Trouble in Terrorist Town

I've been on holiday for the last few days sorry. With regard to the admin situation we will start to expand the community admins for the server so we have better coverage.

Will decide who will be added to the new selection, right now off the top of my head Xevrex, Milly & Eejit will be top of the list, if there is anyone else who plays regularly who has slipped my mind right now, post and remind me.

Garg I would add you as a admin because you play so much TTT and know the game well but I fear your instant-rage-o-admin-ban-ban-ban mode would activate based on my experiences playing with you (and your post above).

edit: Oh and please post your Steam_ID so we can add the new admins. (or PM / email / steam message me). You can use this, its safe - http://steamidfinder.com/

This sounds really fun. Kinda like Clue but better and with guns.

Too bad Gary's Mod isn't on Mac yet... (If I had the spare cash I'd but a new Windows rig, but alas.)

Looks like both of our Garry's Mod servers are borked...temporarily. When I join, I get a constant stream of LUA errors and the gamemode isn't working properly. No idea why.

Looks like both of our Garry's Mod servers are borked...temporarily. When I join, I get a constant stream of LUA errors and the gamemode isn't working properly. No idea why.

Restart them, yo!

I will be able to play this tomorrow, after I'm finished MOVING INTO MY NEW PLACE WHICH ACTUALly kind of sucks because it's a family friend's basement until I find a place of my own.

I've been on holiday for the last few days sorry. With regard to the admin situation we will start to expand the community admins for the server so we have better coverage.

Will decide who will be added to the new selection, right now off the top of my head Xevrex, Milly & Eejit will be top of the list, if there is anyone else who plays regularly who has slipped my mind right now, post and remind me.

Garg I would add you as a admin because you play so much TTT and know the game well but I fear your instant-rage-o-admin-ban-ban-ban mode would activate based on my experiences playing with you (and your post above).

edit: Oh and please post your Steam_ID so we can add the new admins. (or PM / email / steam message me). You can use this, its safe - http://steamidfinder.com/

I'm not interested in admin position either, not because of my rage(I have run servers for other games in the past like SS13 during which my server had average of 30 players just fine, but that's an RP game with quite strict rules) but because the few times I have had admin positions it has usually resulted in me not enjoying the game anymore because of all the disputes I have to solve.

But I am absolutely certain that you can find some good admins on here to fill up the server with better coverage.

Personally I would think it would be nice to have a /report system in the game like some other servers do, basically you type /report and you get a menu to report a player for violation of various rules, when an admin comes online they get the reports and can check the logs themselves or inform someone else of the report and investigate it.

That way it would discourage people to break the rules even when there aren't admins on since one can /report any rulebreaker and they'll know admins will see that report when they do come on.

I'm also not sure what I think of people with n*gg*r in their nicks playing on the server, especially since that person said he wasn't black. I don't think racial slurs have any place on the server, or any server for that matter.

Anyway, for those European TTT players out there, me and Dinnesch play regularly on The Ice Cave's server, they have very active admins and the server being based on a very high-speed connection in the Netherlands gives great pings for us Europeans.

If you find the HL2.net server empty or to be without admins I recommend The Ice Cave.

It usually starts filling up around 2PM GMT or so.

I like the report idea, that would be helpful.
I'm also not sure what I think of people with n*gg*r in their nicks playing on the server, especially since that person said he wasn't black. I don't think racial slurs have any place on the server, or any server for that matter.
lol, black or not, that is definitely not an OK name. I kindly ask people to disconnect and change their name when it's something that negatively affects gameplay. Like one player who was named "That Guy" and others with stupid names like ". ."

And of course I wouldn't allow a name that is not allowed to be said on hl2.net forums... I mean it's an hl2.net server.

Oh god yeah that makes things entertaining.

"Hey, I'm with KDSF[13zzw]~~~"

Anyone who has a troll name gets one warning, then ban. Names like " " and "~" are obvious giveaways.

I'd also like to see the admins more on the lookout for griefers, especially when 4 people join at once and they all start a smartass soundoff on the mic. Last time these 3 guys joined. First round, one was detective and the other an innocent, and they just sat in a one-way room on Clue and somehow prevented the door from opening (some trick with getting the detective stuck in the door). We banned the detective and the guy in the room, then the third friend started aggressively asking why they were banned, then started telling us how bad the server was.

Really, it should be pretty obvious.

Server is up and working now. I still get about 3 LUA errors on join, but the gamemode is working properly now.

Now my summer vacation is over, I can never stay up long enough to play on the HL2.net server.(it's usually like 3.00AM here when people start to play on it). Only play on the Ice Cave these days.

I have played. I don't see what's wrong with "That Guy". You're being pretty obtuse if you think it's trolling.

Tyguy isn't far off, tbh.

I could see it being used to grief, and that ain't cool.

"Wait wait shit who's the terrorist"
"that guy" *looks in a direction*
"But That Guy is way over there"
"No not That Guy, that guy, over there"
"Are you ****ing with me?"
*both get shot*

Sure it's an extremely specific situation, but it could happen!

just pres tab or whatever the button to see players list is,and check for that username and done

Except he told me he specifically chose it to **** with people.

Well then there isn't a question about it. If you'd mentioned that in the first place, it would have meant something completely different.

When you run into a guy playing TTT with a name like that who isn't aware of what he's doing to the game, you call me up and let me know then I'll edit my post immediately to clarify that.

Anyone who has a troll name gets one warning, then ban. Names like " " and "~" are obvious giveaways.

I'd also like to see the admins more on the lookout for griefers, especially when 4 people join at once and they all start a smartass soundoff on the mic. Last time these 3 guys joined. First round, one was detective and the other an innocent, and they just sat in a one-way room on Clue and somehow prevented the door from opening (some trick with getting the detective stuck in the door). We banned the detective and the guy in the room, then the third friend started aggressively asking why they were banned, then started telling us how bad the server was.

Really, it should be pretty obvious.

They always come in packs.

Also... "That Guy" is a troll name? Please... that's some lame moderation in my opinion. Sure, the name may be used to cause some chaos, but use your brain and don't let it trip you up. Apply a nickname for him, or just call him something like "the guy named that guy". Nickname works better. Banning for names like that is kind of retarded.

My two cents.

You don't have to compress everybody and everything into extremely specific parameters to have an enjoyable game. You just have to keep pointless mic spam down, RDM's down, RDMers and other trouble makers out.

Who ever says "That Guy" when referring to somebody anyway? I haven't really heard it. Certainly isn't common enough to get things confused. Going to that excessive length is... too much.

Who said anything about banning? I wouldn't ban him.

In fact, what I actually did was ask him to change it. He didn't, and I didn't do anything to him. But it is my opinion that trying to **** with the game isn't cool.

Who said anything about banning? I wouldn't ban him.

In fact, what I actually did was ask him to change it. He didn't, and I didn't do anything to him. But it is my opinion that trying to **** with the game isn't cool.

What are you going to do if he doesn't change his name? Why have him change his name anyway, unless it's a personal request.

I read viper's post as an extension of yours, talking about anybody with a troll name being a warning then a ban. You were calling "That Guy" a troll name.

If viper simply meant other names being banned and not names like "That Guy", then I am sorry.

EDIT: Okay, vegeta, you said you wouldn't do anything to him for not changing it. Fair enough. That, in my opinion, is the proper response.

I'm just biased against that type of ridiculous behavior. Seen it on other servers, and have never liked it. I've also been told to removed HL2.NET from my name(and was kicked) because it was "advertising". Moron admins... the .NET suddenly makes it an advertisement, and not simply another clan name eh?

I just said what I did. I let him do what he wanted, and yes it was a personal request, because I wasn't going to kick or ban him unless it was a really irritating name like .. or #.

Is there a steep learning curve to this ? , i read the mini tutorial on the TTT website but it sounds like theres a bit more to it. The tutorial didn't even mention the DNA scanner.

You'll pick it up in one night bro, it's really simple.

Mastering it though, is part of the journey.

The most difficult part about the game is the social aspect. Becoming a good manipulator.

Raziaar, I do fine in TTT despite not being a good manipulator.

Perhaps because I can be awesome at the shock element, hide above 6 people, toss a knife at first guy, jump down with shotgun and headshot four of them then finish the final one off with a deagle headshot.

Some get satisfaction out of manipulating people into RDMing eachother, I do that too sometimes, but I find it far more fun to just surprise the shit out of them and hear the absolute carnage over mics.:LOL:

Raziaar, I do fine in TTT despite not being a good manipulator.

Perhaps because I can be awesome at the shock element, hide above 6 people, toss a knife at first guy, jump down with shotgun and headshot four of them then finish the final one off with a deagle headshot.

Some get satisfaction out of manipulating people into RDMing eachother, I do that too sometimes, but I find it far more fun to just surprise the shit out of them and hear the absolute carnage over mics.:LOL:

****ing WOW

Yeah, I like playing Counter-Strike too.

Except this was in the TTT mode for GMOD, my other traitor buddy had died with 1 kill(He was a newb) and I won the round, probably the most satisfactory win I've had in TTT aside from my other rambo match which I posted a screen of the results earlier in the thread, where I got 10 kills, and my two traitor buddies only got 1 kill each.

And 8 of those 10 were after a person had already shouted over his mic "GARGANTOU'S THE TRAITOR!"

Anyway, why you disrespecting my TTT abilities?:(

I say, whatever wins the round that doesn't break the rules of the game is fine in my book, but I do do stealth matches too, if the map is good for it, like say ResidentEvil2 which has a lot of corridors and passageways so you can kill people discretely.

I'd really quite like to play this with people I know. Perhaps even a slightly smaller group. Far too many times I've said something like:

I'm on top of the lighthouse, now. That Guy's up here, and he's acting pretty shifty... Oh Sh-

And people spend another 5 minutes wandering around wondering who the traitor is.

I really haven't felt the magic to the extreme degree I did before ever since the server started becoming popular and people actually started joining besides us.

lol @ Gargantou playing Counterstrike

I like the report idea, that would be helpful.
lol, black or not, that is definitely not an OK name. I kindly ask people to disconnect and change their name when it's something that negatively affects gameplay. Like one player who was named "That Guy" and others with stupid names like ". ."

And of course I wouldn't allow a name that is not allowed to be said on hl2.net forums... I mean it's an hl2.net server.

~Milly Bays the Rapist~

Yeah, I like playing Counter-Strike too.
Except this was in the TTT mode for GMOD
missingthepoint.png

And 8 of those 10 were after a person had already shouted over his mic "GARGANTOU'S THE TRAITOR!"
But that didn't matter did it? Because you just rambo'd everyone anyway.

Anyway, why you disrespecting my TTT abilities?:(
Because nobody cares how many people you managed to kill in counterstrike mode. That's not why the game is fun.

Pardon me if I'm going too far but it's like you're a little kid who just likes to play with the race car and crash into the little plastic houses in Monopoly instead of actually playing the game properly.

Yeah, way to be patronising and condescending for no reason whatsoever.

You're definitely cooler than me.

Pardon me if I'm going too far but it's like you're a little kid who just likes to play with the race car and crash into the little plastic houses in Monopoly instead of actually playing the game properly.

Let me ask you, when 8 people know it's me, what am I supposed to do other than kill them on sight when I know they will kill me on sight?

Hiding all round without trying to do objective(kill innocents) is considered stalling on the server I play and against the rules so I can't very well do that.

I always try to avoid getting discovered if POSSIBLE, but when I get discovered, I know I have to kill every innocent **** I see because they know it's me.

I'll once again have you know that I have won rounds without ever being discovered, like on lost_temple for example by making use of traps and sacrificial chambers etc.

But but... Thanks for enlightening me to your opinion of me, that I am a little kid that don't know how to play TTT.

Luckily, the people on the server where I am a regular actually generally consider me a good TTT player and know I can play the game well and in the end, that's really all that matters I guess.

The HL2.net server gives me incredibly bad ping so I don't play on it very often partly because of that, it's hard to hit the side of a barn with the lag I get there. It's impossible for me to get a headshot or a knife kill on the HL2.net server due to the lag I experience so naturally the game ain't fun for me on there, thank God there are other servers that also are good but located in Europe.

Back