Valve Are Aware of the Europe Prices Issue

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
SteamFriends had a chat with Valve's Mike D. about the the difference of pricing for the European Union. He said that they are aware of this issue and they are fixing it.

Yes, we agree that some of the prices for third party products are higher then what you can find locally but we are working to fix that.

I got a feeling that they'll fix this issue in the upcoming months, hopefully.

Lol @ Valve Time

Anyways, I was dissapointed by the crazy euro prices, so this is good news.

GL for you Europplz. I'd surely be pissed too at higher than retail.

Thanks to the change in the AUD, pre-existing stock in stores and localized prices on steam, Australians are paying quite a great deal more for most games over Steam than what they would in stores right now.

Still, it's quite good that the EU is getting a fix in the upcoming months.

I'm surprised at the response from Valve, but pleasantly so. I probably shouldn't be, they always do think about us.

:)

I'm betting that Valve are gonna take their sweet time fixing this then they can continue ripping off EU customer just a while longer.

I think not. Their revenue would decrease from the decline in sales.

And I thought problems like those should be solved in beta. But beta finished in few days - without any responce to all who complained about extortionary prices. It's nice to hear thing are gonna be better in impending few months, but it also means ****ed up Holiday sales. Nexttime thing twice before you do something stupid, Valve.

In here it's pointless to buy from Steam. It makes almost 1000 kroons = 60 dollars.

Yeah, because EA are going to buy all Valve's stock and take them over!

Oh, wait...

Like this:
iz9t2f.jpg

You're a moron. So is fix-cz.

Explain exactly how Valve are becoming like EA. Or stop posting.

Valve have customer service and awareness of their user base like no other games company I've ever purchased from.

Way to go Valve!

You're a moron. So is fix-cz.

Can you see that smiley at the end of the sentence. Do you realize now that IT WAS JOKE! Who is moron now?
("Halflife2.net Staff" opps, and who will get ban really soon? :D )

Let's hope they do fix this soon. Everybody I heard is now going for retail games again. It took Valve a long time to build up a user base, and it's going to take some time for them to recover them all.

Valve have customer service and awareness of their user base like no other games company I've ever purchased from.

Way to go Valve!

Yes they have customer service. Too bad it's slow and rarely if ever helpful. And Pi stop being so anal.

Yay, after the currencychanges, I can't buy anything on Steam at all. Using a Visa Electron used to work fine, but no more. Kind of a bummer...

Yay, after the currencychanges, I can't buy anything on Steam at all. Using a Visa Electron used to work fine, but no more. Kind of a bummer...
If you have a paypal account, try linking it to your Electron and paying via paypal.

Dunno if Paypal works with Visa Electron. It doesn't work with Finnish banks, at least. Good idea, though. I'll give it a try.

I use Paypal with my Electron - it's how I buy my own Steam games. I've done it with accounts on both Paypal.co.uk anbd Paypal.com, so hopefully it should work for you too.

Back