Weekend Deal: 66% Off The Orange Box

AciD

Reaction score
This weekend you can buy The Orange Box 66% off standard price. Unbelievable deal for ?5.66 | $9.99 | 9.99?
[br]<div align="center"></div>
The Orange Box features three highly-awaited new games by Valve: Half-Life? 2: Episode Two, the second installment in the Half-Life 2 episodic trilogy; Team Fortress? 2, the sequel to the game that put class-based, multiplayer team warfare on the map; and Portal, the game that blends puzzles, first person action, and adventure gaming to produce an experience like no other.
You can visit The Orange Box store page here.

Holy shit.
Deal of the century for those who don't have any of the games.

Or for someone who's been VAC banned and needs to make a new account with the games. :D

This in my opinion is the best deal ever on Steam.

edit: I've just bought a 2nd copy for my other Steam account, 5 games...£1 each, and TF2 still being updated.

Valve is crazy but very very smart.

Gotta love the one-to-one euro-dollar rate. Also, pound symbol and euro symbol are broken in the OP.

Funny that $9.99 = €7.5, yet they keep asking €9.99 ;o

This has to be the best offer off of steam to date! GET IT!

Yeah I bought this, and its an amazing set, going to gift some games to my friends. I want to share this with everyone!!! even my grandma!!!

Damn, these days it's cheaper to lure kids into your van with games than with candy.

Man that's a great deal. Although I managed to get mine for $25 about a month after it came out :p.

Dang, I just bought this a few weeks ago. Wish they would have told me. I might get another copy like Glenn since it's so tempting.

ZT, I lol'd at your post.

And I'll be buying me some extra copies.

Are their sales doing that poorly? I don't know about you but this has me worried.

Are their sales doing that poorly? I don't know about you but this has me worried.

Er, no. They're experimenting with sales (Gabe talked about this last time). Creating interest in a set or purchase drives up sales through the roof, even after the sale itself. Valve already more than made back their money on the development of OB, so every sale generates revenue.

Gabe talked about this at that big event thing he spoke for. I forgot the name of it, but it was a couple months back.

quite the contrary, in fact Valve Studios may be doing trading soon I heard. But Steam is now the new Walmart for games. Sell in bulk really cheap and your profits go sky high. After every release, patch and price drop for Left4Dead they recieved a major bump in profits and thats why the Steam Weekend Deals is great. You go in, shop around and you feel happy as well as Gabe

Best deal ever!
If I didn't have any of those games, I would've bought it instantly.

we should first find out of anyone has not played these games on the site

Bought it! Despite the $=€ issue and despite the fact that I bought Portal some time ago for 9,99€. Too good of deal to pass up.
I just wish I could give away my extra copy of Portal :/

You should be able to. When I bought Orange Box I already had HL2 and EP1 and now I can gift those to other people.

I too bought another copy for myself. Hehe

Bearing in mind that the orange box came out a year and a half ago, the fact that its still worth bothering with a sale suggests the sales are still good, otherwise they would be promoting something else.

Seriously, if you want to see a game make money, wait till ep3 comes out. Also, if you want to see what happens when a game company accidentally DDOS's visa, wait till ep3 comes out...

Bearing in mind that the orange box came out a year and a half ago, the fact that its still worth bothering with a sale suggests the sales are still good, otherwise they would be promoting something else.

Seriously, if you want to see a game make money, wait till ep3 comes out. Also, if you want to see what happens when a game company accidentally DDOS's visa, wait till ep3 comes out...

I don't know. It's too cheap. That's what makes it suspicious to me. We are talking about 5 games here.
You got games like COD 4 who came out around the same time and they are still selling it for the full price. No company lowers its prices this low just out of kindness. Even if it's Valve.

I don't know. It's too cheap. That's what makes it suspicious to me. We are talking about 5 games here.
You got games like COD 4 who came out around the same time and they are still selling it for the full price. No company lowers its prices this low just out of kindness. Even if it's Valve.

It's weekend a sale, they're doing it because they want to make (a lot) more money off of it. For example, when they had the Steam weekend sale for Left 4 Dead at 50% off, it had a 3000% increase in sales. That means that they made about 1500% more money from the sales of Left 4 Dead for it's weekend sale then if they didn't have the weekend sale.

Valve always does these craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy deals, and why can't I gift the other games if I buy it?

BioShock was on sale a few mos back for $5 I think (correct me if I'm wrong) it wasn't because 2k Games is in financial trouble it's to boost sales for a game that has already been out for some time. Sales die down after the initial release so this is again a way to boost sales/profit for the weekend. The Orange Box already made all its money back for Valve and some profit so this deal is pretty much pure profit minus bandwidth (most likely already leased so this may not effect profit) and merchant fees.

BioShock was on sale a few mos back for $5 I think (correct me if I'm wrong) it wasn't because 2k Games is in financial trouble it's to boost sales for a game that has already been out for some time. Sales die down after the initial release so this is again a way to boost sales/profit for the weekend. The Orange Box already made all its money back for Valve and some profit so this deal is pretty much pure profit minus bandwidth (most likely already leased so this may not effect profit) and merchant fees.

Yes, I bought BioShock during that promotion and I can confidently say that it was probably the best five bucks I have EVER spent. Great deal, even greater game, and everyone wins. Heck, I might even buy BioShock 2 on release day because of that Weekend Deal.

[quote="Steam Support]Extra copies are a special promotion for users who:

1. Purchase the “Left 4 Dead Four Pack” on Steam
2. Own “Half-Life 2” and/or “Half-Life 2: Episode One” and then go on to purchase “The Orange Box” or the "Valve Complete Pack"
3. Own “Half-Life 2: Episode One” and/or “Half-Life 2: Episode Two” and then go on to purchase the "Half-Life 2: Episode Pack”
[/quote]

*message here*

Back