Trouble in Terrorist Town

ríomhaire, TTT really is so much better with mics, because if you type "xxx is the traitor" or other things like htat, only like 25% of the server generally pays attention.

Whereas if you shout it over the mic, I tend to find like at least 75% picks it up.

Yeah, given how much you need to be paying attention to your surroundings and how people are behaving etc, it's really inconvenient to have to peek down at the chat every few seconds. Especially with people spamming macros every. ****ing. time. they see someone.

So do you guys still play this much? Haven't been around at the usual time lately.

I'm still having that map downloading problem. I get kicked from the server for not having the map before the map is finished downloading. How id I fix this?

I'm still having that map downloading problem. I get kicked from the server for not having the map before the map is finished downloading. How id I fix this?

Which map is it? I know of a few maps that require you to download them from the official Garry's Mod website, but I'm not familiar with any of them being TTT.

Which map is it? I know of a few maps that require you to download them from the official Garry's Mod website, but I'm not familiar with any of them being TTT.

Its more than one. Lost temple, Bank. just to name a few. I wonder if its because I'm on a mac?

Yeah, given how much you need to be paying attention to your surroundings and how people are behaving etc, it's really inconvenient to have to peek down at the chat every few seconds. Especially with people spamming macros every. ****ing. time. they see someone.

So do you guys still play this much? Haven't been around at the usual time lately.

I'm taking a pause myself, having played it over 100+ hours(Sadly I'm not exaggerating.) in about a month's time, it's safe to say I'm a bit sick of it now.:p

Its more than one. Lost temple, Bank. just to name a few. I wonder if its because I'm on a mac?

That's weird. I was able to get those maps automatically when I joined the server. Maybe it does have something to do with the Mac. Not sure, though.

Wait, do you have your download option set to something like "Download All Files?" If not, that might be causing your dilemma.

Wait, do you have your download option set to something like "Download All Files?" If not, that might be causing your dilemma.
That was also my thought. In the options menu, I think it is in the multiplayer tab, there should be an option for downloads when you connect to a server and it should be set, as Shem said, to 'Download all files'.

I have been playing a lot of TTT on the halflife2.net TTT server. Honestly, a lot of RDMers come in each day that I end up having to ban/kick and such. I find it amazing how many illiterate RDMers are out there.

Anyway, we probably need to make the maximum ban length limit a permaban instead of a week max. I had an RDMer come in today that I banned for a week about 2 weeks ago, and he pretty much killed everybody and left.

Lastly, Tacoeaterguy should probably have miniadmin/admin, as he is usually playing on our TTT server into the night while I'm sleeping. I cover it most of the day, though.

That was also my thought. In the options menu, I think it is in the multiplayer tab, there should be an option for downloads when you connect to a server and it should be set, as Shem said, to 'Download all files'.

I did and I get the same issue. It little map icon moves across the screen and the download bar starts making progress. Then part of the way through I get this.

Picture 1.png

I have no clue what is doing this, or how to fix it.

I did and I get the same issue. It little map icon moves across the screen and the download bar starts making progress. Then part of the way through I get this.

View attachment 22560

I have no clue what is doing this, or how to fix it.

Usually happens when you already have the map, but the server uses another version.
Delete it from your Garry's mod folder and the server should let you download it again.

Usually happens when you already have the map, but the server uses another version.
Delete it from your Garry's mod folder and the server should let you download it again.

ok this will show my newbie-ness. But how do I do that? (I'm on a mac)

Assuming the Steam folder structure is the same as for Windows, go to your Steam folder >steamapps>yourusername>garrysmod>garrysmod>maps and delete it(Or all maps if you want, you'll just have to redownload them)

Assuming the Steam folder structure is the same as for Windows, go to your Steam folder >steamapps>yourusername>garrysmod>garrysmod>maps and delete it(Or all maps if you want, you'll just have to redownload them)

That should help... once I actually find my steam folder... All I can find is the steam application.
I really should know this about my own computer but I've never needed to do something like this before.

I haven't played TTT in a bit (the server regulars are playing FNV) but I have prepared a few new maps for the TTT server, looking forward to playing them with a bit of people.

I stopped playing TTT myself after the server where I regularly played went to shit with internet drama and stuff like that.

I don't much want that shit when I'm playing a game.>_<

If you guys like TTT but want to play a lighter version of the base mafia game,

www.epicmafia.com

It's some good shit, but a lot of the people who play are very, very dumb. Which is good or bad.

I'm Utsuho on there.

Back