Valve and Adult Swim are teaming up for something....

Dr.IndianaJones

Diamond Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Adult Swim, the adult-oriented cable television network that shares channel space with Cartoon Network - for ages 18 and older - has just announced something special is on its way. Valve and Adult Swim are teaming up for something that you'll probably enjoy. Stop back next week to check out what this surprise could be.​
On their promo page they say you should tweet about this using​
#adultswim #teamfortress​
Could this be Meet the Pyro? Or a TF2 cartoon that we all have been wanting?​
According to Jason DeMarco (VP of Marketing for Cartoon Network and Adult Swim) on his Twitter account:
THERE IS NO NEW SHOW COMING. PEOPLE... calm down
They also stated that you'll want to sign up for the newsletter. You've been warned.​
UPDATE:​
It seems that Jason DeMarco has tweeted again saying that his tweet from earlier was "NOT" in reference to TF2.​

So does this mean we could still get that TF2 cartoon series we have been hoping for? Or just another hat?

adult-swim-valve-register.png

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 26,233
What the hell is that, Lobster?

Oh I have no idea. I just found it completely ridiculous at the time to suggest that there would be a connection between Valve and Adult Swim.. and then this happens a week later.

Well this is.. ironic..

http://www.valvetime.net/threads/half-life-3-hinted-on-adult-swim.203411/#post-3349932

I guess you can never be too sure about anything these days.

Yeah, coincidence that at first people were joking about it being a HL3 reveal, but after this update about Adult Swim and Valve (Something thats abuzz on the TF2 Steam Forum) it could possibly be it. What I reckon will happen, a Debut on AS of Meet the Pyro before it becomes available of Steam. Following that a HL3 trailer, with a date. Then a special showing

http://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/4092

The 3 questions posed on that video
-Who is Pyro
-Where is HL3
-What is the meaning of life

What I reckon will happen, a Debut on AS of Meet the Pyro before it becomes available of Steam. Following that a HL3 trailer, with a date. Then a special showing of Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy to answer all three questions.

This sounds intriguing.

also, while I'm at it, will someone explain to me why Adult swim has such a weird, crappy and annoying name?

Will someone explain to me why Adult swim has such a weird, crappy and annoying name?

As I understand it.. Cartoon Network existed for a long time as a network for.. cartoons. So it was primarily aimed at kids, but when generations of kids began to outgrow the channel, they created an after hours schedule of shows aimed at a more mature audience, original shows, imported uncut anime, etc, etc.

The name refers to a swimming pool switching to an "adult swim" in which adults can use the pool without screaming kids getting in the way. Though for a while I thought it was a channel devoted to topless sporting coverage..

Bad ****ing form. New blog post. Translates to "Monday"

Nah man, remember the old runaround in the HL2 arg back in 2004 where we were hunting for birds in the page sources of the websites? That was all just a precursor to this announcement. Called it.

So I'm wondering if we will find something out tonight at midnight or tomorrow night. :\

valve is becoming a parody of itself with this hat business

Back