walking is ****ing awesome

jverne

Reaction score
i sit behind the computer too much and today i spent the whole day walking. Awesome i tell you. I should go mountaineering someday.

Yaaaaay!

*EDIT* I walk enough, even though I sit behind a desk all day also. In order to get to my car, I have to go down the stairs, and 1.5 blocks away. I do that coming to work, leaving/returning from lunch every day, then leaving work. I think I get enough exercise for my lazy bones.

Yaaaaay!

*EDIT* I walk enough, even though I sit behind a desk all day also. In order to get to my car, I have to go down the stairs, and 1.5 blocks away. I do that coming to work, leaving/returning from lunch every day, then leaving work. I think I get enough exercise for my lazy bones.
What's a block? Like how long does it take...

What do you have in mind for mountaineering? I do not think it means what you think it means, but if you've never gone (and you live in California), you could be in for a treat.

Walking does feel really good. Why, just the other day I walked a mile around my neighborhood to get some fresh air and see the beautiful houses.

What do you have in mind for mountaineering? I do not think it means what you think it means, but if you've never gone (and you live in California), you could be in for a treat.

what's the activity where you walk up mountains? hiking?

I try to walk as much as possible. Do it 15 mintues twice a day on my work breaks. Then after work I try to do a long walk atleast 3-4 times a week (been kind of slacking in that regard lately).

Takes me about 5 minutes to get to my car.
Lol that isn't a walk cyberpitz!

I'd highly recommend getting on of those pedometers that measure how many steps you take in a day. During term time I was managing to get 10,000+/day which I was proud of.

I live on a small mountain side. It's heart attack steep. I was walking up and down it everyday early this year.

I need to start doing that again. I work at home, so most days the furthest I walk is to the bathroom or kitchen. It's pathetic.

All rhymes aside, I completely and totally agree with this thread. Hiking and street walking are very beautiful and practical ways to pass the time. Where's ZT?

All rhymes aside, I completely and totally agree with this thread. Hiking and street walking are very beautiful and practical ways to pass the time. Where's ZT?

Walking is also good for your legs, and it's always nice to have a breath of fresh air.

Stalking is not good, though.

You should go walking on ....

119wldx.jpg

It's unbelievably chilly out where I live, and this may be rapidly turning into one of those pseudo image dump threads that gets locked after one and a half pages, but I love walking. Just soaking in the environment and breathing some fresh air (and hopefully getting some sun).

I'm fortunate to live by a beach when I'm back home for breaks, and it's utterly relieving to just step outside, even for a few minutes, and take a hike down the bluff and look at the mounds of slow and ice reaching over the water. You can walk (carefully) on them and sit and meditate. Sometimes I'll take a book of some kind and just read and listen to the waves slap against the snow mounds until my hands freeze--and hell, now I know a lot more about Freud's opinion of early childhood sexuality and the development of sexual fetishes.

I'd highly recommend getting on of those pedometers that measure how many steps you take in a day. During term time I was managing to get 10,000+/day which I was proud of.

I've already got pedosense though!

In response, though, I don't want to walk a lot. I'm completely contempt with how much I walk now. It's more than nothing, so I'm OK with it :)

Tsss... I don't walk as much as I did when I worked at a bigger company, but I easily toke 20-25 000 steps per day. EASY! So probably more. Then I work out and shit. Im so much more fit then all you guys.probably SHAPE UP!

I walk everywhere, from my apartment I can walk to class, work, the grocery store, and a dozen restaurants.

I feel bad for the people that have to fight traffic everyday to get anything done.

I got my license in August, almost 4 years late. Let me tell you, walking is not always cool, not when you walk miles in snow or extreme heat, just to get some more vasoline.

I went to Irish college on this tiny (but pointy) island when I was 17. We had to walk up this huge massive giant enormous hill TWICE A DAY to get to the place where we learned all the Irish and did all the dancing. Also the food was terrible, which helped. I lost an unbelievable amount of weight. I should go there again.

I used to have to walk about 5 miles every night at work. It was in a distribution plant on hard concrete. Shit isn't good for you at all.

What you need is to climb steep hills, like outside in dirt, not concrete. Less steps, less impact, and more effort.

Well, that's what I think.

I got my license in August, almost 4 years late. Let me tell you, walking is not always cool, not when you walk miles in snow or extreme heat, just to get some more vasoline.

I thought I knew you.

bar said:
Nothing is going to change. Make better posts or put up with it, it's that simple

That's the spirit! Now leave this forum and don't look back. I don't know why you expect us to change. Leaving really is your best option.

The amount of harassment that goes on here gets pretty annoying at times.

Honestly, the only harassment that happened in this thread was by Mellish, but the insult was well earned. It doesn't look like he's going to listen to me. He'll stay and I'll put him back on the list of shame.

You could say...

[puts on sunglasses]

... he's going to take a walk of shame.

But... walking through Belfast? That's even worse than driving through the place, you can hear the chip-eaters attempting to speak. They sicken me.
Walking is pretty cool like.
Speaking in dialect on the internet like a Belfastian is fail, like, so it is, like. :dozey:
The amount of harassment that goes on here gets pretty annoying at times.

:thumbs:

I do enjoy walking when I can. Decent exercise, easy on your joints.

I try to walk as much as possible. Do it 15 mintues twice a day on my work breaks. Then after work I try to do a long walk atleast 3-4 times a week (been kind of slacking in that regard lately).

you should just run and do it in a fraction of the time.

Back