UBISOFT to Expand Their Games Catalog on Steam

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
<div align="center">
1207075058_ubisoft_logo.jpg
</div>[br]
Valve and Ubisoft, today announced an agreement to bring more than 40 Ubisoft games, including Assassin's Creed, the Tom Clancy series, the Heroes of Might &amp; Magic® series, the IL-2 Sturmovik collection, Far Cry, and much more. Digital packs of many of these franchises will also be made available in the coming weeks to customers in Canada and the United States.

"Ubisoft will be delivering the largest library of titles available from any single publisher or developer to Steam," said Jason Holtman, director of business development at Valve. "The incredible selection of high quality games from Ubisoft expands the range of genres offered to the millions of PC gamers logging on to Steam every day."
"Ubisoft is excited to be able to offer Steam customers the ability to purchase our upcoming PC releases of Assassin's Creed and more,"

Assassin's Creed is now available for pre-order, here.

Please tell me this is not a cruel ****ing April Fool's joke. :(

This subscription is not available in your country.

Racist.

No Assassin's Creed in the UK by the looks of it... :(

Ok, so it's fact. And for everyone, it looks to be UbiSoft's catalog is US only. So a sorta April Fool's for you non-US residents.

I plan on getting Far Cry, just so I can try it again *I hated it the first time I played it when it first came out, never touched it again...*

Maybe I will like it nao. *remembers the Trigens.* Oh ****.

Sweet, Assassin's Creed looks cool, and I haven't played Far Cry or Heroes of Might and Magic in a long time :D

When will it be available to the UK?

This sucks, I don't get why they restrict the market?

Great news, I had my fingers crossed so tightly this would happen and as if by magic...

So awesome. It's great to see another big company on Steam. I guess RRR3 will be a Steamworks exclusive or something? :D

I was very interested in Assassin's Creed, but since it won't run on x64 XP or Vista, no money from me.

Quite interesting deal here although I am disappointed that only splinter cell 1 is available and B is only available in the US ;(

I swear I will move to the US even if it's just for the better game deals :flame:

I was very interested in Assassin's Creed, but since it won't run on x64 XP or Vista, no money from me.

It runs on Vista, i tried the Beta and it works well. It crashes a bit but i don't think it's Vistas fault.

I'm assuming this is going to include Vegas 2 as well? If so, score!

Neat! Wonder what the 40 games are.

Minimum:

Supported OS: Windows? XP/Windows Vista? (only)
Processor: Dual core processor 2.6 GHz Intel? Pentium? D or AMD Athlon? 64 X2 3800+ (Intel Core? 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or better recommended)

System Memory: Windows XP: 1 GB RAM / Windows Vista: 2 GB RAM

Bold is disturbing. Dual core is minimum too.

Yes i never had the chance to play Splinter Cell.... oh wait i don't live in America, well thanks for nothing Ubisoft. Thats really nice a French company and they won't sell games in their own country or the rest of the world.

steamy hot package.

lol

I don't even like ubisoft games. sneaking around in the dark is for perverts.

I'm just here for the rape.

If you are stupid/homosexual/whatever would offend you most, then don't sell your games outside NA. Go.

let's face it: publishers think that 1) the internet only exists in northern america and 2) they can get more money if they offer it to a smaller audience.

I really don't understand why publishers would restrict thier games. I mean, it makes sense that it takes money to do a large scale retailer release, but I image they only have to pay for servers and stuff like that with this. Why limit cash flow? Well, anyone with a few brain cells can figure out why, but goddamn this is stupid.

Back