Valve emailed me back and said they are sending me something!

Treverend

Reaction score
Is Valve trolling me or will they really send me something? I know they are great to their fans but this is cool. :)

"For real.

Joel Hatfield Valve Corporation [email protected]

Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 3:18 PM
To: Front Desk
Subject: RE: Please read this Gabe! PLEASE!!! :)

For real? lol

1**5 ******* St. ***** WI USA
And ****2 is my zipcode.

To: ********@live.com
Subject: FW: Please read this Gabe! PLEASE!!! :)
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 23:15:37 +0000

Hi Trev,

What is your mailing address and postal code?

Cheers,
Joel Hatfield Valve Corporation [email protected]

Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 3:09 PM
To: Front Desk
Subject: Fwd: Please read this Gabe! PLEASE!!! :)

Begin forwarded message:

Date: December 12, 2011 4:08:24 PM MST
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Please read this Gabe! PLEASE!!! :)

Can I have an autograph??? I'm a HUGE Valve fan just so ya know. :) I have every achievement in Portal and Portal 2, and in Half-Life 2 and both it's Episodes. Don't believe me? Look me up on Steam, my names Treverend. Does that warrant something special like an autograph or a hint about Half-Life 3? I SWEAR I'll keep any information to myself and not tell any game sites. xD Thanks for reading this Gabe, you're the man, keep doing what you do and I wish Valve luck. :)"

It's Anthrax.

Have yourself a White Christmas.

It's for real Trev, absolutely. Valve do get a lot of emails asking for such a thing but you were fortunate enough to make it through the crowd! I would say, you should remove your email address from your post just to avoid spambots picking it up.

What will be more interesting is what they will sign to send to you. It could be a poster or book, who knows. Post us some pictures when you get it :)

Thanks :) I took care of my email. And I'll for sure post pictures of whatever it will be. :)

Ah, I remember they sent out a bunch of stuff back in the day ('03, '04-ish), including posters and baby clothes. I got a HL2 poster (not signed though). My sister's friend got 3 posters... he asked for stickers so maybe they felt bad that they didn't have any and tripled the posters.

Awesome to hear that they still do this. Valve is so nice. Somebody should ask for a HL3 poster.

I should email them and ask if they have a replacement copy of the G-man poster from HL2 Gold. Mine is still in the bathroom at an apartment I lived at several years ago... I put it over the toilet in the bathroom (because it's funny when the G-man gazes silently at you while you pee, right?) and the moisture from showers etc basically cemented the poster to the wall. I miss that poster :(

Sounds pretty easy to get stuff from them, I don't feel special anymore. :( lol haha and I want HL3 sooo bad... honestly. I'm a Nintendo fanboy, I love Zelda and Metroid, but Half-Life is easily my number 1 non Nintendo series. Portal is also pretty close. :)

They took the Dog vs Strider poster down off the store. I emailed them asking if it'd be back anytime soon since I wanted to make a big order, and Gabe sent me a signed one and they put it back on the store. :)

Doubt they'd send anything all the way to New Zealand.

:(

They very well might, he told me he was going to send me something before he knew I lived in America.

I live in the UK and they sent me something.

How long did it take you guys to get your things from Valve? Too bad Washington is way over on the other side of the country. :( lol

Well hey whaddaya know

0AJrw.png

Did they just send you that? Dang.. I'm happy for you. lol But I'm not as exclusive as I though. :( xD He must do it for anyone who asks.

Aaah you losers. Maybe I'll ask if they'll sign my Raising the Bar..

Consequently, raising bar is a term I sometimes assign to my penis.

...and I have asked people to sign it.

Sorry.. xD I had to say that to maybe have a chance of him telling me. But he still didn't acknowledge my question.. why do they even avoid questions about if they are even working on the game? We could all be waiting for nothing because they won't even say they are working on it.

If they freely denied things they weren't working on all of the time, then any time they refused to comment it would be a guarantee that they were. If you catch my drift.

I'm too dumb to understand, I just woke up and my mine can't comprehend what your saying. xD so you're saying that if they said they weren't working on a project, and didn't comment about it, that would mean they really are?

So did they send anything or did I miss that part in this thread?

They obviously sent him some sort of explosive package designed to detonate on opening.

So did they send anything or did I miss that part in this thread?

Perhaps they used a particularly slow method of shipping. Or they haven't sent anything yet, either because of an oversight or because they're trollololing. Or perhaps Treverend is too busy playing his alpha copies of Half-life 3 and Portal 3 to come reply to this thread.

Man, I like free stuff, but I'd feel like a dick for just sending Valve a blatant request for swag for no reason (something I imagine they get quite frequently, awesome as they are)... I'm torn with indecision!

Dear Valve,

I like your games and I don't even complain about how long it takes between the releases of Half-Life games because I just appreciate the work that goes into them and when they do come out, they blow my mind into tiny, blendable, edible pieces.

Swag plz.

Lots of Love,

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
*~~*~~ Stylo ~~*~~*
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Back