Walk the Line : Johnny Cash

Lucid

The Freeman
Reaction score
This movie looks incredible, I'm a huge Cash fan.
They have Joaquin Phoenix as the Man, and Reese Witherspoon as June Carter Cash... and good lord they look so much like the people they're portraying, that it's creepy.

So far on Yahoo it has a B+ rating... Going to see it tonight :D

I'm just amazed that Phoenix can sound that much like him.

Im really looking forward to it. Could you tell us if its any good, once you've seen it?

i watched an interview in which Cash's first wife said it was a good movie in the sense of "going to see a movie" but hated it because it was not accurate in displaying her marriage to Johnny Cash.

i suppose not everyone could have been happy with it.

Meh...
Johnny Cash is dead so let's make a movie about him.
Ray Charles is dead so let's make a movie about him.
James Dean is dead so let's make a movie about him.

Thats usually how biographies work. You don't want to wait too long or else everyone will have forgotten about them, and doing it while they're still alive is against the method for most biographies.
James Dean jumps this a little because he's still in the public consciousness.

gick said:
Im really looking forward to it. Could you tell us if its any good, once you've seen it?
It was excellent, Beautiful score... acting was sweet... Joaquin and Reese both sang the songs, very well too.

same here, i think jaoquin is a good actor, so the movie should be good

Frank said:
Meh...
Johnny Cash is dead so let's make a movie about him.
Ray Charles is dead so let's make a movie about him.
James Dean is dead so let's make a movie about him.
Ray charles wasn't dead during the filming of Ray. He was actually on the setfor most of the produciton as "reference".

This isn't new either, Jim Morrison is dead so let's make a movie about him :D

brink's said:
Ray charles wasn't dead during the filming of Ray. He was actually on the setfor most of the produciton as "reference".

This isn't new either, Jim Morrison is dead so let's make a movie about him :D

The Doors was a great movie, but it portrayed Jim as a wild man that had sex with every woman and didn't show his softer side when he actually DID act like a normal human.

I wanna make 6 albums then fake my own death and watch as my family's bank account gets filled up because of all the movies and documentaries that are being made covering my entire life...

Frank said:
I wanna make 6 albums then fake my own death and watch as my family's bank account gets filled up because of all the movies and documentaries that are being made covering my entire life...
Muhammad Ali's still alive too. Owned.

This movie looks incredible, I'm a huge Cash fan.
They have Joaquin Phoenix as the Man, and Reese Witherspoon as June Carter Cash... and good lord they look so much like the people they're portraying, that it's creepy.

So far on Yahoo it has a B+ rating... Going to see it tonight
They look nothing like them.

StardogChampion said:
Muhammad Ali's still alive too. Owned.

Yeah well he's braindead or retarded or something.

StardogChampion said:
They look nothing like them.
Joaquin Phoenix definitely does. Reese.... not so much.

dude, Muhammad Ali is not in any way braindead or retarded, he has Parkinsons disease...

Back