Valve are going to GamesCom 2013

Most likely, otherwise it could be the steam box but i highly doubt it.

They'll show the new box or something.

It's gotten to the point where I've forgotten everything about Half Life now. I swear, even if they surprised the world with HL3 and showed footage, I'd literally just sigh and be "meh".

I don't know. At this stage, it could be anything other than Dota. Since they're planning on officialy releasing Dota this summer it would be sensible to show it at Gamescom. But Half Life 3? No I don't think so. Left 4 Dead 3? Maybe, who knows. I would think the Steambox is the most likely, since Gabe personally said that prototypes would be ready in three or four months. And that was a few months ago. I'm actually not wanting Half Life 3 announcement right now. Gotta agree with Dynasty there. I guess I should replay Half Life to get excited, but then again, it'd be another dissapointment if there's nothing again. Just like every year since 2007. :banghead:

Nouns designating a collective are treated as plural in British English, and possibly some other branches of the language.

I'll be interested to see what Valve shows there, but my main focus for GamesCom is on DeepSilver, who are likely going to have a booth set up for Egosoft :D

Tech demo of source 2,with a new game.
When will people learn,valve only knows how to count to 2... :D

Ouya contracted for first mass produced Steam Box

Experience the revolution~

That's pretty optimistic. I'd say L4D2: Ep. 1.

That's true.

And then we'd also find out that Source 2 is still a brush based engine like Goldsrc, Source, Respawn's Source engine and the COD "next gen" engine.

lol @ people who don't think L4D isn't the best thing to happen to vidoe juego

I bet HL3 will be a steambox launch title

It's okay. We still love you.

Now lock this ****ing thread.

WHOOPS
FALSE ALARM

Well, well, well, no surprises from Valve after all...what a shocker!

I bet HL3 will be a steambox launch title

I bet HL3 will NOT be a steambox launch title. Probably L4D: Ep1 could be like I already read somewhere here.

Nouns designating a collective are treated as plural in British English, and possibly some other branches of the language.

Strictly speaking even in English it depends. As I understand it in this case probably depending on whether Valve would be showing the work of more than one internal team.

Its-Happening-Ron-Paul-Rave-Reaction-Gif.gif

Strictly speaking even in English it depends. As I understand it in this case probably depending on whether Valve would be showing the work of more than one internal team.
As I came to undertand it, it depends on whether a company is treated as a singular entity or a collective of individuals within the context. I suppose in this case Valve is acting as a legal entity sending its representation to an event, in which case singular would be more natural.

Since I'm not a native speaker and I haven't read much on this particular subject, my understanding and intuition in this regard are quite imperfect. That being the case, I really shouldn't state such things in such definitive manner.

Bet yo ass its going to be Ricochet 2! (you are overreacting, I was just kidding o_O)

Interesting. More dev talks like last year would be welcome. Anything more would be overly hopeful.

Yeah, coming from the guy who thought HL3 could come from secret Korean thought puzzles strewn across the years.

This is gonna be good. I hope Valve shows us neat stuff like Source 2 (and tech demo just like Unreal Engine 4) and L4D3. :)

I seriously wonder what is up with the whole Steambox thing. I could have sworn the Piston was going to be the Steambox, but the ridiculous price scared just about everyone away. Hopefully, there will be a huge Valve announcement with Steam Box, Source 2, and a new game. I'm not entirely convinced it will be at Gamescom, but I figure that it won't be too much longer.

Back