Unreal Tournament 3 - Free Weekend Coming

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
Unreal Tournament 3 will be free this weekend according to this Valve marketing page.[br]<div align="center">
</div></br></br>You will be able to play the full game for weekend for absolutely nothing, what is great is that the game is getting a major update later today which will see loads of new gameplay modes, maps and characters as well as 57 Steam Achievements. This is gonna rock.

Fckin sweet! I havent tried this...**** yes it looks like this is going to be something regular from now on!:naughty:

this is so ****ing great!
I CANT WAIT TILL I GET HOME!

****ing awesome, I already own the game but the new update sounds so god damn awesome.
Looks like Epic finally got the message.

3,1 days left, and game is 8 GB. There's no way I'm downloading it.

This is a game I considered on buying.
I can try it out now :D

I bought the entire Unreal Pack...and...I was so sad. I may give this a romp, but I'm 99.9% sure I'll still hate the game.

for $11.99 you guys can't go wrong. I'll probably buy this after I try it out. I had the game on the PS3 but it was virtually silent because no one used their mics or they weren't working. also on the ps3 rooms were never full but with steam i bet its much better

I was thinking of buying it but i hear the Steam version has FPS issues.

I'm updating it and it was going 20 kb/s for like 1-2 hrs and now its at 2 mb/s, ****in finally.

It says Steam - Error, servers aren't availible at this moment?

Does this mean I'm finally going to get to play against HUMAN opponents online??? D:

(bought it when it came out, played the single-player, watched as the populated MP server count went down to, like, 2)

i was downloading all night and all i got to was 94% complete! sheesh, can't wait to replay this game though.....the ps3 version sucked

i was downloading all night and all i got to was 94% complete! sheesh, can't wait to replay this game though.....the ps3 version sucked

Lol @ lack of mouse&keyboard

Just wish there wasn't a giant friggin' Scout update for TF2 happening at the same time ... been wishing I had people to play against here for a long time.

Free weekends, always when I have work to do!

I'll try this out for a little bit.

They should extend the free weekends on games bigger than 4 gigs, not everyone has a blazing fast connection and can download 9+gb over a weekend.

They should have preloads for big games like this. I've been downloading this since yesterday morning, and it's only at 44%. Probably won't be ready till Sunday. What a ****ing joke.

Still downloading this. Been doing it since the free weekend started. This is terrible.

Just finished downloading and am now getting error messages.

brb mass murder

I have been trying to DL this ever since the beginning of the weekend, and it is still giving me errors and wants me to try again in a few minutes.

Epic fail.

I even had the game ready in anticipation for this. Meanwhile it seems that the expansion is taking forever to download. It's now Sunday and I don't have it yet. Very disappointed and I hope they offer a "free week" instead seeing as otherwise I still won't have anyone to play against :(

Oh man, I'm such a sucker. I spent the entire weekend downloading UT3 (servers were really slow for some reason) and then finally on sunday I had so much rl stuff to do that I only got to play the game for an hour. At least for the first 5 maps or so the game felt like just your regular/solid twitch shooter, nothing more, nothing less. But since I had already spent ages downloading the game and because the game felt (at least) average, I started to feel like I don't wanna throw all those gigs of data away, so I bought the game. Stupid me. :D

Having already spent ages downloading something + cheap price = purchase. Damn you Valve and Epic for tricking me into this!

Well this is a game I'm definitely not going to buy.

gg free weekend

Pissed that you missed out on the FREE UT3 Weekend on Steam last weekend? The huge demand left hundreds, if not thousands, of wannabe UT3 players a little less than happy about their initial UT3 experience.

Epic is responding in force with an ENCORE to last weekend, this coming weekend. Not only that, but you can pre-load the game all this week. So why not get it started and leave it running all week? :) Then you'll be primed and ready to join us for FragBU this weekend!

See you in-game!
You guys got your wish, another weekend with a week of preload
http://beyondunreal.com/view_story.php?id=12577

I just played some of the new gamemode Betrayal, it's pretty fun.

Does the steam version come with the editor as well?

You guys got your wish, another weekend with a week of preload
http://beyondunreal.com/view_story.php?id=12577

I just played some of the new gamemode Betrayal, it's pretty fun.

w00t! :) Titan mode FTW. Nothing beats becoming a giant uber rocket-spewing giant who can gib people just by pounding the ground, then laughing maniacally as you grow even bigger once you rack up more kills, then finally dying only to go out in a blaze of redeemer explosion glory!!!

Also, spider mines are among the most gruesome video game weapons to be killed by ... they drill-f*ck your FACE!!! D:

It wouldn't pre-load for me last weekend so, good that they're doing it again :)

Ok so now that is has been out for a little while now, is it worth picking up? Is there a good sized online community? price seems fair enough.

Back