Welcome to the Modification News Forum

rec

Reaction score
Hi guys,

You may be asking yourself, what is the actual purpose of this forum? Why not just post mod news in the main news forum?

A number of mod team members from various HL2 modification projects will be given access to post threads in this forum, only they will be able to post new threads.

They'll be keeping HalfLife2.Net updated with the latest news and media about their mod, and will give you the opportunity to comment.

Not only will they be gaining exposure and promoting their work to the thousands upon thousands that visit HalfLife2.Net, but do us a favour in return by helping us present the most comprehensive HL2 mod news on the web.

Each week posts in here will be rounded up and reviewed, and a post will be made on the main news page with highlights from the mod updates mentioned in this forum...

If you're a modification enthusiast and are interested in the scene, this will shortly grow to be your haven. Enjoy.

If you're a mod team member playing the role of PR (public relations) or lead developer and would like access to post news regarding your mod in this forum, please contact Munro at [email protected]

Enthusiastic regards,
Jamie 'rec' Skella

SWEET! im the first person to reply YAY!

btw if some one just started making a mod will they have to report to you to get access for this forum?

*EDIT* errr do u guys see 2 post of mine?

So i guess we have mod news now too

This is a great idea, you're doing a great job in becoming the "definitive hl2 source" as your title graphic describes!

And now for a (hopefully) useful suggestion; instead of posting only one news article in one week about one modification that had interesting news? Why not post about more? You can combine more then one mod into one post, etc, and while you're at it, why not post more often then once per week? Post as you see interesting mod news? After all, waiting almost a week for a post will make it old news. And posting only about one is not enough! If theres two good news items, one gets shoved out the door, obviously not good.

Anyways, I'd love to participate in your forums, I have my own budding mod ( www.vinoisnotouzo.com/1973 ) but it's not in nearly the professional shape to announce freely yet. In time, my friends, in time.

Keep up the good work guys!

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, this is going better than I initially expected.

There are over 270 mods listed under development at this time. I wish you the best of luck in your coverage. Hopefully there are diamonds in the rough for us to see.

I believe there should be a cap on how many mod groups you take on Rec, after a while this place is going to get cluttered, the only way I can see that would stop this happening is,

We have one thread for each mod and just keep updating that single thread?

Anyone agree with that?

I believe the cap should be that teams/individuals must show some potential. As in they need to have some well though out concepts, some models, textures, sounds. Enough to show that they are serious about their MOD, and that it is more than idea. Prove that some time and effort is actually going into the MOD. I’m currently withholding info about my MOD because I want a significant amount of media ready before I go public.

Side note: If your mod is going to suck, rather than wasting your efforts, merge with another MOD team to make a MOD twice as good!

We're keeping a tight lid on what we release these days, but I'll show this to our leader and our PR man

EDIt: bhaha i see I'm too late we're already in the list :) *sigh* noone tells me anything :p

eDIT2: were have the smilies gone? :/

:afro:

Rec can you please add my MOD? It is called Operation Rolling Thunder.
The website is under construction.

You're kidding me. Is it a remake of the original Rolling Thunder?

Has anyone noticed that the name of this forum is mis-spelled?

Modificaton News. :E

Originally posted by phantomdesign
I believe the cap should be that teams/individuals must show some potential. As in they need to have some well though out concepts, some models, textures, sounds. Enough to show that they are serious about their MOD, and that it is more than idea. Prove that some time and effort is actually going into the MOD. I’m currently withholding info about my MOD because I want a significant amount of media ready before I go public.

Side note: If your mod is going to suck, rather than wasting your efforts, merge with another MOD team to make a MOD twice as good!

I agree, keep just the good promising mods and then the other best of the best will turn up too, raise the bar so to speak. Maybe some test for them, as phantom suggests with concepts and stuff, maybe a minumum requirement in each area before they will be submitted and given any space.. Hey maybe offer hosting for the best of all of them toward the end? If the lesser mods want to be included, they just have to improve themselves first. Result, everyone is a winner, the fans see great mods on the site and the mods themselves try do better, or something like that :D

Originally posted by Duracell

We have one thread for each mod and just keep updating that single thread?

Anyone agree with that?

I keep updating the Operation Everlasting Shadow thread in General Editing... but we got posting rights here too now :)

Anyway... we'll be having our first big news thing soon for you all ;)

this is a really nice idea of you guys to start this forum, i hope it all turns out great, and we get the latest MOD news here!
i'v PM'd you also, i will be bringing the news of Off Limits
www.off-limits.be (i already have a post ready, but still no acces to post it :))

Originally posted by simon
this is a really nice idea of you guys to start this forum, i hope it all turns out great, and we get the latest MOD news here!
i'v PM'd you also, i will be bringing the news of Off Limits
www.off-limits.be (i already have a post ready, but still no acces to post it :))

ditto

Pendragon said:
I've got to agree there--it'd make the Mod News forum much more neat and tidy, which would be a great improvement over the current randomness. All in all, though, it's a great idea regardless.
I thought I suggested this in the beginning? No matter, I completely agree, though with the .dev on its way this area probably wont be needed no more.

Fenric1138 said:
though with the .dev on its way this area probably wont be needed no more.
??.dev?? am I missing something :)
what's .dev? never read anything about that here :eek:

InfInIte said:
??.dev?? am I missing something :)
what's .dev? never read anything about that here :eek:
do a few searches, there's a number of mentions of it on the forum.. Or beg Majestic for info, if you give him money he'll tell you something about it ;)

Me be webmaster of Edge of Justice. Me get post rights? *cuddles mod* :bounce:

Watch out cuddling that thing, FuSeD, you might get infested with Marauders :E.

So, can FuSeD be newsed? Er... news dude?

What the hell happened to rec? He hasn't posted here for 2 months.

Back