Valve is shooting themselves in the foot

R

RealCruel

Doom 3 will come out a month before hl2. A lot of kids are impatient, they may buy doom 3 just because it's out and not have the money for hl2 later.....

lol. I dont know about you, but I wont be rushing out for doom 3. As for money, I've sure most people have saved some for the games coming out soon.

Originally posted by RealCruel
Doom 3 will come out a month before hl2. A lot of kids are impatient, they may buy doom 3 just because it's out and not have the money for hl2 later.....

a month before huh?

im still calling a holiday release.. i wanna stay optomistic..

it will definitely be a first for a company to release a game 3 months before its official release date...

I doubt the code can be rewritten in three, even four months, even if its only a third. It took them a third of five years, and I'm under the impression its harder to re-write code than write it, from my own experiences (bugfixes, optimization, etc, tedious work.).

But most of the five years was researching and planning the Source engine. I'm sure after all the time they've been developing it they'd know their way around it and can fix it alot faster than they could 2+ years ago.

Why would they need to completely re-write it? They said the hacker made a COPY of the code...i think.

Valve just stated they're still on a holiday release...

Don't believe them if you don't want to, but they still have more credibility to me than Vivendi.

Originally posted by Cyber$nake
Why would they need to completely re-write it? They said the hacker made a COPY of the code...i think.

They have to compensate for all of the potentally compromised code that comes with a source leak. (Potentially stuffed up Steam etc.)

Back