Ubisoft Announces Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Shyam

Reaction score
Ubisoft announces the next iteration in the Ghost Recon series, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier destined for the holidays in 2010 holidays.

Ubisoft’s announced Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.It’s being made at the company’s French studios in Paris.It’ll be released during the Holiday season, with a public multiplayer beta due in summer for anybody who buys Splinter Cell: Conviction for Xbox 360.

First of all why they didn't name it G.R.A.W 3 ? Future soldier sounds kind of.... lame.

And second of all, was that Ubisoft's big announcement ?

http://www.vg247.com/2010/02/09/ubisoft-announces-ghost-recon-future-soldier/

If they make it more like the original Ghost Recon, I just might have to get it.

Title's kind of lame, but I enjoyed Advanced Warfighter quite a bit (the first one), and that was starting to be all about the future tech. Wait-and-see if it's any good, but I hope they don't give it the same HARDXCORE treatment as Conviction.

If anyone was wondering, the Paris studio are the guys behind GRAW 1/2, Red Steel and XIII among others. Not the same studio as Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed, etc.

Crippling DRM? Are all their games going to have their new DRM?

Hmm. I really liked XIII and GRAW1. Then again I find that any time an Ubi game is developed by any studio that's not Ubisoft Montreal, I end up disappointed.

If they make it more like the original Ghost Recon

lolololol

I'd enjoy a next-gen version of the old Tom Clancy style games, but that'll never happen. Tom Clancy games are too deep in the "average next-gen shooter" bin to change now.

Long as they keep it like GRAW which is a nice average next-gen shooter(you can't take fifty billion shots, cover is important!), and don't screw it up too much, I'll be looking forward to the beta.

The original Ghost Recon was hard as balls, I doubt it would sell nowadays. Too inaccessible.

GRAW 1 and 2 sucked balls. Only way I'd play this is if they did what Stigmata said, and take it back to its hardcore roots.

GRAW 1 and 2 sucked balls. Only way I'd play this is if they did what Stigmata said, and take it back to its hardcore roots.

But Krynn, I need 25 trucks and tanks exploding for no reason. And taking it really slow like and careful ? I need to go in there and go rambo, even though the game is supposed to be a realistic shooter.

/sarcasm

Every modern FPS is all about the "next-gen" soldier. And what have we gotten?

****ing laser sights.

I want a biotic forcefield and an omni tool.

Edit - Ooh cloaking, whoopydee****ingdoo.

I loved GRAW1 but the 2nd felt unfinished. they need to polish the game before i'll make a decision

Every modern FPS is all about the "next-gen" soldier. And what have we gotten?

****ing laser sights.

I want a biotic forcefield and an omni tool.

Edit - Ooh cloaking, whoopydee****ingdoo.

1. Complain about WW2 shooters.
2. Complain about modern shooters.
3. ???
4. YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES.

isnt graw the future soldier game?whit the possible future technologies and stuff?

or this is more into the future or what?

so the next games will be more and more into the future getting tot he point whre they use giant mechas and things like that?

and people complain about metal gear....

"awsome dude! look how that marine jump into that giant humanoid mecha! anime sucks dude!!!1"

This. Oh so very this.

Got GRAW 1 for 5 bucks. Played it for 10 minutes and haven't touched it since.

Ghost_Recon_2_Ps2.jpg

Wait... Lorne? What the **** are you doing in Ghost Recon, aint you dead? :(

lorne.jpg

Oh how I miss the games like Sum of all Fears (the game) and the original Ghost Recon, I would play that for hours. Now Ubisoft makes average shootan.

Back