What content/features would you like to see?

Munro

ValveTime Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could be anything you want as long as it's related to Valve, HL2 or Source. We're going to be adding a lot of pages over the next week so if you want us to get started please let us know.

Apart from Alyx pron, I'd like to see mod previews, reviews and interviews. That would be great :)

You'll see a lot of mod reviews appearing this week starting with Plan of Attack 2.1. We'll also grab some teams to interview and any mods nearing release we'll write a preview for.

I'm glad it's finally up. :)

As states before, an enlargement of the "Forum"-link would do good. Other than that it seems pretty good. I haven't had time to look everything through though.

Something like a simple walkthrough to validate steam files etc, I know its on steampowered, but some people will come to halflife2.net for help, before they go to the steam website.

I'm glad the content is finally up, its great!

Possibly some sort of Wiki about the HL2.net community...though I don't really care about that sort of thing, maybe someone out there does.

And also.

/me thinks /me should be fixed.

Yesh.

Any other content would also be great.

A tutorial section?

I'd glady write up some tutorials for anything I could help with if there was a user-tutorial section....Compiling models and textures, Hammer requests etc.

Shens said:
Possibly some sort of Wiki about the HL2.net community...though I don't really care about that sort of thing, maybe someone out there does.

And also.

* Shens thinks /me should be fixed.

Yesh.

Any other content would also be great.

You mean like this?

I'd like some screenshots within the walkthrough to break it up abit.. its like a novel atm, hard to read in sections, same with some of the other stuff. Looks pretty good though, looking forward to the css/hl2 leagues.

oldagerocker said:
I'd like some screenshots within the walkthrough to break it up abit.. its like a novel atm, hard to read in sections, same with some of the other stuff. Looks pretty good though, looking forward to the css/hl2 leagues.

Good point. Some screens wouldn't go amiss.

GonzoBabbleshit said:
A tutorial section?

I'd glady write up some tutorials for anything I could help with if there was a user-tutorial section....Compiling models and textures, Hammer requests etc.

We do have a tutorials section now although no one to write the content. If you can help please email me :)

Well, the way I was thinking is having it similar to Interlopers.net....have a 'submitted tutorials' forum and an actual 'tutorials' section. Then any submitted tutorials are free for anyone to look around and comment on until a member of staff declares them fit for going in the tutorials section. Obviously this would require a member of staff to watch over, and/or write things in...which like I say...I would be happy to help out on.

Just some little things which are a picky i guess e.g.
sorting the /me command
the colour of links, preferably underlined, its still an issue
a warning system, some people get away with murder, gah.

The new content overal seems to be very good, especially with the walk-thru there should be less people asking when they are stuck, but it needs completing, only 3 chapters done i believe?
Is there a tweaks section, or cvars which we could use for hl2dm or cs source etc?
I think you have most of everything thats needed, just see in the coming days if theres something else that might need adding or improving to, shouldnt be too hard right?

A poll about what?

He's asking for suggestions, he'd have to think of the suggestions himself if he added a poll...

GonzoBabbleshit said:
A poll about what?

He's asking for suggestions, he'd have to think of the suggestions himself if he added a poll...

Something HL2 related perhaps? :p It's not hard to think something random up once a week or so.

For example...

Best Hl2 mod eva?

1. First mod
2. Second mod etc.

or...

1. Does Aftermath totally pwn?

1. Yes
2. No
3. Pwnd!!
4. Compulsory Funny Choice

Though he might want to put in a bit more thought than 10 seconds. :p It can tie in with the news and stuff, like...

Was this last update rubbish?

1. Yes
2. no
3. I demand free peanuts!

Oh I see....As soon as I read "Something HL2 related perhaps?" I realised what you meant!

I thought you meant on this thread, you mean a weekly site poll or something?

Nothing that involves Half-Life 2 directly, but I would like the profile picture back.

Also, the 'the thing allows you to see what other members are doing and when' in their profile. :cheese:

GonzoBabbleshit said:
Oh I see....As soon as I read "Something HL2 related perhaps?" I realised what you meant!

I thought you meant on this thread, you mean a weekly site poll or something?

Now I wonder if that's what Stardog originally intended..heh. :p But still, it's a good idea dammit! :p

KagePrototype said:
Now I wonder if that's what Stardog originally intended..heh. :p But still, it's a good idea dammit! :p

Heh, yeah! Of course he can just pretend he meant that now! :O

I think it's a good idea...I love a good poll! :)

I think you should (/please if you have time) update the TF2 overview to mention that Team Fortress 2 will have deformable terrain - this was confirmed by a valve guy in an interview recently.

YAY :eek:

ne-waller said:
I think you should (/please if you have time) update the TF2 overview to mention that Team Fortress 2 will have deformable terrain - this was confirmed by a valve guy in an interview recently.

YAY :eek:

Well, should be expected as it's a Source game. Although it wont be 100% deformable.

More community based content. Hey, it's mainly going to be us reading it, so you might as well mention us a bit (without iscolating those who don't browse the forums, of course). A perfect example is Sulkdodds new article on HL3- he interviews the community and borrows their ideas- evaluating and expanding on them with his own witty humour. The article is appealing to forumites who can relate to the article personally; as well as HL2 fans who will simply be able to ponder upon the interesting ideas laid forth.

Also; I excpect to see Sulkdodd's comic linked somewhere. It would be stupid not to mention them after the huge response they got for bieng generally brilliant!

Bleh. I wrote more on this here.

Maybe if qck could get off his arse and get working on the IRC game... :O

Suicide42 said:
More community based content.

Personally I'd like to see a community section on the front page where articles on anything can get uploaded and if it were nifty enough stuck into the main sections on the front page.

I would like to see a front page poll as well; it's fun to see what other people think.

Back