UK/Great Britain/England/wtf?

I thought i had made much progress with Dekky in making Wales stand out from England here!

D:

I thought i had made much progress with Dekky in making Wales stand out from England here!

D:
We need more sheep innuendos and blatant in-jokes.
Rydw i'n hoffi coffi, LOL!

So...

I am confused.

Call me ignorant, or whatever, but...
How is Wales seperate from britain? Isn't your prince called the "Prince of Wales"? how does that work?

lol at the people who want everything renamed 'for convenience'.. you'd be upturning years of bitchy colonial history and there'd be riots :p

... Dw i'n cytuno...

*can't remember Welsh anymore*

Now what the hell does that mean! :O

So...

I am confused.

How is Wales seperate from britain? Isn't your prince called the "Prince of Wales"? how does that work?

Wales is a Principality really, but may as well just call us another country like Scotland/N.Ireland

We are part of Britain, but not part of England!

Wales is its own place!

Scotland are still essentially England's bitch though. Note the movie Braveheart trying to free Scotland. We do have our own parliament though.

So...

I am confused.

Basically, as an English person. we're superior to Welsh and Scottish people as we own their country.
Welsh people have to kiss our feet as we walk past them.

True story.

Basically, as an English person. we're superior to Welsh and Scottish people as we own their country.
Welsh people have to kiss our feet as we walk past them.

True story.

*cuts Solaris' feet off*

True story =D

I automatically hate all Americans that say that Wales is in England.
Makes me feel like burning things.

lol, isn't that what they do there every 3 years anyway? There's always some catholic or protestant group burning stuff it seems.
While we're on this subject, I propose that we throw away all these separate state names like California, Nebraska, New York, etc... There's what, 50 of them! Just name them all America.

Those are sub-regions of the US, but not individual countries. I think the confusion is that GB, UK, and England always seem to refer to the same thing....one thing I'm suprised about is that they never explained the politics of that in any History ("Socail Studies" as it's retarded called) class I took.
Iceland is ice.

Greenland is green.
Isn't it the other way around?

Iceland is more green, while Greenland is more icy?

England + Scotland + Wales = Great Britain (as in the big island)

Great Britain + Northern Ireland + other small islands floating about = United Kingdom (as in the country)

Greenland is the big icy island where hardly anyone lives. Iceland is a smaller, less icy, but still friggin cold island NW of England

No idea. False advertising if it is though.

How don't know you know?

I admit in school we generally don't learn much about Greenland, but if you've ever used an Atlas in your life you'd notice Greenland is one big glacier.

And note that if Greenland were to ever melt, hello rising sea level :O (as opposed to the Northern ice caps which won't do anything to our sea levels)

Back