We don't cotton to that whole emancipation thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raziaar

I Hate Custom Titles
Reaction score
http://politicalcorrection.org/blog/201007150012

Yeah. There's no racism within the tea party movement.

On Tuesday, the NAACP passed a resolution denouncing racist elements within the Tea Party movement. Responding to the resolution, Tea Party Express chairman Mark Williams lashed out against the civil rights group, claiming that "they make more money off of race than any slave trader ever." Williams continued his assault last night on CNN, telling host Roland Martin, "Racists have their own movement. It's called the NAACP."

Dear Mr. Lincoln

We Colored People have taken a vote and decided that we don't cotton to that whole emancipation thing. Freedom means having to work for real, think for ourselves, and take consequences along with the rewards. That is just far too much to ask of us Colored People and we demand that it stop!

In fact we held a big meeting and took a vote in Kansas City this week. We voted to condemn a political revival of that old abolitionist spirit called the 'tea party movement'.

The tea party position to "end the bailouts" for example is just silly. Bailouts are just big money welfare and isn't that what we want all Coloreds to strive for? What kind of racist would want to end big money welfare? What they need to do is start handing the bail outs directly to us coloreds! Of course, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is the only responsible party that should be granted the right to disperse the funds.

And the ridiculous idea of "reduce[ing] the size and intrusiveness of government." What kind of massa would ever not want to control my life? As Coloreds we must have somebody care for us otherwise we would be on our own, have to think for ourselves and make decisions!

The racist tea parties also demand that the government "stop the out of control spending." Again, they directly target Colored People. That means we Colored People would have to compete for jobs like everybody else and that is just not right.

Perhaps the most racist point of all in the tea parties is their demand that government "stop raising our taxes." That is outrageous! How will we Colored People ever get a wide screen TV in every room if non-coloreds get to keep what they earn? Totally racist! The tea party expects coloreds to be productive members of society?

Mr. Lincoln, you were the greatest racist ever. We had a great gig. Three squares, room and board, all our decisions made by the massa in the house. Please repeal the 13th and 14th Amendments and let us get back to where we belong.

Sincerely

Precious Ben Jealous, Tom's Nephew National Association for the Advancement of Colored People Head Colored Person

This is where it was posted. Home of this dumbass Mark Williams.

http://www.marktalk.com/blog/?p=10387

Wow... Satire is one thing but... come on it's not even that funny. The tea party movement is a bunch of dumbasses with nothing better to do running around complaining about having taxes.

Hahaha what a moron. I love what an ego the tea partiers have. They're a tiny minority that will never accomplish anything, they're just an echo chamber. They might actually be able to get something done if they would stop shooting themselves in the foot for 30 seconds. I am only irritated that by calling themselves Tea Partiers they've besmirched forever the memory of one of the more awesome events in history surrounding the American Revolution. I do find it side-splittingly funny that they seem to think they have grounds to identify ideologically with the Boston Tea Party anti-taxation movement.

Hahaha what a moron. I love what an ego the tea partiers have. They're a tiny minority that will never accomplish anything, they're just an echo chamber. They might actually be able to get something done if they would stop shooting themselves in the foot for 30 seconds. I am only irritated that by calling themselves Tea Partiers they've besmirched forever the memory of one of the more awesome events in history surrounding the American Revolution. I do find it side-splittingly funny that they seem to think they have grounds to identify ideologically with the Boston Tea Party anti-taxation movement.

I find it side-splittingly funny that they also refer to themselves as "teabaggers." You might say that that's what they're doing to history.

They're a tiny minority that will never accomplish anything, they're just an echo chamber.

A minority yes, but a very vocal minority that appears to have a large portion of the Republican establishment under their influence. Don't count them out yet, especially in a political climate rife with cynicism and disappointment.

I do find it side-splittingly funny that they seem to think they have grounds to identify ideologically with the Boston Tea Party anti-taxation movement.
I hope you mean 'anti-taxation without representation' movement. Because they weren't against taxes as a whole. Only current tea partiers are. Which is part of the hilarity--misinterpreting history.

I find it side-splittingly funny that they also refer to themselves as "teabaggers." You might say that that's what they're doing to history.

I find it ****in hilarious that people continue to take things the left says and think its really what the right says.

Like Palin saying she can see Russia from her house - Oh wait, that was SNL.
Or Tea Partiers calling themselves tea baggers - Oh wait, that was MSNBC.

Besides, the NAACP is 100x more racist than the Tea Party could hope to be...

The NAACP is full of idiots. The Tea Party is too particularly for allowing itself to be cast as a single group/party and accepting that. The tea party at first was about rejecting overbearing government regulation and taxation, solely. It brought out people from all three major parties (Democrat, Republican, and Libertarian)

Its losing libertarians like crazy. Democrats are completely gone. Republicans are afraid of it because it's a threat to incumbents, and it has started branching into areas that dont make sense (immigration, abortion etc) As an anti regulatory anti tax group it's completely out of place 'weighing in' on those issues. That only serves to splinter the movement and accomplish nothing at all but alienating people who are against big government but not a Christian fundamentalist (such as myself.)

"tea party" was never supposed to be a defined group but a MOVEMENT against government spending. It lost its way.

Very true. But sticking words in their collective mouths is just poor reporting.

If they'd stayed on message that wouldn't even be an issue. You cant argue with cold hard facts, but the movement has moved away from that and began engaging in the pettiness of usual political discourse in our media (name calling, lies, etc from both sides)

I still support what it stood for a while back against overbearing government regulation but you won't see me at any rally or claiming a 'tea party' title nowadays because its got negative associations now.

I wouldnt say it has negative associations. Its just that, like you said, its become like every other political group, full of all types of people preaching collectively about things few of them understand.

I find it ****in hilarious that people continue to take things the left says and think its really what the right says.

It still had the spirit of what she was saying, which was basically a stupid comment. I mean sure, you can see Big Diomede from Little Diomede, but who the **** cares? She was trying to convey something of meaning, which really has no meaning, and is just a completely useless technical fact, which wasn't what she was trying to convey at all. She was trying to convey something much deeper that wasn't there.

I wouldnt say it has negative associations. Its just that, like you said, its become like every other political group, full of all types of people preaching collectively about things few of them understand.

That's pretty negative to me.

Democrats are full of racist scumbags, too....so are the Republicans....as is the NAACP.

Racists are everywhere, in every group.

You're right! I take it all back! The Tea Party is a respectable group of individuals and Glenn Beck is a hero!

I dont give a shit what you say about Glenn Beck, he is a ****tard of the highest level.

But you cant go generalizing whole groups based on the actions of a few members...

You should face the fact that the Tea Party is now defined by ignorance and racism. It's not "a few members," it's their representation as a whole. Even if their original intentions were unrelated to hatred and bigotry, the group is simply no longer credible and people should learn to distance themselves from it.

You should face the fact that the Tea Party is now defined by ignorance and racism. It's not "a few members," it's their representation as a whole. Even if their original intentions were unrelated to hatred and bigotry, the group is simply no longer credible and people should learn to distance themselves from it.

You mean like the honorable former Democratic senator Robert Byrd, a reknown member of the KKK?

You mean like the honorable former Democratic senator Robert Byrd, a reknown member of the KKK?

He renounced his past and worked for most of his adult life working contrary to the positions he once held.

The Tea Party mostly just denies all the bad apples associated with their group. Basically comparing Robert Byrd to the Tea Party is weird, because he was repentant, where as the tea party doesn't feel they have anything to be repentant about. None of the crazy shit they say, that goes far beyond the "no taxes" message they originally started with, is apparently worth retracting. And man they've gotten into some crazy ass shit lately.

Yes, that is absolutely comparable to huge groups of people, associated directly with a Tea Party protest, shouting "n*gger" and "f*ggot" at members of Congress. Yes, one person's youthful ignorance, not in any way associated with his current politics, is absolutely the same as the entirety of public representation of a political group. How could I be so hypocritical?!

You're right about one thing: groups shouldn't be defined by their extremist members. But when the entire group is wholly represented by extremism and ignorance, then please shut the f*ck up.

Yes, that is absolutely comparable to huge groups of people, associated directly with a Tea Party protest, shouting "n*gger" and "f*ggot" at members of Congress. Yes, one person's youthful ignorance, not in any way associated with his current politics, is absolutely the same as the entirety of public representation of a political group. How could I be so hypocritical?!

You're right about one thing: groups shouldn't be defined by their extremist members. But when the entire group is wholly represented by extremism and ignorance, then please shut the f*ck up.

Damn that first amendment!

The entire tea party is not people that are ignorant or anti-semitic/race/sexual orientation/etc.

Again, its a vocal minority. Because a handful of people in a group of tens of thousands spew hate does not make it the official party beliefs. If that were true, then Nancy Pelosi would make the entire Democratic party look like a bunch of goddamn idiots who only want to screw over the people and increase their powerbase.

Damn that first amendment!

Are you insinuating the first amendment protects a group from being labeled racist? Or was it the "it's a free country!" response to me telling you to f*ck off? What does this mean?

The entire tea party is not people that are ignorant or anti-semitic/race/sexual orientation/etc.

Yeah, maybe not the entire Tea Party, but when many of it's attendees are shouting bigoted slurs at an organized event; that's representation. Any legitimate conservative should know better than to associate with a gang of ignorant lunatics like the Tea Party. Kicking out their leader for being blatantly racist is not going to be enough.

Here's my preemptive response to your comeback:

"That's irrelevant and makes no sense."

yeah it'll probably apply

Are you insinuating the first amendment protects a group from being labeled racist? Or was it the "it's a free country!" response to me telling you to f*ck off? What does this mean?

The 1st Amendment can let people say whatever the hell they want, whether it be racist, or calling someone a racist.

Yeah, maybe not the entire Tea Party, but when many of it's attendees are shouting bigoted slurs at an organized event; that's representation. Any legitimate conservative should know better than to associate with a gang of ignorant lunatics like the Tea Party. Kicking one of them out for being blatantly racist is not going to be enough.

Here's my preemptive response to your comeback:

"That's irrelevant and makes no sense."

yeah it'll probably apply

Define "many." Is it 8 people at a 10,000 person rally? Was Scott Brown and all his people sexist or preaching hate because someone at a rally of his shouted out "We should stick a curling iron up Martha Coakley's butt."?

The 1st Amendment can let people say whatever the hell they want, whether it be racist, or calling someone a racist.

That's irrelevant and makes no sense. In the context of what we are actually arguing about.

man I'm good :cool:

If their representation isn't tarnished by the many bigots at their rallies, how about the original post of this thread: the blatant racism of their goddamn leader? oh wait whoops he was thrown out, representation back to pristine

If every political party threw out all the members who had publically made racist comments, they wouldnt be big enough to have any power....we'd end up like Britain, with 7 different political parties wrestling power constantly...

See the entire premise that there is a Tea "party" with a "leader" that any group has the ability to "throw out" is NOT what it was about at first. It was a grassroots movement. Not an organized entity/political party. That's what killed it.

Here ya go, they got a black guy to systematically prove there are no racists in the Tea Party!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi-miawfDNU&feature=player_embedded#

Excellent, there's even a montage of all the blackies at the party. phew that was a close one, Tea Party, but you're back on your feet

See the entire premise that there is a Tea "party" with a "leader" that any group has the ability to "throw out" is NOT what it was about at first. It was a grassroots movement. Not an organized entity/political party. That's what killed it.

Who cares what it was about at first? Are people sad that these crazy mother****ers stole their name or something? Nothing's stopping a "group" without a "leader" from protesting something now irrelevant to the Tea Party.

Or Tea Partiers calling themselves tea baggers - Oh wait, that was MSNBC.

Besides, the NAACP is 100x more racist than the Tea Party could hope to be...

Elaborate

They cater to a single race.

National Association for the Advancement of Colored People

man you really are dense. like dangerously so. I'm surprised you havent fallen into a wood chipper or giant mixer

Sure never see any asians or latinos at their meetings...there are more blacks in the Tea Party than there are anything but blacks in the NAACP...

<knocks on Ridges forehead> HELLO MCFLY

jebus are you really that dumb or are you just pretending to be?

National Association for the Advancement of Colored People

"Colored in the U.S.A (also coloured in Canadian, British and commonwealth spelling) is a term once widely regarded as a description of black people (i.e., persons of sub-Saharan African ancestry; members of the "Black race") and Native Americans[1]. It should not be confused with the more recent term people of color, which attempts to describe all "non-white peoples", not just black people."

But you admit that it only caters to people of a specific race. They even have guest speakers who talk about how they keep Whitey down, such as that USDA employee recently...

Your use of the demonstrative pronoun 'that' betrays an assumption that we have any idea what the hell you're talking about. Since you have been asked to "elaborate", I don't think that is a safe assumption. "Well remember that time when...?" No, nobody remembers. Elaborate!

Just, you know, for clarification's sake...
we'd end up like Britain, with 7 different political parties wrestling power constantly...
Britain is largely a two party system, in which a third party has managed historically to win a share of power in a coalition government this time around. I've seen other Americans say similar things, like 'we're different to you because we have a two party system' when it's not the case; Labour and Conservative fight back and forth in much the same way that the GOP and Democrats do in America, it's just that the election this time (may have) changed things.

Palin said 'you can see Russia from Alaska' when asked what insight she had into Russia's actions as a result of Russia's proximity to the state. It's still a completely retarded statement, of which, as most people well understand, the 'I can see Russia from my house' line is a parody. Sorry, but you can't blame Palin's stupidity on bogeymen from 'the Left'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back