U.S. Marine arrested over rape (on Japanese girl)

soulslicer

Tank
Reaction score
http://www.iht.com/articles/reuters/2008/02/11/asia/OUKWD-UK-JAPAN-OKINAWA-RAPE.php

A U.S. Marine was arrested on suspicion of raping a 14-year-old Japanese girl on the southern island of Okinawa, police said on Monday, triggering anger from an area where the U.S. military presence is widely resented.

A spokesman for the Okinawa Prefecture police said 38-year-old Tyrone Hadnott, based at Camp Courtney on the island, was suspected of raping the schoolgirl when the two were in a car on Sunday. Further details were under investigation, he added.

Yes, I know nothing fantastic in terms of news, but what really matters is how it will politically affect Japan and USA ties though. And I do keep hearing stories about this all the time, of US Marines assaulting the people of the country they are holding a base in or invaded.

The incident comes as Japan's government tries to persuade Okinawa residents to accept a plan to relocate the U.S. Marine Corps Futenma Air Station from the densely populated central Okinawa city of Ginowan to the coastal city of Nago.

The Futenma move, agreed on by Tokyo and Washington in 2006, is a linchpin of a broader accord to rejig U.S. troops in Japan and is a prerequisite for moving some 8,000 Marines from Okinawa to Guam.

It's not rape if the girl's Japanese.

RAPE IS NOT FUNNY!

(the joke was though)

It's not rape if he does a barrel roll in her pooper.

Edit - Now imagine this, but like 3 posts that way ^

Can you blame him?

The wealth of lolirape media in that country had to have broken him at some point.

It's not rape if he does a barrel roll in her pooper.

Edit - Now imagine this, but like 3 posts that way ^

You're too late. I already fell off my chair.

I didn't laugh at Eejit's post, but I did at Sulk's.

You all have proven to me that halflife2.net is a caring and thoughtful community. :)

It's not rape if the girl's Japanese.

Damn you. You made me laugh and then feel bad. :p

We had a US Forces Korea (US 8th Army) private rape a 65 year old women a few years ago here. Guilty - sentenced to 7 years, iirc.

And there was the time when a ran over 2 schoolgirls with an APC.... Not guilty, due to the fact that they couldn't see shit with a broken moniter. But one wonders why they had the shield down.

I like the Japanese :'( They're one of hte only other countries advancing technology close tothe rate we are and they have awesome entertainment (a bit weird, but awesome!) Our men in uniform shouldn't **** things up for us!

Japan is still a lolicon's haven though. 12 years is the age of consent.

Japan is still a lolicon's haven though. 12 years is the age of consent.

Wikipedia said:
The National age of consent in Japan is 13, regardless of sexual orientation and/or gender, as specified by the Japanese Penal Code Articles 176 and 177. However, most prefectures have ordinances that prohibit "immoral sexual acts" with minors. The phrase "Immoral sexual acts" is not strictly defined. It is mainly used to prevent minors from engaging in quasi prostitution (e.g. Enjo kōsai). It is unclear if the translated term "minors" refers to children (defined as those aged under 18) or to those who have not reached maturity (defined as those under 20). Also, some prefectures have a higher age of consent for same-gender relation conduct, which is not consistant with the National legislation.[citation needed]

* Sexual Offenses Laws of Japan (the website of Interpol)
* The database of Laws and Ordinances by the Ministry of Internal Affairs

So basically, nationally, legal age of consent is 13, but most prefuctures have laws which override that.

Still an odd country though.

normal_rape_hello.jpg

Back