Valve is holding their conference today at 2pm pst...

Captain M4d

POWER OVERWHELMING
Reaction score
and that's probably when they'll announce Episode 3. You guys need to stop freaking out.

We didn't even know a Valve game was going to be announced yesterday until it actually happened.

This is the exact conference our friend -smash- will be attending, he will be twittering us info as it goes on. 10pm GMT btw.

Crap. I'm probably going to be in the pub at 10. Guess I can look forward to seeing it tomorrow morning.

Even if Valve throws up a 30 second trailer, we'll know something big is coming our way

Blood... pressure.... rising.... Not only this wait, which is passing by in slow motion to me, but there was no MotionPlus Zelda at the Nintendo show. LET NOT THIS SHOW CONTINUE TO LEAVE MY PANTS UNSOILED AND WITHOUT JOY! Episode 3... I must distract myself somehow... AHH!

I will be really shocked if there no news i think! its nearly been 2yrs since episode 2 :/ there was concept at last years E3 so there must be something for this year....surely....?

If I could obliterate you with rage, I would.

I will be really shocked if there no news i think! its nearly been 2yrs since episode 2 :/ there was concept at last years E3 so there must be something for this year....surely....?

Actually, we have to wait another 4 1/2 months before EP2 reaches its 2 year anniversary.

I want to see EP3 news as much as anyone, but we really should calm down and stop being so impatient over a video game.

And, IMO, when Valve takes their time, they always pull through and create a ground-breaking experience... an experience we're all demanding... I wouldn't expect anything less with EP3.

Actually, we have to wait another 4 1/2 months before EP2 reaches its 2 year anniversary.

I want to see EP3 news as much as anyone, but we really should calm down and stop being so impatient over a video game.

And, IMO, when Valve takes their time, they always pull through and create a ground-breaking experience... an experience we're all demanding... I wouldn't expect anything less with EP3.

Valve games are going to be good. They've set such a high standard that quality is practically guaranteed. However, the whole point of Episodic content was to have a rapid release cycle which, considering that a sequel to a full game has been announced before a third episodic installment, has not really been the case.

i believe valve announced l4d2 before ep3 so valve would get more popular at e3, thus when they announce ep3 the get more attention. stop freakin out the mods have been hinting at ep3 at e3 all week i think they know whats gonna happen we will just have to wait and see

i believe valve announced l4d2 before ep3 so valve would get more popular at e3, thus when they announce ep3 the get more attention. stop freakin out the mods have been hinting at ep3 at e3 all week i think they know whats gonna happen we will just have to wait and see

I don't think the mods here have a clue. They don't work for Valve so they are in the dark like us all.

Please, for the love of everything good, stop using ridiculous amounts of exclamation marks.

Less than an hour until the announcement :).

If anyone at Valve still reads these silly forums, here is my message and plea to you. I love you, but please, give us something to sink our teeth into today.

I am just as hopeful as you guys, but dont be to surprised if we get nothing new, I mean it just doesnt feel like its gonna happen!

I'd be just as happy if they said we aren't getting anything at E3 2009. At least then we would know something, and wouldn't let ourselves get so worked up for what could potentially be nothing at all. I could just put Episode 3 in the back of my mind and bring it back when the time is right.

They've already stated (I'm pretty sure...) that EP3 is going to come out this year. That being said, I don't really see a reason to announce one of their main titles (L4D2) at this event then withhold their main game. Not to mention that L4D2 is coming out at a time that would be realistic release date for HL2: Ep. 3 (and hopefully Portal 2 / CS2). Seriously, I'm expecting an Orange Box 2 announcement.

YOU HEARD IT FROM ME FIRST

They've already stated (I'm pretty sure...) that EP3 is going to come out this year. That being said, I don't really see a reason to announce one of their main titles (L4D2) at this event then withhold their main game. Not to mention that L4D2 is coming out at a time that would be realistic release date for HL2: Ep. 3 (and hopefully Portal 2 / CS2). Seriously, I'm expecting an Orange Box 2 announcement.

YOU HEARD IT FROM ME FIRST

You have no idea how much I hope you're right. :|

Valve better not turn into Nintendo and disappoint!!

did i miss something? when did they do a statement about Ep3 coming in 2009?

anyway im off to bed i hope i see some good info on this site or ill go straight back to bed lol.

Valve better not turn into Nintendo and disappoint!!

When I read that I remembered when Nintendo announced WiiMusic last year.
Then I pictured Gabe dancing and playing an imaginary instrument.

D:

No Episode Three at E3 :| I wonder how close they are to completing it :)

(canceled post, please delete)

Man, Valve attended to E3 2009, just for Left 4 Dead 2? I think they have worst presentation, also Most disappointing presentation of 2009 :/

I don't think the mods here have a clue. They don't work for Valve so they are in the dark like us all.

ya but they are at e3 and with valve so i think they might know. or not, i may be wrong and be completely pissed that valve doesnt show anything at e3

Man, Valve attended to E3 2009, just for Left 4 Dead 2? I think they have worst presentation, also Most disappointing presentation of 2009 :/

QFT, how can they put developers on l4d2 when we HL fans have been waiting 4ever for ep3
valve really doesn't think much of their fans and our community ...

But I mean cmon look at blizzard, they are atleast trying to communicate with the fans and I think most ppl on those forums really enjoy it . All valve could done was to say on some blog that ep3 wasn't going to be announced at e3.

But I mean cmon look at blizzard, they are atleast trying to communicate with the fans and I think most ppl on those forums really enjoy it, even though some are trolls who spoil it for the rest of us

valve doesn't listen their fans, or try to communicate with their fans

right...

Really disappointing E3 for Valve. They said they might release infomation about ep3 at the end of the year last year, they didn't so every thought it would come at E3 but it seems there spending to much timer on l4d2. sigh at valve.

they probably dont want to announce anything because its going to take as long as TF2 did. gay

Back