Vote for Rick Astley

Maxi

Tank
Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7646807.stm said:
Astley shortlisted for MTV award

Eighties pop singer Rick Astley has become the surprise contender for best act ever at this year's MTV Europe Music Awards in Liverpool.

The star, who has never been nominated in the history of the event, is up against U2, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Green Day and Tokio Hotel.

The winner, chosen by fans online, will be unveiled at the show on 6 November.

Astley returned to prominence this year when internet users were "tricked" into watching the video of his biggest hit.

Sole nomination

A craze called "Rickrolling" saw web users unwittingly follow links to Astley's videos. It led to millions of plays of Astley's song Never Gonna Give You Up, which reached number one in the UK in 1987.

It went on to become a number one hit in 15 other countries.

"Rick's fans have obviously decided that he deserves recognition as a pop icon and no doubt they are determined to make sure he wins on the night," said the award show's producer Richard Godfrey.

Madonna is up for the video star category with 4 Minutes - the only nomination she has received this year.

The 50-year-old pop star will battle it out with 30 Seconds to Mars, Santogold, Weezer and Snoop Dogg, who is hosting the ceremony.

Let's give Rick the award he deserves! Or atleast let's make sure the award doesn't go to britney spears...

You can vote as many times as you want, theres no limit. I found this thing on the largest finnish forum, lots of people were voting for Rick. Let's help out and give him the award!

Go to: http://ema.mtv.co.uk/vote/#_ and click on "Best Act Ever" then on Rick Astley and then on Vote!

Your second argument made it for me.

The only nominee who even comes close to deserving the award is U2, and Bono is annoying so I'm voting Rick all the way.

Honestly, who really thinks Tokio Hotel, xtina, Britney, or Greenday come anywhere CLOSE to being the "Best Act Ever"?

While I'm at it, Foo Fighters for Headliner.

There's probably 80million chan users voting Rick Astley right now, they don't need us.

Why can't they just leave Britney alone?

WE'RE NO STRANGERS TO LOOOVE! YOU KNOW THE RULES AND SO DO IIIII!

rick_astley80s.jpg

I'll give the man/women who rick rolls any alien my left side.

I am not going to touch that site,it make me feel dirty

and best act ever? just wtf?

An MTV award? Eww. Almost makes me feel like we're rickrolling Rick Astley.

Which would be nothing short of sweet, sweet justice. Voted.

What do they mean "act"?

What does that encompass, music videos only or can it be live performances?

ffs, why would anyone vote for someone who even during his height in popularity was laughed at? come on people I know it's a stupid awards show with a stupid award that amounts to nothing except adulation from the mostly retarded public .. but can we stop elevating the retarded to a postion they dont deserve? stop elavating mediocrity, as soon as that happens the paris hiltons, the britney spears, and every other vain untalented, walking wastes of space celebritards would disappear from the face of this earth

I'd vote U2 if not for the fact that not voting is the only non-retarded choice

In the spirit of mediocrity for elevation, I vote CptStern for "Most Silly Bugger".

The World shall be rick roll'd

I can imagine if he wins it, they play an Example of the song, Rick Rolling the ENTIRE WORLD! :D

Rick Rolling fails on so many levels :E

Burn Kase The Heretic, He The Unbeliever Taints Our Ritual To Summon Forth The Astley To The World!.

Naw, I kid, rickrolling is such a massive declaration of complete lack of brain, originality and sophisticated honed sense of humour that if I could shake my head and look upon a person with complete disappointment and disgust who posts it, I would.

*runs away* you'll never catch me ahahaha :D

As I was clicking the link I thought for a moment "wait, what if this all is just another elaborate rick roll?!"

The only nominee who even comes close to deserving the award is U2, and Bono is annoying so I'm voting Rick all the way.

Honestly, who really thinks Tokio Hotel, xtina, Britney, or Greenday come anywhere CLOSE to being the "Best Act Ever"?
This.

While I'm at it, Foo Fighters for Headliner.
But mostly this.

Rick Rolling tbh is old. The channers should really think up a new meme.

There's probably 80million chan users voting Rick Astley right now, they don't need us.
You're wrong, you know. The instant shit like this gets out of hand and becomes a big phenomenon it's dropped and anyone who brings it up is lambasted. Nobody's voting. Nobody on any chan gives a shit about Rick Astley anymore.

Anyone who votes for Rick Astley now is jumping on a popularity bandwagon that has long since gone to ground.

Us voting completely doesn't matter. You can vote as many times as you want, meaning there are legions of pathetic /b/tards feverishly refreshing the page and revoting - and have been doing so for days on end. The less pathetic but still moronic ones are busy writing scripts to spam the vote.

Darkside, oldfags like you may not be, but you severely overestimate the average channer's intelligence. For every person that says "Oh man, Rick Astley is so last year" there are another dozen trying to improve their sad lives by attempting to rickroll MTV.

Darkside, oldfags like you may not be, but you severely overestimate the average channer's intelligence. For every person that says "Oh man, Rick Astley is so last year" there are another dozen trying to improve their sad lives by attempting to rickroll MTV.
I have to believe that isn't true, lest my heart get broken. I've gotta believe!

Apparently my brother heard it on the news, something along the lines of...

'Rick Astley, who has been nominated because of his recent popularity due to an internet joke.'

:LOL:

EDIT: He is gona win hands down.

I have to believe that isn't true, lest my heart get broken. I've gotta believe!

Believe all you want, Ennui's in the right with this one.

/b/ isn't made completely of oldfags, you know.

Thing is, he won't win

He'll get nominated, get a quick chuckle, and then whoever gave the most money to MTV to play their vids will win

*Sigh*

Yeah, I know, Jin. Truth be told, the old vanguard has long since departed. It's more accurate to say, "/b/ is made completely of newfags, you know." Any oldfags who knew what was good for them got on a boat and sailed West for the Undying Lands.

I know Ennui's right. I just like to hope.

It's like me and Fallout 3. I hope it's a good game, but in my heart of hearts...

Anyway, I didn't know Oldfags were elves. This is news to me.

Any oldfags who knew what was good for them got on a boat and sailed West for the Undying Lands.

Yep. The final straw was the whole Scientology newfag influx, /b/ finally fell. It was never awesome but it used to be a lot more awesome. My only contact with it these days is my roommate who still checks it sometimes.

Thing is, he won't win

He'll get nominated, get a quick chuckle, and then whoever gave the most money to MTV to play their vids will win

wich will be tokyo hotel,cuz the dad of the singer is a multimillonaire who is paying everything of the band,there isnt another reason that "thing" got so many fame

There IS another reason Tokio Hotel got a lot of fame.

633161billkaulitzcl3.jpg

I mean, goddamn.

Goddamn.

Back