Valve to Sue Activision, Activision to Countersue

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
Yup, that case back in 2002 between Valve and Vivendi? it?s back. Only this time it?s Valve versus Activision, because Vivendi has merged with Activision since the last lawsuit.
On Tuesday Valve filed suit against Activision Blizzard in U.S. District Court in Seattle. The suit alleges that Activision refused to honor an agreement to abide by an arbitrator's April 6th award decision involving a 2002 dispute over royalties.
Activision paid Valve last week the sum of $1,967,796, when Valve were awarded a payment of $2,391,932 as a result of the trial back in 2002. That leaves an outstanding balance of $424,136, which Activision claim has been paid to Valve over the past few years.[br]More details can be found here, and here for the complaint filed by Valve.

Activision needs to stop being cheapskates and just pay the remainder of their agreement.

They deserved it.

Go on Valve! Kick Activisions's ass!

This does suck though, I like Valve more but Activision/Blizzard make good games

Gordon Freeman: Ace Attorney

Actually, I would assume Gman is their attorney what with the suit and briefcase and all. He would be pretty intimidating in court, using teleportation and timetravel to present evidence.

Activision: "The arbitrator instructed us in a phone conversation that we can deduct the $400,000"

Gman: [opens teleport] "We'll see... about that".

This does suck though, I like Valve more but Activision/Blizzard make good games

Blizzard makes good games, Activision not too much, once in a while perhaps.

It's a shame they merged though, but I believe the 3 amazing franchises that Blizzard owns (Starcraft, Diablo and Warcraft) is still only licensed under the name "Blizzard" and not "Activision Blizzard".

Valve will win in the court because the judge plays L4D and TF2.

I hope this doesn't affect Activision games'(mainly the Call of Duty series) availability on Steam.

Well, I never really liked Vivendi, They didn't make any good games, EVER!
The only good games Activision has made is the call of duty sereis.

Well, I never really liked Vivendi, They didn't make any good games, EVER!
The only good games Activision has made is the call of duty sereis.

You do realize Vivendi has a stake in a metric ass load of good games right?

Not to mention Activision isn't a half bad company either.

When Activision buys up a company they take it upon themself to honour any debts outstanding to said company. That's how business works, and why bankrupt companies generally only get bought for ludicrously low sums of money.

Activizzard need to pay up.

Yes, it seems that Valve will win.

Also, what the **** is the talk about Activision being a bad company? They were the ones who started the gaming industry by being one of the first game developers/makers. Anyone remembers Pitfall?

I hope this doesn't affect Activision games'(mainly the Call of Duty series) availability on Steam.

To be honest I think that would be rather foolish on Activision's part, as there is no comparible online disribution net work wiht the same kind of exposure that Steam gives thier products.

Back