User Stickies.

Dog--

The Freeman
Reaction score
On another vBulletin forum I go on they've got a feature where users can sticky threads, but it only shows stickied to them, no one else, personal stickies.

I think this would be useful here, maybe in the gaming forum, sticky a thread about a game that's being developed so you don't forget about it and can follow it, or maybe in the coding forums, you sticky a certain piece of useful info you may need later on or something.

I think it'd be cool, but if not could I have a reason atleast?

Sounds like a neat idea. I would use that function.

Hmm. I don't have any specific objections. It'll be looked into.

If anyone wants to know what I'm talking about go to ultimate-guitar.com and sign up on the forums there.

If anyone wants to know the secret to life give me 5 dollars.

And so I don't get infractioned for spam, give Pi 5 dollars too.

Deal. What's your paypal account?

Username: User
Password: password

Be sure to log in from the secure site at paypal.nz\virus.exe

speaking of sticky, i was cashing out a local celebrity for 2 large HDTVs last night, and I had trouble grabbing the coins for some odd reason and the guy said, "oh I see you got sticky fingers" and it was disturbing. i think he is a scary scary man

Do you need a hug, warped? Did that man touch you?

actually a guy was checking out my ass last night because a co-worker told me about it. he said it was the most awkward look/walkby he ever saw. i just want to die right now, things are so creepy at work. people really need to get laid more often

The guy paid for two large HDTVs with cash?

This is certainly something we can add. I just have to find it...

Munro, I've seen it but it was for 3.7, will it still work?

This is a terrible idea.

Wtf.. why? If you don't want to use the feature then don't use it.

I have a suspicion that you didn't read the OP fully. It doesn't mean let any user make a thread a sticky.

It was j/k

At the time I was unbearably tired, during that state where "anything is funny." That was a good reaction though.

Jet porkins is a troll.

I like this idea.

This thread is almost 3 weeks old, hurry the **** up Munro, I don't pay you to sit around all day! Chop chop!

This sounds super awesome.

EDIT: This may be the one Chris_D found

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=189444

Originally Posted by mystikmedia

Does anyone know if this works with 3.8.1?

This does. However, be advised, that I discovered a minor security flaw in this code that would enable any user to gain unauthorized access to the name/title of threads in private forums (but not their content). Since I did not originally code this, and merely ported it, I believe there are a series of missing checks in the plugins themselves. However, I am not actively supporting this mod due to time constraints.

In case no one has asked or answered this question- it works on vB 3.8.1 with no problems. Thanks for the hack- works great.

I just installed this on a 3.8.3 install, and it worked without any problems.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=189444&page=4

Someone explain to me what the difference between this and subscribing to a thread is? I don't like Munro going around and adding features. He seems to break things. :(

Someone explain to me what the difference between this and subscribing to a thread is? I don't like Munro going around and adding features. He seems to break things. :(

This doesn't repeatedly spam your inbox about threads that you lost interest in week before.

This is a much cleaner, intelligent way of keeping in touch with threads.

Protip: Choose "No email cotification." :)

This also would cause important (obviously), staff created stickies to be less prevalent.

This also would cause important (obviously), staff created stickies to be less prevalent.

Just have the staff stickies still be above the user stickies.

Subscribing to a thread with no email notification is still not the same thing as this. I don't get why you're so opposed to a new feature.

Someone has to be against it! We can't just always give in to all of your demands. :p

"I think this would be useful here"

What a harsh demand, listen to him screaming and threatening death.

:p

In any case, Munro is very... um... not here. So, you'll have to suck up to Pi Mu Rho.

Didja read the thread? Pi is for it, and Munro was here.

Granted that was weeks ago.

And Pi is a jerk, so even though he is for it, he will not implement it just to spite everyone here.

Well it's Starmonkey or Munro's choice not that guys!

Need to find the hack that works with the current vb version, will have continued support for future versions, and wont leave loads of security holes. I'm still looking...

This is still a better idea - your stickied threads are there in forums section you are visiting, and not in your profile.

Anyway, it's Munro's choice, not yours so HA. And he will find it.

This seems like a good addition to the easier way of browsing this forum. Kudos Dog--.

Back