Upgrading

who

Reaction score
Has anybody upgraded from the cd retail version of hl2 bronze to the silver version?
when i try it says it will cost 55 dollars + vat.(thats after ive entered my credit details)

it should only cost me 10+ vat as i have already purchased hl2.
i dont want speculation like in ohter post where people have said things like;

"isnt it obvious it costs the difference between the two" ie 10.00 + vat . i have a feeling these people own the silver or gold and have never tried to update.

please can someone from valve or wherever tell me how to upgrade please please please.

who said:
Has anybody upgraded from the cd retail version of hl2 bronze to the silver version?
when i try it says it will cost 55 dollars + vat.(thats after ive entered my credit details)

it should only cost me 10+ vat as i have already purchased hl2.
i dont want speculation like in ohter post where people have said things like;

You cannot upgrade hl2 retail to hl2 steam version.

is that a case of i will never be able 2..
so i cant buy hl source
and i wont be able to get dod source?
why didnt steam warn people?.. not that i had a choice bcos the game was bought as a present for me
i think im going to cry

You will be able to buy those games in the store when they come out I believe and/or on steam.

Just wait and see before we all get angry at valve because we didnt read the details of what we were purchasing. :)

I thought DoD: S was going to be a separate product?
HL: S apparently isn't very good, and besides, there's a full over-haul mod being done that will probably be free. Sounds much better to me.

i just cant believe that they have been so short sighted
giving people the chance to update over the net from bronze to silver/gold could be making them more money
i wasnt warned that i wouldnt be able to update
theres no warning on the package
total lack of information

and i still want hl:s but i cant get it :(

who said:
giving people the chance to update over the net from bronze to silver/gold could be making them more money

Not really...

everyone like me who bought it in the store and want s to update cant
thats bad marketing

Why did you buy it in stores it clearly says all over the web that the retail version is the same as the bronze package it even says nothing about Half life source or day of defeat source on the back of the box. Never fear though day od defeat will be released as a stand alone game and half life source might be able to be purchased later. If not sell your copy to someone and buy the game online.

i didnt buy it it, was a present from my mum. what am i supposed to do?
my gran had a stroke on christmas day.. u reckon i shud have started whingin bout hl2?
and whod would buy a copy of hl2 retail now?
:(
i hope ur right about the purchase options i only wanted hl2 for dod source

I believe they announced you will be able to upgrade your steam package for $10 later on.

can u post that link to alieviate my concerns plz dude?
---------
YES!!

who said:
thats bad marketing

No, actually I am going to be buying DoD:S once its released to everyone on steam. I have 2 accounts one with retail and one with bronze. I am not "everyone" like you. BTW, waste of money for HL:S you can play HL.

who said:
thats bad marketing

No, it's VALVe not wanting to step on VUG's toes even more...

Back