We Hate Modern Warfare 2

It's hilarious that every profile needs to be ranked up to play with all the weapons in split-screen multiplay on the console versions. That's possible the most overlook and horrendous flaw I've yet to see in a AAA game of this notoriety.

I don't why people would be ashamed to state they like MW2, half the people on here hate it for no ****ing reason, just jumped on the bandwagon.

Because they have a hivemind response to the so called consolized dumbed down games.

Every game should be hardcore, and should aspire to be a work of art. I like how a lot of people here let BC2's campaign failure slide and yet mocks MW2's camapign. I thought MW2 also was a primarily a multiplayer.

The campaign in MW2 was just god awful. There were plot holes you could push the Washington Monument through sideways.

Like how Shephard survived his helicopter exploding and plummeting 100ft to the ground, yet only has a limp afterwards. Or how you manage to yank a knife out of your heart 5 minutes after getting stabbed, and then fling it into Shephard's eye socket.

Not to mention the sheer disgusting audacity of having you killing US soldiers for the last 2 chapters of the game.

Or you spend the first 2/3rds of the game trying to run down and kill Makarov. Then he just dissapears from the story. Never to be heard of again. No conclusion behind that. WTF?

Because they have a hivemind response to the so called consolized dumbed down games.

Every game should be hardcore, and should aspire to be a work of art. I like how a lot of people here let BC2's campaign failure slide and yet mocks MW2's camapign. I thought MW2 also was a primarily a multiplayer.

Yes, because you're on the bandwagon of "Oh pssh, they didn't like it. They are just haters"

The campaign in MW2 was just god awful. There were plot holes you could push the Washington Monument through sideways.

Not to mention the sheer disgusting audacity of having you killing US soldiers for the last 2 chapters of the game.
Are you sure that one is a plot hole?

Eh, fair enough. Think of it as a stupid sandwich. Disgusting gameplay between two slices of plot holes.

You're against killing your own countrymen, yet you're also against public healthcare.

Zing!

<3 jk etc.

Or you spend the first 2/3rds of the game trying to run down and kill Makarov. Then he just dissapears from the story. Never to be heard of again. No conclusion behind that. WTF?
You talk to him near the end, he tells you where to find Shephard. No, you never encounter him in person, but... come on, sequel much?

That's like saying "HL2 was great but the fact that you never get to fight Breen is a HUGE PLOTHOLE."

The whole main story of the game was to hunt down Makarov, but then it made a sharp left turn into Shephard.

The whole main story of the game was to hunt down Makarov, but then it made a sharp left turn into Shephard.

Because Shepard was the one who pretty much masterminded the thing to turn himself into a war hero.
The game isn't going for a story O.K ? I think it dropped all pretenses of that when you

had to go undercover and kill all that civilians

I stopped trying to make sense of the story after that.

And also you think that killing U.S. soldiers near the end is disgusting. Hmmm.

O.K. guys here is an announcement. I am going to make a skeleton of a story of a new game project. It will feature a PLA soldier and a Jihad Force 141 operative as it's protagonists. it will be called

Call Of Jihad: Allah's Duty.

How does that sound ?

People that say they 'hate' this game obviously expect way too much from video games. sure the story isn't that great but the game play isn't as bad as you all say it is.

Yeah, they should forget about the Half-Life games and lower their standards.

You're against killing your own countrymen, yet you're also against public healthcare.

Zing!

<3 jk etc.

They have coverage (military, somewhat) so they matter to mr. bootstraps in a way

Like how Shephard survived his helicopter exploding and plummeting 100ft to the ground, yet only has a limp afterwards. Or how you manage to yank a knife out of your heart 5 minutes after getting stabbed, and then fling it into Shephard's eye socket.

I just seriously didn't care towards the end. Price kept saying that we have to stop Shephard or he'll write history and make himself a hero so we have to hunt him down an kill him. WTF? Could you not just gather evidence and reveal to the world that he's a bitch instead of fighting through a hundred special forces soldier to get to him? Especially at the very end when you are nearly dead and just carrying a knife and you're objective is just to kill Shephard. I felt like I was a ****ing zombie. Seriously, the read vision, the shampling walk, killing helpless soldier and stalking singlemindedly towards Shephard to kill him because there was nothing else to do. It was exactly like being a zombie and it was totally pointless. After I killed Shephard the only thing going through me head was "Well that wasn't ****ing worth it."

Yeah, they should forget about the Half-Life games and lower their standards.
Because the Half-Life games are the be all end all of shooters and judging games by metrics besides storytelling and characters (like, oh I don't know, superior gunplay) is pure folly. Call of Duty more like Call of Halo: Modern Consolefare am I right.

I was put off by the gameplay and I thought it tried to hard to be awesome. Snowmobile chases, the airport level, Russian invasion and so forth. The gameplay lacked the spirit and immersion of 5 because of how far fetched it was. This game just felt rather daft to be honest. I think this game is overrated, overhyped and deserves all the hate it gets and more. This game needed immersion and believability.

Yeah I wish instead of fighting through hundreds of armed forces and plummeting off a waterfall in a boat before shooting a wounded soldier and throwing a knife in the bad guys face we gathered evidence on shepherd and watched as the exciting court case unfolded.

Tch, don't buy an action game next time.

lol I played some MW2 on my 360 today with my Latino co-workers effing hilarious.

No matter how much we say we hate it, we all buy it.

Regardless of how you feel about it, its the fact that you DID buy it in the first place that leads the publishers to go ''Holy ***t, look at that income! *picks up phone* MAYK MOAR COD GAMEZ PLX!'

There WILL be a day when we see CoD 20 and more. CoD is one of those games that we're all pretty sure will never die.

So, its like Big Brother. The only way to get it off the TV forever, i.e. the decent thing to do, is to just not watch it, not go anywhere near that channel when its on.

Ratings drop, so the show gets cancelled.

CoD will never die because we always buy it regardless of the reviews.

No matter how much we say we hate it, we all buy it.

I didn't buy it!

Not only does CoD/MW sucks balls, look at the affect the series is having on current fps - developers are becoming scared to deviate from the formula. The new Wolfenstein was a bastardised version of RTCW and CoD, and was ****ing terrible for it. BC2 and the new MoH. We're being inundated with this shit. Say no. Support shooters that try something different!

Where does it go from here? First it was WW2 dominated, now its Modernized warfare dominated. What could they possibly do next?

What could they possibly do next?

Anything and everything - that's the beauty of video games.

How about a class based fps set in something similar to the Zeno Clash world, complete with ****ed up objectives and odd creatures to ride. Or a homage to Golden Eye - something fast designed for tight 2 vs. 2 or 3 vs. 3 John Woo style akimbo gun worship. I'd like a fps that involved base building as well as objectives -fighting over resources that alow you to improve your bases defense and contruct better weapons and equipment to attack the other team.

Coming soon from Activison!
Call of Duty: Prehistoric Warfare
Call of Duty: Martian Warfare
Call of Duty: Internet Forum Warfare
Call of Duty: Underwater Warfare
Call of Duty: Imaginary Warfare
Call of Duty: Corporate Warfare
Call of Duty: World of Warfare

The co-op missions were good to play whilst drinking a few beers with your mates. It was fun which was all I expected. Definitely a rental game though.

Coming soon from Activison!
Call of Duty: Prehistoric Warfare
Call of Duty: Martian Warfare
Call of Duty: Internet Forum Warfare
Call of Duty: Underwater Warfare
Call of Duty: Imaginary Warfare
Call of Duty: Corporate Warfare
Call of Duty: World of Warfare

I lol'd.

Because the Half-Life games are the be all end all of shooters and judging games by metrics besides storytelling and characters (like, oh I don't know, superior gunplay) is pure folly. Call of Duty more like Call of Halo: Modern Consolefare am I right.

Yea, Half-Life does have pretty horrible gunplay, you're definitely right there.

Is it sad that I still judge every game against the original Counter-Strike, and nothing has equaled it yet?

I didn't buy it!

Not only does CoD/MW sucks balls, look at the affect the series is having on current fps - developers are becoming scared to deviate from the formula. The new Wolfenstein was a bastardised version of RTCW and CoD, and was ****ing terrible for it. BC2 and the new MoH. We're being inundated with this shit. Say no. Support shooters that try something different!

Yet when shooters do try something new, such as AvP, they get beaten down for not having the features that CoD does. The amount of times I've heard people complaining that the game had no iron sights which is a bad thing because "all AAA shooters must have iron sights" is unbelievable.
Or Mirrors Edge, which everybody decided was shit upon release until they actually played it when it was going for a fiver due to poor sales then decided it was a flawed masterpiece. Same with Dead Space.
People take what these people say as gospel and never try the games which deviate from the norm, then they either end up with bad sales or shitty reviews so no sequel is ever made.

I didn't buy/don't enjoy MW2 a bunch, and I don't like AvP. Definitely not because I felt the game was terrible anyway!

A lot of people just like to hate on a new game because it's not Super Mario World or Half-Life 1 or something nostalgic. We're doing the same thing old people do... "Back in my day...."

I feel old now :(

The amount of times I've heard people complaining that the game had no iron sights which is a bad thing because "all AAA shooters must have iron sights" is unbelievable.

Don't start me on iron sights! Taking the skill out of shooters since 2000.

I agree - people are philistines and ever since the playstation generation there have been alot of people in gaming. I'm hoping Brink (despite iron sights - something i'm blaming CoD for!) will be good. Lead and Gold might be fun.

Thanks **** for TF2 and L4D.

lol I played some MW2 on my 360 today with my Latino co-workers effing hilarious.

It is funny you should specifically mention your co workers ethnicity. Not being PC here, it's just that you are Unozero after all and you have a history of umm, outspoken views on race. Or is it retarded ?

I don't think iron sights are a good or a bad thing. I think it depends on the game. In Cod it works but in half-life or unreal it would not. I do not think that all shooters should have iron sights. I do not think there is one perfect formula for a game.

I like the call of duty series (apart form 6) don't get me wrong but I am getting sick and tired of its influence on the gaming industry. I want to see more linear twitch shooters like unreal. Damn I love that game. Open world games are another thing I am getting fed up with. Not to say that all new games should be innovative but if they are going to do another formula than I would rather it be a timeless classic rather than another modern warfare game. I am done with modern warfare.

Don't start me on iron sights! Taking the skill out of shooters since 2000.
I agree that iron sights are a bit too common in shooters now, probably owing to CoD's success, but uhh...

What?

Yeah... poor implementations of ironsights. Ironsights themselves, if anything, add to tactical depth.

I hate the affect they have on gameplay. When you meet someone in battle you both aim and slow down to a walking speed, slowing down gameplay. Accuracy is also considerably less precise - the sight bounces around and introduces an element of luck. Add all this to a game in which it only take a few hits to kill and you get camping. Too slow, too much luck, and tactics which involve hoping to see the enemy before they see you. Teamplay and tactics are more involved in shooters that are about fluid movement, reactions and twitch aim.

Back