Uggg Ugg Uggggg Ug Uggg Ugg Uggg I Can't Breath!

Jackal hit said:
oh my GOD this is from an old thread months ago :p it's still interesting though... btw... nice avatar zeus

gracias

Guys, tone down the empathy, okay? You think if she seriously hurt herself this video would even be on the internet? Yes, yes it would. And that is why, on this day, the sabbath...

UH OOOOOOOOOOOOOH.

IchI said:
My god there are some people who really need to get a sense of humor in this thread. You mentioned something about having your foot run over and it not been funny. Well I don't know about you but if I got my foot fan over and I fell on the floor going UGGGGG UGGG UGG UGGGG UGGGG UGG UGGG OOWW THE PAIN UUGG UGG UGGGGG UGGGGGGG UGGG then I can bet about 98% of the people would find it amusing. You must look at life so seriously and in a way its kind of pathetic. I supose at the end of the day you lead your life how you wish. But generally I don't understand why you would think so seriously.

Don't accuse people of not having a sense of humour just because they don't find a particular thing funny. You could use the same argument for racist or sexist jokes.

I do have a sense of humour, and that clip wasn't funny in any way. Can someone please explain why they found it funny? She just tripped and hurt herself. If she did something stupid then I would understand.

If someone was stabbed in the stomach and fell over in pain, you wouldn't laugh at their "comedy reaction". Why would a perfectly-normal reaction to being winded be funny? It's about as funny as someone knocking over a glass of water. Nothing special happens in this clip.

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!! That was fricken hilarious and that had to be the fakest cry of pain I have ever heard.

Feath said:
If someone was stabbed in the stomach and fell over in pain, you wouldn't laugh at their "comedy reaction". Why would a perfectly-normal reaction to being winded be funny? It's about as funny as someone knocking over a glass of water. Nothing special happens in this clip.

My list of reasons as to why the clip is funny:

1. It just is.

Might as well ask why people still laugh when somebody cuts a fart in a silent room, or why it's amusing to see somebody walk into pole.

Personally, I thought the video was funny because it's something that's not supposed to happen live on television. The reactions of the people at the end made it all the more entertaining.

ya, even a bleeding heart liberal such as myself thinks it's funny ..I think she broke her nose btw ..which isnt funny in itself ..her "ugh ugh ugh" was funny and disturbing at the same time

babyheadcrab said:
Downright halarious, seen it many times, :D she sqeals like a piggy.

Haha, sick. I love it :bounce:

CptStern said:
ya, even a bleeding heart liberal such as myself thinks it's funny ..I think she broke her nose btw ..which isnt funny in itself ..her "ugh ugh ugh" was funny and disturbing at the same time

This wasn't funny!!! You guys are SO MEAN for laughing at this lady!!!

no I'm jk it was extremely hilarious

I think its her inability to cope mentally with the consequences of her own lack of coordination that makes it funny.
I mean, she did it to herself, but does she suck it up? HEELLLLLL NO!
Instead, she whines/moans, on broadcast television no less. And sure she may have hurt herself, but clearly it was not severe.

Totally unprofessional. Pathetic, really.

She reminds me of my sister. That is so like my sister.

Heh, its bad enough to laugh and point fingers. But now to attack her credibility and professionalism?

Raziaar said:
Heh, its bad enough to laugh and point fingers. But now to attack her credibility and professionalism?
Whos attacking credibility?

The noise she was making is not of someone in unbareable pain, it is of someone in shock.
Ergo, it was simply not a 'nessisary' noise.
I mean, I can understand the first second or so. But after that, she really should have pulled it together.

And yes, as a broadcast journalist, that was incredibly unprofesional. She totally lost her composure.

Have you ever seen a celebrity slip and fall on tv? I have, and what do they do? They pull themselves up as quickly as they can, smile, and wave. Short of that, they SUCK IT UP. TV personalitys dont do well for pity or sympathy. If Katie Couric fell down, you better believe she wouldnt be going 'ugh ugh ugh!' because shed have the self awareness and preservation of forethought to retain composure.

f|uke said:

The noise she was making is not of someone in unbareable pain, it is of someone in shock.
I mean, I can understand the first second or so. But after that, she really should have pulled it together.

And yes, as a broadcast journalist, that was incredibly unprofesional. She totally lost her composure.

Have you ever seen a celebrity slip and fall on tv? I have, and what do they do? They pull themselves up as quickly as they can, smile, and wave. Short of that, they SUCK IT UP. TV personalitys dont do well for pity or sympathy. If Katie Couric fell down, you better believe she wouldnt be going 'ugh ugh ugh!' because shed have the self awareness and preservation of forethought to retain composure.

Quoted for truth. You dont have to sound like a giraffe having an orgasm just beacause you fall over, and honestly she knew she was going to fall and didn't do shit about it except yell STOP STOP, this lady rushed her report and you could hardly hear her, she wasen't professional and she managed to make herself look pretty stupid.

f|uke said:

There's a difference between falling down, and getting the wind knocked from your body that cause the first of many breaths to follow incredibly pained and difficult. I've been punched in the stomach incredibly hard before, and got the wind knocked out of me, creating a loud sucking breathing sound as I struggled to catch my breath. She experienced the same thing, albeit with quite a bit more extra bits of noise. Its a natural human response, and much if it is a physical thing that she couldn't control much.

On an aside note. In regards to the topic name. Its kind of funny when I remember back on the times I wrestled with my uncle. We'd be wrestling, and he'd be squeezing me in some sort of gripper hold, and i'd cry out(being quite young), "I can't breathe, I can't breathe!"

And his only response was, "You're still talking aren't ya?!" and proceeded to continue. Heh. He had a point.

oh......my.....god

That was the funniest thing I have ever seen in my entire life.

I laughed so hard I can't laugh anymore.

babyheadcrab said:
You dont have to sound like a giraffe having an orgasm just beacause you fall over

AHAHAHAHAHAHA :LOL:

Seriously though, this woman deverses our respect and admiration for giving us so many quality minutes of entertainment.

TheUnkillableDot said:
I laughed so hard I can't laugh anymore.

Laugh so hard you couldn't breathe?

UGG UGG :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

What the hell, she kind of launch herself out of that bucket thingy

Raziaar said:
No wonder why so many people enjoyed the 9/11 attack and the bombing victims in Iraq, among many other things! :)

Are you comparing somebody falling a meter to the death of 5000 people?

azz0r said:
Are you comparing somebody falling a meter to the death of 5000 people?

For the last time, no. Someone had said that the suffering of others is the best form of entertainment there is, and i'm pointing out that there are people in the world who actually celebrated(and on these very forums, laughed) at those things. It just disturbs me.

The noises she was making were not controllable by her, imagine getting punch in the stomach by the biggest guy you know and see if you can control your breathing and the noises you make, whilst everyone else laughs hysterically at you for being such a twat for making the noises.

I have got punched in the stomach several times (never learned not to wrestle boys :p) but I recall you cant usually get any sound out of you when that happens.
Well, this clip didnt really make me howl with laughter. I think she overdid the bit after she fell. I thought she was going on for a shock or something. :|
Some just can´t take as much pain as others, and she probably wasnt that fit either to handle a fell like that.

Raziaar said:
For the last time, no. Someone had said that the suffering of others is the best form of entertainment there is, and i'm pointing out that there are people in the world who actually celebrated(and on these very forums, laughed) at those things. It just disturbs me.

Easy, buddy. I have no doubt that many Americans laughed at the statue of Saddam being torn down, or had a vindictive surge of pleasure as they saw the mutilated bodies of his two brothers splashed all over the newspapers. I'm not condoning laughing at events like these, far from it, but you need to get off your moral high horse and have a sense of perspective. If your family was obliterated by a US-made helicopter in Pakistan, courtesy of their Isrealian funding, how would you feel when one of their most prominent landmarks came down?

Again, I'm not saying that everyone who laughed at stuff like that had a moral reason, but bear in mind that there are other angles to situations like this that you, as an intelligent person, should take into account.

expected her to fall all along (i watch WAY too many violent and cruel sketches!)...

her falling wasnt funny. it was those presenters in the studio trying really hard not to burst out laughing on camera :LOL:

Back