War Torn: Escape

ductonius

Reaction score
This seems to be the most appropriate forum for this. The "art" part is not the images (though I did have to actually animate most of them and make many others by cobbling differnet sprites together) but rather the way they are used; the video in other words.

This is a flash animated video to Anger as Beauty by Hawksley Workman using sprites from Final Fantasy VI*.

This is my second flash movie (the first was a looping gif) and I must say that I have far more respect for people who do good flash animation since getting things to look OK in flash is easy, getting them to look right if far more difficult. Now, having said that, there are probably guys who could do what took me quite some time in a day, but what the hell, you cant have everything. At least not all at once and right away.

So, with out further adieu,

>>>>http://www.xenoworks.com/randomimages/War_Torn(AaB_FFVI).swf<<<<

Any comment or questions are appreciated. I hope you enjoy it.

*Yes, I know sprit-imation is not the best but those with ideas are not always blessed with artistic ability. And honestly, its a choice between sprites and stickmen, so, yeah...

Gah! SPRITES!

It looks very proffesionally made, but it couldn't keep my patience :/. Maybe with voice overs.

www.newgrounds.com/bbs

Go to the club section, they have a "Voice actor club" with lot's of willing actors.

TheSomeone said:
Gah! SPRITES!

It looks very proffesionally made, but it couldn't keep my patience :/. Maybe with voice overs.

www.newgrounds.com/bbs

Go to the club section, they have a "Voice actor club" with lot's of willing actors.

Thanks for the link.

Did you watch the whole thing?

Well I watched the whole thing. The text in the message boxes should have been TWICE as fast. Or atleast an option to skip that messege. Not really complicated to do in Flash. Also noticed one of the letters moved a bit as if you adjusted it because it was in the wrong position... Looked kinda' funny.

I don't like the fact that it was all sprites... You could have gotten A LOT more creative with how those mechs kill the soldiers. Besides moving the sprite in a fast motion and the soldiers just laying flat. No blood or effects or anything. However, the song WAS good, and it was a pretty decent choice for this.

I can't be sure you needed one, but a preloader never hurts. You can get one from Newgrounds.

Also, I was unclear of who was saying what in the beginning.

Good job compiling the sprites though. That's a good show for a second movie ever made. Hope you keep using Flash. Cheers.

Very nice, although you're lucky I'm a fan of the whole "defense against all odds" theme. Touching, to say the least.

very cool, loving the spriteness, music works well

thats cool! ah final fantasy 6! cant remember much of it. long time no play. good ol snes days.
was cool! sniff* memories come back :)

I couldnt sit through it :(

geez whats with everyone? its not like its bad or anything

I looooooved Final Fantasy 6. Don't know why I didn't finish it...

That made my laptop overheat, so I couldn't finish watching it; but it certanly looked great :D I never completed FF6, although I got the the very last boss lol :D

Wow. I actually got emotional over that.

Incredible. Just incredible. I actually felt sad as shit.

Back