's even sadder that millions upon millions of dollars were wasted in the making of this film and it turned out to be shite.

Certainly a worthier cause existed for it all.

Killing everybody would also suffice.

yes but then you'd be all alone ..and unless you kill yourself you're not actually killing everyone

It's even sadder that millions upon millions of dollars were wasted in the making of this film and it turned out to be shite.

Certainly a worthier cause existed for it all.

I'm interested in seeing what the transformers box office receipts look like in comparison to Sicko, which is clearly much more important to americans than a movie made to sell merchandise

yes but then you'd be all alone ..and unless you kill yourself you're not actually killing everyone

Anybody with the slightest potential of turning into Michael Bay has to be removed. So I'm willing to make that self-sacrifice.

Anybody with the slightest potential of turning into Michael Bay has to be removed. So I'm willing to make that self-sacrifice.

and I'm willing to let you do it ..just give me time to escape

I sorta liked The Rock, Bad Boys and Armageddon.

box office receipts this past weekend ..note Transformers is not on that list because it was only released at select theatres

1. - N - Ratatouille - $47,227,000 - % - 3,940 - $47,227,000
2. - N - Live Free or Die Hard - $33,150,000 - -% - 3,408 - $48,178,000
3. - 1 - Evan Almighty - $15,089,000 - -51.6% - 3,636 - $60,625,000
4. - 2 - 1408 - $10,610,000 - -48.5% - 2,733 - $40,389,000
5. - 3 - Silver Surfer - $9,000,000 - -55%

edit: gah **** you ghostzilla you ****ing suck that's the third time today you've eaten my post ..**** **** go **** your momma!!!! stoopid invisible browser. this is the last time I fix you

1. - N - Ratatouille - $47,227,000 - % - 3,940 - $47,227,000
2. - N - Live Free or Die Hard - $33,150,000 - -% - 3,408 - $48,178,000
3. - 1 - Evan Almighty - $15,089,000 - -51.6% - 3,636 - $60,625,000
4. - 2 - 1408 - $10,610,000 - -48.5% - 2,733 - $40,389,000
5. - 3 - Silver Surfer - $9,000,000 - -55% — 3,424 - $114,800,000
6. - 5 - Knocked Up - $7,418,000 - -32.4% - 2,678 - $122,407,000
7. - 4 - Ocean’s Thirteen - $6,050,000 - -47.0% — 2,903 - $102,085,000
8. - 6 - At World’s End - $5,015,000 - -30.4% - 2,162 - $295,758,000
9. - N - Sicko - $4,500,000 - +6,424.7% - 441 - $4,500,000
10. - N - Evening - $3,513,000 - -% - 977 - $3,513,000

transformers made shitloads more monies than sicko even though it was limited release proving some people are far more interested in es-plosions and really big stuff fighting each other than they are on the well being of their own country ..some americans are patriots only in name

oh why the hell is John turturro in transformers? ffs he's a brilliant actor, his talent is wasted on a hack like Bay

Going through peoples' opinions of the movie, I think that the key factor in loving this movie is that you love transformers. Everyone who's said they hated this movie, or that Michael Bay sucks, or this and that, you just don't like transformers. Thus you're judging this movie by some other standard, whereas the rest of us are judging this movie by, "Holy shit, Transformers."

Regarding Sicko, you're right, Stern. Why WOULD people want to watch a movie about our healthcare system when they could watch giant robots fighting each other? I go to the movies to be entertained. If I want to watch a documentary I'll stay home and watch it on TV, or maybe I'll rent it. But if I'm sitting in front of a big screen with a blaring, shake-the-seats sound system, I don't want to be watching a documentary about healthcare. I want to see that equipment put to good use. And what's better use than explosions?

CRUSH KILL DEMOLTION MICHAEL BAY. fFS I HATE BAY. AHATEHATE!! ****INGTRANSFOR - BAY BAY KILL KILL!

Going through peoples' opinions of the movie, I think that the key factor in loving this movie is that you love transformers. Everyone who's said they hated this movie, or that Michael Bay sucks, or this and that, you just don't like transformers. Thus you're judging this movie by some other standard, whereas the rest of us are judging this movie by, "Holy shit, Transformers."

Regarding Sicko, you're right, Stern. Why WOULD people want to watch a movie about our healthcare system when they could watch giant robots fighting each other? I go to the movies to be entertained. If I want to watch a documentary I'll stay home and watch it on TV, or maybe I'll rent it. But if I'm sitting in front of a big screen with a blaring, shake-the-seats sound system, I don't want to be watching a documentary about healthcare. I want to see that equipment put to good use. And what's better use than explosions?

I'm willing to bet it'll make far more in rentals than Sicko ..in fact I think it'll make far more in dvd sales, merchandising, fast food tie ins and lets not forget the toys because ya gotta have toys ...lots and lots of toys

whatever your motive for going to the theatre sometimes we need to take a collective stand and say hey this issue matters to me, instead of always going for the quick and cheap self-gratification ...I mean apathy is what got you into Iraq, apathy is also what allows 47 million americans to be dangerously underinsured

I'm tired of people using "I go to the movies to be entertained" as an excuse as to why they're consuming crap ..do you read books solely to be entertained? ..if so people must be reading a shitload of harliquin romance books, star wars novels and Where's Waldo books. Some people make it sound as if their level of sophistication stops at well.. Michael Bay when I know for a fact some of them are more intelligent than that.

b

transformers made shitloads more monies than sicko even though it was limited release proving some people are far more interested in es-plosions and really big stuff fighting each other than they are on the well being of their own country ..some americans are patriots only in name

oh why the hell is John turturro in transformers? ffs he's a brilliant actor, his talent is wasted on a hack like Bay

Transformers is playing in like 4000 theaters...i wouldn't call that a limited release( unless you were referring to sicko in which case ill STFU).

Anyway..you can go to both. There is such a thing as balance, i would almost feel obligated to watch a documentary, or if nothing else something that doesn't suck, after watching a MB flick.....not that i would watch one out of my own accord.

Hopefully Sicko( which i saw, it's great) can find the audience that Fahrenheit 911 attracted. I highly doubt it though.

I meant limited release as in it wasnt released in all areas at the same time; that's why it's not included in the weekend box office receipts ...sorry my bad choice of words

People are generally more interested in being entertained than enlightened, especially when it comes to issues we deal with in our daily lives. At least, this is what people don't want to go to the theater for. The theater is a form of escapism, to watch stories that entertain you, plots and situations that are usually "out there" and don't have any relation to anything that goes on in your life. If there's even any passing relevance then the whole thing's exaggerated.

I wouldn't call it apathy as much as wanting to turn a blind eye to it. Everyone cares about those sorts of things (or at least they should; I know I care about health insurance), but I can't expect people to want to go see a movie about it. You deal with it every day, you know? Why would I want to take some time to enjoy with friends or family, or even if you go to the movie by yourself, watching a documentary about something that might depress me?

One other thing I might add is that Sicko hasn't been widely advertised. I can't remember seeing any commercials or billboards for it. How are people supposed to know about this movie if they've never heard about it before? Once they get to the theater and see the poster and the showtimes? Very few people just turn up at a movie theater like that anymore without knowing what they want to watch.

Also, just fyi, I do read to be entertained. ;) Everything I read I find wildly entertaining, otherwise I wouldn't pick it up. In fact, I have a couple books on medicine I read because I enjoy them.

But, there is just so much more interesting and rewarding entertainment out there that ( i feel) you would have to be batshit insane to turn to micheal bay. Even Spielberg, who is no stranger to big time special effects, always makes sure that his characters are versatile and interesting, so that the scenes in between the action is just as entertaining. The same can be said for Zemeckis, who uses special effects to aid his stories rather then make them.

Yes, im aware that SS executive produced Transfomers, lately he's been more of a cash cow.

what gets me is that Bay treats his films seriously ..had he thrown in tongue in cheek bits of self referential satire his films could be seen as something more than what it is: big budget schlock. He's the equivilent of a big mac combo: a whole lotta packaging/condiments to disguise the fact that the meat isnt really meat

Ah, but you know about the Big Mac, don't you? That meat may be processed so much that there's no flavor left, but that's why they inject the meat with flavor that they know people like. McDonald's didn't make its money making a good burger, they made their money by making a consistent burger.

Anyway, there's a lot of focus on Michael Bay here. Michael Bay this, Michael Bay that, his movies suck...actually he even rips on himself about Armageddon in Transformers. But who cares who did it, y'know? Seriously, a couple of us guys hanging around outside after the premier were like, "Michael Bay? CLEAN SLATE." I don't give two shits about how bad Pearl Harbor was, this man made Transformers. And he did it well. In that same conversation outside the theater I was telling somebody, "It's like George Lucas. Episode 3 gave him the clean slate. It makes even Episodes 1 and 2 awesome movies." And they were GARBAGE. Friggin' garbage.

Like I said, it just comes down to if you like Transformers or not. Anyone who saw the movie and loved The Transformers as a kid, you wouldn't care who it was directed by, you wouldn't care what that person'd done in the past, you wouldn't care about anything except for the fact that this movie was incredible on some kind of scale that in itself is to incredible to even talk about. It was THAT good.

I mean, that's the whole reason I've been hearing complaints about camera angles or humor or this and that. It's because people who weren't transformers fans can focus on all these other things. Transformers fans see only the transformers. That's what we're seeing. It's too much for us, it's too cool. Camera angles, what? Man did you see Optimus Prime?! That's what I saw. What camera angles? This movie's directed by WHO? I don't give a ****; Megatron berated Starscream with a line from the original '86 movie!

That's how we're seeing it.

People are generally more interested in being entertained than enlightened, especially when it comes to issues we deal with in our daily lives. At least, this is what people don't want to go to the theater for. The theater is a form of escapism, to watch stories that entertain you, plots and situations that are usually "out there" and don't have any relation to anything that goes on in your life. If there's even any passing relevance then the whole thing's exaggerated.

come on you're missing vital ingredient: people go to theater so that they dont have to think ..at least in general terms (as seen by the fact that Michael Bay's movies outgross say jim jarmusch; a more talented film maker) ..sure it's escapism but part of that escapism is being relieved of any sort of real involvement in the film ..it's all spelt out for you in big bold giant gigaplex surround sound glory. There's no subtly there's no nuances excepting in how slow a frame by frame shot of an exploding <insert big thing here> is. That said you yourself say that you can be entertained and still learn at the same time (medical books) ..why does it have to be either or when it comes to films? Documentaries, art films, well made mainstream films are still entertaining despite the fact that those types of films ask the viewer to participate a bit more than Michael Bay's brand of entertainment

I wouldn't call it apathy as much as wanting to turn a blind eye to it. Everyone cares about those sorts of things (or at least they should; I know I care about health insurance), but I can't expect people to want to go see a movie about it. You deal with it every day, you know? Why would I want to take some time to enjoy with friends or family, or even if you go to the movie by yourself, watching a documentary about something that might depress me?

why go see anything at all besides happy films? limiting yourself to a certain genre just because you agree with it on a thematic level is doing yourself a disservice ...and I dont agree that people dont want to see something like sicko because they deal with it everyday ..if that were true the HMO's wouldnt get away with half the crap they get away with

One other thing I might add is that Sicko hasn't been widely advertised. I can't remember seeing any commercials or billboards for it. How are people supposed to know about this movie if they've never heard about it before? Once they get to the theater and see the poster and the showtimes? Very few people just turn up at a movie theater like that anymore without knowing what they want to watch.

studios wont touch Moore's films with a 100 foot pole, same goes for some distributors in key locations ..almost always goes through independent distributors; nowhere near the same budget as the studios

Also, just fyi, I do read to be entertained. ;) Everything I read I find wildly entertaining, otherwise I wouldn't pick it up. In fact, I have a couple books on medicine I read because I enjoy them.

yes but medical books ...you prove my point

Yeah, that is the main ingredient: people just want to sit back and let their brains relax and watch pretty things happen on the screen.

And it isn't either/or when it comes to films. I do watch documentaries and the like. I <3 the history channel. It's just for a theater, well...and speaking for the general moviegoing public, that's just not something people go to the theater for. I honestly couldn't tell you why, aside from the above "I don't want to think" reason. It's not so much suited to a regular theater, I think. Where I used to live we had a theater that showed a lot of art films and informational stuff--I remember they showed What the Bleep Do We Know?! there, which is a film about quantum physics and religion, something in the vein of The Dancing Wu Li Masters--and those're places that seem more apt to those kinds of films.

And I dunno, man. I still think that a lot of people, if polled, would say they don't want to see a movie about something that affects them in real life, especially if it's something they contend with. Maybe some people would. A lot of people wouldn't. The majority wouldn't.

Also, regarding Moore's budget, I remember there at least being some commercials and hype for his 9/11 film. Maybe post that, nobody'll give him enough money for advertising. You would think that there'd at least be some posters up though. I didn't hear about Sicko until word of mouth on the interwebs a few weeks ago.

Back