Upcoming Pc games for 2012

1325692296249.jpg

I made sure CS:GO & stacking got on that list (True fact). ;)

Meh, there is really nothing I am hyped up for. Only things I might consider purchasing are Far Cry 3 (after reviews) and maybe DOTA 2 (tbh I don't know anything about this game),

Only game I'm remotely excited for is Planetside 2. But 2011 was the best year for games in recent memory, maybe ever

I am pumped for Mario Party 9. Gotta get my Star on!

Metro Last Light for Wii, hell yeah!
I'm looking forward to Dishonered, and Dead State.

Really excited for X-Rebirth.

Kinda excited for Mass Effect 3, Overgrowth, Borderlands 2, and a few others.

New XCOM receives all of my hate.

Guild Wars 2 is at the top of my list.

Also looking forward to Max Payne 3, Tomb Raider and Borderlands 2.

I'm hoping Dead State and I Am Alive don't turn out crap.

Metro Last Light I've already preordered, so yea I'm hyped for it.

Looking forward to the next Hitman, Borderlands 2, FarCry 3, I Am Alive.

To a lesser extent, Spec Ops: The Line (might be my annual generic army shooty man game for the year) and Bioshock Infinite.

EDIT: Totally didn't realize there was a new Fable coming. That's now second most hyped game for the year.

After reading the article on it, Dishonored has jumped to the top of my most anticipated list.

Other games I'm looking forward to: Far Cry 3, Max Payne 3, Bioshock Infinite, Mass Effect 3, Hitman, Prey 2

As a massive Bioshock fan, I'm incredibly hyped for Infinite. Especially as it's developed by Irrational Games. They're as awesome as Valve. And Ken Levine is a genius.

Edit: The pic says that it's for Wii U. It's not.

I really want Hawken and Crusader Knights 2. Yes, viper is hyped for a game for once.

Put your positive comments on BioShock: Infinite in spoilers so Barnz isn't provoked.

Looking forward to BioShock: Infinite.

GuildWars 2 is my number one game for next year. I'm also looking forward to Mass Effect 3 and Torchlight 2. (Oh, and Heart of the Swarm)

Tentatively interested in a lot of those games, but I'm really hopeful about Far Cry 3, Mass Effect 3, Guild Wars 2, Torchlight 2, Arma 3 and Diablo 3 (wow all sequels, what a whore I've become). Also Kingdoms of Amalur piqued my interest with this video (cocky, hyperbolic developer speak aside).

EDIT: Totally didn't realize there was a new Fable coming. That's now second most hyped game for the year.

Fable 4: You Can Do More (But Less) [Actually, just follow the linear plotline, thanks]

Definite buys include ARMAIII and ME3. Everything else is eh. I'm sure I'll buy some of them, but I can only hope that they'll surprise me as to how good they are. I am slightly excited to see what exactly is going on with Dead State, since it has some of the old Troika (company that made Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines) devs working on.

EDIT: Actually, upon further inspection of the RPS list, I'd forgotten about the new Tomb Raider game, and Theaf, err, The4f, and War of Roses sounds like it might be interesting. King Arthur II could be good too, but they'd have to make some pretty significant changes for me to buy at normal price.

Really looking forward to ARMA III. I want to wait until just before it releases before I buy a new PC. Because, while it would be nice to have a new PC right now, it's not absolutely necessary, and I want to get the biggest bang for my buck so waiting until I absolutely need it (for arma 3) will get me the most price drops.

I'm going to buy me a new PC once I get settled in in the Air Force, so I'll play with you guys. Arma was fun for what we did play.. very little. And my PC as-is is getting a little outdated.

Metro Last Light I've already preordered, so yea I'm hyped for it.

Looking forward to the next Hitman, Borderlands 2, FarCry 3, I Am Alive.

To a lesser extent, Spec Ops: The Line (might be my annual generic army shooty man game for the year) and Bioshock Infinite.

Quoted for emphasis, except for the new Fable, not sure I'll get that, and I thought it was Kinect only either way?

To expand upon that list: NEXUS 2, Dead State, Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor, Monaco, Max Payne 3, Prey 2, Bioshock: Infinite, Arma 3 (Still not sure if I'll get, since I mostly just do single-player in the ARMA titles), MechWarrior: Online, Shadowrun: Online, Jagged Alliance: Online, Cartel, Crusader Kings 2, GTA V, Syndicate, Prison Architect.

Quoted for emphasis, except for the new Fable, not sure I'll get that, and I thought it was Kinect only either way?

If that's true then oh well, could always replay Fable 3. Either way there are a lot more games coming out this year that I'm interested in then there were the past several years.

Wow. There's a change that by the time Christmas rolls around this year I might have a real income and would actually be able to buy this stuff. Scary.

I'm not really excited for any. I tentatively want Max Payne 3, Borderlands 2, Bioshock Infinite, and Diablo 3, but I also kind of expect most/all of them to suck.

Arma 3 (Still not sure if I'll get, since I mostly just do single-player in the ARMA titles)

Well hey, ArmA 3 is going to be the strongest SP of the series yet, according to BIS.

I can't help but be excited for GTA5 mostly. Even though all we've seen is a trailer.

Oh, and Hitman Absolution if only the beginning of the game is built around this "SO CINEMATIC AAAA+" thing and the rest of the game will be a proper Hitman game.

Well hey, ArmA 3 is going to be the strongest SP of the series yet, according to BIS.

In that case I'll probably pick it up, assuming it runs decently on my PC but I see no reason why not so long as I restrict my settings a bit.

In that case I'll probably pick it up, assuming it runs decently on my PC
Kind of unlikely, given BIS's track record. No PC in the world can run Arma 2 at 1920 at max detail (let alone 8x MSAA) without hiccups as it is. I'm hoping that for BIS's sake, Arma 3 will be the Crysis of 2012-2015, and all the rich tech enthusiasts will spend their money trying to run it at 60 fps and 5k view distance, giving it a lot of media attention.

"Gamers, Children, Autists Flock To High-Tech Murder Simulator - Is Your Family Safe From The Violent Effects Of DirectX 11?"

Kind of unlikely, given BIS's track record. No PC in the world can run Arma 2 at 1920 at max detail (let alone 8x MSAA) without hiccups as it is. I'm hoping that for BIS's sake, Arma 3 will be the Crysis of 2012-2015, and all the rich tech enthusiasts will spend their money trying to run it at 60 fps and 5k view distance, giving it a lot of media attention.

I'll be pissed if my GTX 580 and 3.4GHz quad-core doesn't let me run Arma 3 at at least Normal settings with a stable 30+ FPS.

I do not have any kind of demand to run it maxed, Normal settings with a stable 30 or higher is fine for me, don't need any MSAA, I just played a game in 320x240 without any AA and texture filtering (MGS1 PSX) so I can handle some jaggies.

Back