What did Valve do to make you mad?

Certainly not enough to make me 'mad' about, but I kind of wished they put a team on remaking HL1 using Source properly, rather than just porting the game. Minor quibble tbh.

steam is a good program but it have alot of bags

I think the idea of Steam is awesome.

I think when it works right, its awesome.

I think when another company tries to implement it into their own games, its a fail.

And the idea of being forced to have an internet connection to play singleplayer games, just so they can update problems on the fly, is kinda idiotic. If you get a net problem and a tech cant come out to fix your line in a few days, and you just want to play any of the HL2 episodes to pass time, you cant. *faceplant*

Constant shifting of release dates is annoying too.

Taking a week or two to get patches out for non-steam games. I waited almost one whole week for a Far Cry 2 patch.

Other than that Steam treats me well.

Taking a week or two to get patches out for non-steam games. I waited almost one whole week for a Far Cry 2 patch.

Other than that Steam treats me well.

Keep in mind that Valve is not asking every developer to send updates to them, they wait until they give them updated files.

i have 2 main grievances with valve:

-their so called "speedy" episodic content.

Compared with the game content and time between releases, Valve is more efficient making the episodes than they were making HL2.

Right now I am pretty pissed because of the dodgy server restart.

Don't you use the when-I-was-young-I-had-to-walk-20-miles-to-school-through-torrential-rain-argument on me, youngen ;-)

Valve do annoy me when they perform Steam maintenance without telling me. Ok, they mention it in the Steam Forum, but they could give a notification on Steam as well. Would prevent me thinking it's a fault on my end and trying to work out what's wrong.

Back