Vi sitter h?r i venten och spelar DotA

I've actually never played it. A lot of my friends have though, but I never saw the appeal.

Jag taenker inte finna mig i det haer DotA spel!

(a with those cute dots has been replaced with ae, since the forum is evil!).

Did I get that right? Haha.

I play this game practically every day. Had a kickass game with Tinker.

My favorite build on him is the following:

Skills: Laser and Missile first, then march, get reload at 10, max out march, get stats until 17, then max reload.

Items, 2 nulls and a few tangos, BoT, then manta, then guinsoo.

When you get BoT and march going, you can keep all the lanes pushed and you can farm like mad. I love bouncing around the map and harassing people. With manta you also have even better pushing power and you can stand up against 1-2 heroes if you haven't let them get too powerful (which you shouldn't have considering you have the best nuke in the game, laser).

Anyways...I love dota because of the sheer flexibility of the game. There are tons of combinations of item and skill builds on each hero and there are like over 90 heroes now. Every game is different.

Btw Hazar, do you play in TDA games or just pubs?

haha, I didn't think tinker was that good. You're right about the combinations... lots of of different games can happen, especially with the different game modes.

I'm actually just playing co-op wiht a friend against bots on the AI version of the map (they always level up pretty fast and usually rape us, though we've won some too).

Favorite heroes for me are:
Rylai Crestfall - The Crystal Maiden
Tiny - The Stone Giant
Puck - Faerie Dragon
Kel`Thuzad - The Lich
Rotund`jere - The Necrolyte
Razor - The Lightning Revenant

ps. zeus is a bitch

Love DotA, we play it in my frat constantly. LAN parties are the best :D

im not sure if basehunter really was meaning THAT game (Dota) in the song. He has an accent in swedish were he pronounce DATA (which means computer, or computer games) as DOTA...which i think many people confuse it with.

Or he might actually mean the game...idk

You guys know thats a real artist, he mostly sings about gaming. Which i think is cool as shit. Not to mention the shit doesnt sound bad.

You guys know thats a real artist, he mostly sings about gaming. Which i think is cool as shit. Not to mention the shit doesnt sound bad.

Come back to me when you've listened to "Boten Anna" over and over and over for an entire summer, then tell me that again and I'll be glad to smack you over the head with a shovel.

Dota is fun to play, but it's not the most addicting custom map to play. Give Castle Fight a try.

im not sure if basehunter really was meaning THAT game (Dota) in the song. He has an accent in swedish were he pronounce DATA (which means computer, or computer games) as DOTA...which i think many people confuse it with.

Or he might actually mean the game...idk

He does mean Dota, in the video you can see them playing the game. He's Tiny in the vids :p

The AI maps are TOUGH to play because they are amazing at micromanagement so they constantly get denies and creep kills so they are hard to farm off of. At least that was my experience with the one I played.

Gonna go play a little right now, anybody wanna join me?

Come back to me when you've listened to "Boten Anna" over and over and over for an entire summer, then tell me that again and I'll be glad to smack you over the head with a shovel.

That applies to anything tho.

Coincidentally, those are all the easiest heroes to play. :O

haha, well I just started playing... they've been the ones I've done the best with.

The AI can be pretty ridiculous in many different ways, mostly how they'll be level 20 or so when you're 12.

I hate each and every one of you who plays DOTA, because you have all collectively tempted my brother into playing it and thus taking away quite a lot of MY computer time.

Bastards.

What the hell is DotA?

Some warcraft3 custom map, i don't know how you're supposed to play it or anything, i've only seen servers of it all over the place on WC3, but i get kicked out of every one if i attempt to even join

That's pretty lame. I've always hated heroes in RTS games, but to make a map exclusively for them just reeks of stupid to me.

I hate DotA. You go on, looking for maybe a nice RP or a tower defence game, OH LOOK.
FIFTY ****ING DOTA
DOTA
DOTA
DOTA! LOL WEST COAST ONLY
DOTA PROZ ONLEY
LOLDOTALOL
It pisses me off. Whatever happened to the fan base of Dark Deeds? I loved that game.

I hate DotA. You go on, looking for maybe a nice RP or a tower defence game, OH LOOK.
FIFTY ****ING DOTA
DOTA
DOTA
DOTA! LOL WEST COAST ONLY
DOTA PROZ ONLEY
LOLDOTALOL
It pisses me off. Whatever happened to the fan base of Dark Deeds? I loved that game.

wait, so you hate a game solely because other people like it?

and to theotherguy, don't think of it as an rts, it's more of an rpg you play with other people

That's pretty lame. I've always hated heroes in RTS games, but to make a map exclusively for them just reeks of stupid to me.

It's a 5v5 battle. There are 89 heroes to choose from each with 3 abilities each and 1 ultimate (at least 90% of the abilities are completely unique and not seen in regular WC3). You build the hero up the way you want by getting xp from killing enemy heroes and units (there are neutral creeps too). There are also 104 items to buy/build along the way to equip on your hero.

The computer army simply spawns in set intervals that run down 3 lanes towards the enemy base. They are mostly there for farming and to keep the flow of the game. The game revolves around how well your team plays their heroes.

There's an extraordinary amount of strategy and skill required to be very good at it and the learning curve is pretty high because there's just so much stuff that you need to know to play well.

I hate each and every one of you who plays DOTA, because you have all collectively tempted my brother into playing it and thus taking away quite a lot of MY computer time.

Bastards.

I feel exactly the same way about WoW. Probably in a much greater sense.

It's worse than when he was addicted to CS, because I could just kick him off and he wouldn't moan. Now if I kick him off one of his hour-long games he whines like a freaking baby.

I mapped for Warcraft 3 for a while and that made me realise how much shit DotA was.

if you've got better maps rapstah, share them!

I'm surprised at all the hate. I bet most of the haters either A. Haven't really played dota enough to get decent. Or B. Hate the fact that dota is so popular it takes up most of the custom games in the bnet browser so they can't find maps they actually want to play.

Btw sea, the reason they're kicking you is because you don't have the map. Unfortunately the dota community doesn't take kindly to new players.

www.getdota.com for the latest version.

If anybody wants to get into it though I'll show you the ropes.

I don't enjoy Dota with randoms. With friends it's OK. My brother loves the damn thing, I don't particularly give a toss.

Back