Turn off blood?

B

Bryko614

Well, I was going to get Portal off Steam along with Garry's Mod, but I really can't stand blood in video games. Don't ask why, but it's true. Is there a way to turn off the blood in Portal? And if I did, would it affect Garry's Mod, too?

Blood in Portal? A kid friendly game? Mabie I saw no blood becouse I never got shot by the turrets!

Not that I know of. You'll just have to live with it.

Well, okay. This isn't completely Portal related but can you turn it off in Gmod? I didn't feel the need to make an entirely new thread for it.

You can'r turn it off in any Source game. Just live with it.

(Well, I don't think so anyway)

Set your steam language to german, that should disable violence.

You can turn off blood in any source game. You need %gamename% low violence.gcf

There is no Gmod without blood. Blood is Gmod.

I think there's some blood that gets sprayed behind you when you get hit by a turret in Portal. I could be remembering incorrectly, though.

'OMFG Little tiny red pixels on the floor...'

Sry, but I really don't see what the problem is...

Why do you not like them, they freak you out or something

If you don't want blood, then you probably shouldn't be playing the game.

Besides, there's no bloody in Portal from what I remember.

There's blood in Portal, I left a huge, sticky, thick mess all over the walls when I missed one of the turrets.
And how can you not like blood? It's in your veins, it feeds you, sustains you. You should love blood, you should play in it, you should cuddle it, you should NOT drink it. It may carry diseases, you know.
You CAN drink your own, ofcourse.

I know people who faint at the sight of digital blood. You're better off trying to help this guy than just going "ZOMG WHY NO LIEK BLOOD LOLZ".

I believe the German versions would probably censor blood...

If you're able to turn off blood, what happens to the Zombies? Do they just walk around as if it's nothing?

Ugh, thanks for a straight answer. I'm probably getting it today, so I hope that works.

And that is really realistic in Portal isnt it...

Oviously Bryko would be using the German trick to get the low violence portal gcf which only removes the blood, not that there are gibs in Portal anyway.

Also, do you have to keep the setting to German when playing to keep blood off? If you do, are the voices in German, or is it just German subtitles or something?

Also, do you have to keep the setting to German when playing to keep blood off?

No, in a nutshell switch to German, get the low violence content gcf's, switch back to English, extract the low violence stuff into the appropriate directory and play.

I don't recall there even being blood in Portal...

Maybe the version you have doesn't have blood, but there is definitely blood in my version!

You could try to see if violence_ablood 0 or violence_hblood 0 do the trick.

Yes, there actually is blood in portal.
(there's blood in this img)
[link redacted]

No, this isn't gmod. I just got owned (on purpose) by a couple of turrets. and that blood sprays behind me onto the wall.

If you wear red sunglasses while playing, you won't be able to see the blood!

Heck, just get a pair of cheap sunglasses and spraypaint over the lenses! Bumping around in a virtual world is fun!

Try this "violence_hblood 0" If it doesn't work put "Sv_cheats 1" then try that.

I definitely remember being able to switch blood off in both L4Ds,and i don't remember the option in HL series.I don't really pay attention to the options,i just play and if something is bugging me then i look into it.

Well, I was going to get Portal off Steam along with Garry's Mod, but I really can't stand blood in video games. Don't ask why, but it's true. Is there a way to turn off the blood in Portal? And if I did, would it affect Garry's Mod, too?
There is a way to turn off blood in Gmod, hl2, Portal, or almost any other steam game. here is the link to the instructions. If you find the right file, it's easy.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/nblm

Back