Valve May Need To Make Expensive Phone Call

Democritus

Reaction score
I remember Gabe saying they could double their bandwidth instantly with an "expensive phone call." Take a look at the lower graph on

Status

The used bandwidth is skyrocketing -- and this is BEFORE the purchase options are available. I think a bunch of people are starting to preload... Looks like an expensive phone call may be in order.

Indeed it could be, and I think they might be inclined to, with the several Million Dollors they are about to make.

lets hope they have capped the available preload bandwidth so steam doesn't freeze up.

Uh-oh! O_O

Steam.gif

That bandwidth might be people deciding 'oh well time to preload hl2 then, Ive put it off long enough'.

Hopefully the preorders won't be delayed 'cos of the high bandwidth use atm... :O

omg !!
holy sh!t !!!11
VALVe really need to get more bandwidth !!

Gentlemen, this is the reason we've preloaded!

CRY HAVOC AND LET LOOSE THE AWP WHORES OF WAR!

Yes, bandwith is fluctuating! It's becoming unstable! Drop the grafite rods!

I never thought I'd see a resonance bandwith scenario, much less create one!

^i did. i hear that you dont have to dl cs:s if you have hl2 preloaded already....but an 'unlock' dl will be required obviously.

Lol now that people have a reason to preload everyone is doing it. Ah good times.. :p

Haha yeah,

especially right after they announced the prices. :p

f1r3b4ll said:
LMAO - lolol bet noone gets that Danno ;)

oh yeah, no one on a half-life 2 forum would understand that he was making a play on a quote from half-life 1...

I just hope it doesn't freeze up on me or anything when I'm entering my credit card information and stuff... don't want to accidentally buy anything twice now! :O

lol most people have preloaded hl2, if they have a brain cell lol, so the dl levels will be low as you effctively have almost all of cs:s on your hd already.

current min max
Bandwidth Used 9,086 Mbps 1,105 Mbps 7,136 Mbps
Bandwidth Available 9,310 Mbps 6,960 Mbps 10,280 Mbps

um... time to call? :confused:

Immortal said:
Is it just me or are the forums sllllooooooowwwwwwww???

It was slow for a short time. I realized that the bandwidth was being used by the Mods here who were downloading the games!

FireStone said:
current min max
Bandwidth Used 9,086 Mbps 1,105 Mbps 7,136 Mbps
Bandwidth Available 9,310 Mbps 6,960 Mbps 10,280 Mbps

um... time to call? :confused:
Just watche the lines. When the little yellow line gets close the the little white line, that = bad. Not sure what the acceptable buffer is for Valve, but it's getting close.

I *Believe* the above means that currently there is 9310 Mbps available and 9086 Mbps being used. That's close. Min and Max -- I'm not sure if those are historical or what.

Back