Valve Won't Be Attending E3 2011

I actually think its a good sign they arent coming this year. First that means no Valve game during the early part of 2012...which means aside from DOTA2 we arent gonna get anything new until fall 2012. If you factor HL3 being started around the time Episode 2 was nearly done, say 2006...2006-2012 seems about the time frame it took from HL1 to HL2. Since Gabe said Valve is getting better at "valve time" maybe this is a sign that something big is gonna be released during Fall 2012.

I still wonder about the 3 suprises and when that deadline ends. Maybe the VGA 2011 awards?

Its true Left4Dead was a step in the right direction.

That said at the pace Valve is going with the Half Life series there is a chance those that played Half Life in 1998 will be too old to move a mouse by the time the concluding installment of Half Life is produced.

I was 12 when I played Half Life. I'm 25 now and the story still hasn't come to an end...

Of course not. They're too busy churning out more useless crap for the TF2 and Portal 2 store.

Yeah don't worry, I just wanted to remind everyone what a kick in the balls that felt like.

You're tellin' me. I remember how thoroughly kicked my balls felt after the scores of fun hours I spent playing those games. Just so kicked.

I was unnecessarily optimistic. They said last September they had three big suprises up their sleeves over the next year and I though this could well be the big HL one. I'll just crawl back into my hole and replay HL2...

I read something interesting on IGN which I actually thought might happen. If valve wants HL3 to take place after Episode 2 but not immediately after they could do a DLC release for Episode 2 (which wouldnt count as a full game so no need for E3) and could be released soon after the portal 2 dlc. Since Gabe was talking about the TF2 model as the way they want to go with future games it might make more sense for Ep. 2 seeing as it is the most recent HL game and valve hasnt tried DLC with HL yet...they do like to experiment with things like that. It makes sense with me and fits with Valve trying new things on their old games (that portal 1 update that had the radios comes to mind).

Back