Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

HunterSeeker

Reaction score
So its out, how is it? Anyone here played it? Is there a trial availible? If so could you please link to it, if it uses a "buddy" trial system could someone with a spare trial key please PM it to me as I would like to try it out.

It uses a Buddy key system.. I got my friend to give me one and it lets you download and play the game for 10 days.

Its still a bit buggy at the moment but its not TOO bad.

If you have a monster of a PC then its great, but if you dont then you cant appreciate the graphics and scenery and stuff that help to make it great.

I bought it at launch. It can be really, really fun. At other times, I don't even want to load it up.

I like the class system. There is a class for every liking: evil pet class, holy pet class, dedicated healers, offensive healers, melee healers, mage tanks, holy tanks, etc. Each have their benefits. The combat is... well, routine. Find a tank, healer and DPS and go. I first rolled on the Free For All PvP server, but I currently rerolled to a PvE server. I thought FFA would be fun, but it's more annoying than what I previously thought.

There are plenty of bugs that still need to be worked out. It's obvious that this game was rushed. It could use another month or two to work out everything.

My conclusion? Buy it in three or four months, when everything is settled down, when the economy is set, when the bugs are fixed and, if you happen to roll on the FFA server, some social order is in place.

Still tossing up whether or not to grab this. Been watching it for awhile now, but the bugginess is putting me off, and I'm not really sure if my system is up to it -

AMD 2200+ (upgrading to 64-bit 3200+ soon)
1gb ram (could upgrade if needed)
Nvidia 6800
...'n stuff *shrugs*

On the one hand I don't mind chucking the graphics down if I can get it running smoothly, but then I've seen the screens on low detail vs. high and it's like two different games. Goes from decent but bland to downright aweing in some shots.

Gah, and it's out on the same day as Final Fantasy XII here. I seriously doubt I'm gonna be able to focus on both games at once, so there's a choice to be made x_x

Edit - Err, right, feedback... the character creation looks fun! :)

Oh, and about the buddy keys and downloading it, I hear the download itself is pretty harrowing. Once installed the game is around 17gb, not sure what that translates to compressed, but I also hear that sometimes the files are corrupt for some reason :x

But this is all word of mouth on my end, so you might be better off ignoring it ^_^

for about $10 more you can get the far superior 3700 which has 1mb of cache

played vanguard during the beta ..ran like ass on my 4200 x2, 7800gt at medium to high, dropping details did next to nothing. The final version should be better optomized but they dont hide the fact that they needed another few months of development and released the game prematurely

I'd like a 10 day invite key if anyone has it, would like to see if it runs any better than beta before I decide to purchase or not

character creation was underwhelming btw ..far too few hair choices made a lot of people look the same

The game looks amazing; there is no doubt there. Considering its graphics, it runs pretty well. The environment design is spectacular. Some areas you stop and just look around at the beauty. Everything is lush.

RaJinn.jpg

CB.jpg

They even managed to make the desert look interesting.

Khal.jpg

That's in-game blur, too, btw.

The settings are high-maximum when some of the advanced features off.

A64 3500+
2GB PC3200
7800GT

I could say the same about the way your mom feels riding my cock.

Yeah, it really does have a similar style to EQ2, although without the blandness (mostly), even though SOE only jumped on board last year to co-publish and help with servers.

Back