Universal Union - HL2 Machinima

Flap-Jack

Reaction score
Hey all,

Universal Union is a machinima series that uses the Source engine and takes place in the time-span between Half-Life 1 and Half-Life 2. It covers the Seven Hour War, the Combine's rise to power, and a few original story arcs. The series focuses mainly around original characters created for the series. I did not want to use characters such as Barney, Kleiner, etc. due to a number of reasons...mainly that I can't have the original actors do voice overs!

Characters
Jake:
Jake is the main character of the series. Prior to and during the Seven Hour War he was a sergeant in the military.

Amy:
Amy is a civilian that Jake helped save and is also Jake's girlfriend.

Lopez: (Filled)
Lopez is Jake's best friend and was his second in command in their unit.

Our Vortigaunt Friend:
One of the first Vortigaunts to make contact with humans, he now travels with Jake, Amy, and Lopez.

John:
John was the President's advisor before being brainwashed and transformed into a Combine Elite soldier. He now serves as Dr. Breen's right-hand man and does most of his dirty work.

Dr. Breen
Dr. Breen from Half-Life 2 has a small role and appears every now and then.

Episode List
101 – “Unforeseen Consequences”
102 - “6:00 A.M.”
103 - “7:00 A.M.”
104 - “8:00 A.M.”
105 - “9:00 A.M.”
106 - “10:00 A.M.”
107 - “11:00 A.M.”
108 - “Our Darkest Hour”
109 - “The Twelve Tribes, Part I”
110 - “The Twelve Tribes, Part II”
111 - “The Twelve Tribes, Part III”
112 - “The Twelve Tribes, Part IV”
113 - “The Twelve Tribes, Part V”
114 - “The Twelve Tribes, Part VI”
115 - “Citadel”
116 - “Outskirts”
117 - “Overwatch”
118 - “Transitions”
119 - “Prophecy”
120 - “Rebellion”
121 - “And So it Begins...”

General Information
I've went ahead and moved some things into the “fan fiction” realm. The Twelve Tribes and Prophecy episodes are really the only ones that deviate from the Half-Life storyline. However, they still stay within the realms of the Half-Life storyline and they do fit in well.

The Twelve Tribes is a completely original story arc based around the Vortigaunts and their history. Prophecy is a tie-in to the movie Seven Hour War, which I made earlier in the year. You can find Seven Hour War on my personal site, listed below.

At the bottom of the post you'll see that I've attached a link to a download of the script for the first episode. It's the “pilot” to the series. I'm still in the process of writing, but I have more than half of the scripts completed. I can send synopsis for all twenty-one episodes, or I can post them here if people want. I left them out of this post simply to save some space.

Help Needed
This series will be of epic proportions. I hope to release once a week with episodes ranging from 10-15 minutes apiece. I'll need help in the following areas:

Faceposing
Custom animation (mainly characters)
Texturing/skinning
Modeling
Mapping

If you would like to help with the project, please reply to the post with some information about yourself and your contact information. I don't really have a lot of, if any requirements to help on the series. The only thing I would require is a mature and positive attitude and no slacking. I'm not a slave driver and I certainly understand if you don't have time, especially since I'm often quite busy myself. You may contact me via email, instant messenger or private message. Contact info will be listed below.

About Me
My name is Tommy. I'm a film maker and musician. I was nominated for a Mackie in this year's machinima awards in the category of Best Student Work for my machinima film Seven Hour War. Seven Hour War is mentioned in the series. You can find my personal site at www.tommykraft.com
My contact details are:

Email – [email protected]
MSN – [email protected]
AIM – piealpha6792351
YIM – piealpha6792351

Episode 1 Script
If you have any questions feel free to ask :)

I like your story ideas, they sound great,

however, sadly, I cant be of any help; I know nothing about computers
-sorry.

still, keep this up, sounds like it's gonna be a great success.

1 question though: will there be any Gman apperances?

Yes there will be at least one G-Man appearance. But, I refuse to use him a lot because I can't have the voice actor (the voice makes the G-Man!) and he's so important to the HL storyline, I don't want to screw anything up.

Resonancecasket, I'll get in touch with you if you would like to help.

I have knowledge about computers, but i don't know anything about

Faceposing
Custom animation (mainly characters)
Texturing/skinning
Modeling
Mapping.

Back