Valve Hints at Future of Team Fortress 2

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
After several months of silence following the Smissmas event in December 2013, the Team Fortress 2 blog has been updated with a new post outlining a number of upcoming changes set to arrive sometime in the future.

slide-jpg.24739

The first major reveal includes a preview of an upcoming "Moonbase" map which features "a whole bunch of interesting new gameplay", something the team is "pretty excited about". The post also provides a look at a piece of concept art for the map, showing how the Moonbase may look once complete.

Additionally, the post has also revealed that community contributors will soon be able to upload their own custom taunts to the Steam Workshop. The team has confirmed they are currently working on animating some brand new taunts, which will likely be added to the game around the same time as the aforementioned Steam Workshop support.

engys_new_chair_looping.gif
The blog post was released alongside the third part of the on-going Team Fortress comic series, entitled "A Cold Day In Hell", which we very highly recommend checking out. If you're looking to get caught up, be sure to check out Part One: "Ring of Fired" and Part Two: "Unhappy Returns".​

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 31,107
Its good that they finally decided to communicate with us. Update is allways nice, I just hope either EoTL or Moonbase will bring some new weapons.

I'll be looking forward for new taunts... not really

All I care for is new and intersting weapons ;_;

Looking forward to the female and TFC models.

Back