Two new DNF screens

Loke

Tank
Reaction score
These are available in the XBox Live Arcade version of Duke Nukem 3D once you complete all of the achievements.

dnf1mb9.png

dnf2yz4.png

Of course, all thanks go to Duke4.net's forum member Tural for the hi-def pics.

Do want, right now.

For some reason those screens actually got me excited for DNF again..

Wow, those look pretty good. Just imagine what the DNF screenshots will look like 5 years from now after another 2 engine changes!

I'm looking forward to seeing how this game FINALLY turns out, and I think there's a good chance it'll be high quality, but why so plasticky-looking?

This game must never happen. You don't understand what's at stake.

From a technical point of view that looks pretty shitty.
But that's because they are trying to have it playable on low end machines.
Though the first screen looks nice overall, the second looks bad especially the bland background.

Wow, awesome new DNF screenshots! Reminds me of the good old 1999.

Looks fine by the way, hope they release it this time.

Have seen many cancers and no signs of cures.

Chaos Theory equivalent graphics.
Not bad, not bad.

Looks pretty awful considering it's been in development for a ****ing decade.

Looks pretty awful considering it's been in development for a ****ing decade.

Eh, not really. This version has been in development for about 4 years IIRC.

Unless you're being sarcastic.

Dont care its Duke Nukem, it can be the worst game ever but Ill probably come back here posting about how awesome it was.

Nice job with the AA and pointy edges. Reminds me of the DOOM3 engine.

Its Doom 3 with the color white added to it. Hell, they should've licensed the Doom 3 engine years ago so we could be complaining/praising Duke 4. (is Duke 4 the official name by the way?)

I expected nothing short of a revelation from this game. These screenshots disappoint. Back to the drawing board Broussard!

The 80's look gives this really a B Movie look to it. I wonder if they played around with a more modern look and didn't care for it.

I refuse to give the slightest hint of a shit about this game until I see an imminent release date.

Those screens are a bit tantalizing though :)

From a technical point of view that looks pretty shitty.
But that's because they are trying to have it playable on low end machines.
Though the first screen looks nice overall, the second looks bad especially the bland background.

They want the people who pre-ordered in '98 to still be able to play it when it comes out.

I dont even give a shit if it looks awful. I WANT IT. IT MUST RELEASE! Even if the world ends that day, so long as I get to play the first few hours of it, it will be worth it.

If i were to smear my poop on my lcd screen it would look better than these screens. I would still play it though.

If i were to smear my poop on my lcd screen it would look better than these screens. I would still play it though.

Probably because you don't have an auto-stereoscopic display. Your shit has that over DNF.

Quite Preyish and Doomish. Just another shooter, in my humble opinion.

I would like to know if you can attach laser sights or scope, alas Crysis, onto your guns

Am I the only one who noticed that the dam in the background is identical to the one in the 2001 promos screenshots?

No.DNF is a mystery of ages.
Really,I hope Duke 3.5 will be a fan game.And it will be released somewhat in 2014.
But 3D Realms...
Duke Nukem? Never.

Looks at thread and this is what I see.

Oh yeah, your a dirty whore, let me wank over you, YESSSSSSSSS! you know its true, such a dirty gurl, oh yes, let me wank over these screenshots.

Yeah, one thing that they've kept from the 1999/2001 version.

Think it's based off the Hoover Dam.

Does it mean I am an old school gamer if I prefer the 1999/2001 version?

I like shiny object as much as the next person...but those screenshots in the first post are over the top. Those octabrains look like they were buffed and polished before deciding to attack the Hoover Dam. It must be demanding to be an alien.

I think everyone prefers the 2001 Duke. :(

I wish they'd release the demo they showed to the public so we can wet our appetites.

Back