What does G-man get paid with?

Skyace65

Vortigaunt
Reaction score
one thing that's really been bugging me lately, what exactly does G-man and his employers get paid with?

they must get some compensation, they don't do charity work and Breen even said to Gordon that his contract is open to the highest bidder, but what would G-man and his employers get paid with?

it's clearly not paper money, but what else could it be? it wouldn't be supplies or vehicles, he can teleport any ware and get any supplies he wanted with that method pretty much. not even crystals like the ones in Xen could be compensation since those could be taken with ease. which brings up the question, what could they not get easily when they can travel between dimensions?

My only thought is that it's some kind of substance that gives G-man and his employers their power(maybe even amplify it), but something extremely hard to obtain, so maybe connected to a creature somehow, but it would have to be extremely powerful. we've already seen the Extract can enhance vortigaunt powers. I'm thinking something like that but much more powerfull and much harder to obtain

I think the relationship of employer to employee is merely a guise he takes in front of Gordon, and in reality the G-man is more like a single cell bacteria within the stomach of a giant frog-like creature made entirely of transitional star material. He helps protect the frog beast from invading organisms in return for a warm moist environment to spawn his billions upon billions of young.

The frog's name is unknown.

I think the relationship of employer to employee is merely a guise he takes in front of Gordon, and in reality the G-man is more like a single cell bacteria within the stomach of a giant frog-like creature made entirely of transitional star material. He helps protect the frog beast from invading organisms in return for a warm moist environment to spawn his billions upon billions of young.

This is exactly what I was thinking. The G-Man's human appearance is obviously an illusion, I doubt it's even composed of matter the way it's able to shift through space and time like that. More likely I think it is the psychic projection of something utterly unfathomable. An incomprehensible, quivering bulk of scheming thoughts clinging to a glittering asteroid hurtling through some horrific abyss beyond the pale of man's limited scope of reality. He quite reminds me of Lovecraftian beings, particularly Nyarlathotep who both answered to higher powers and had a mischievous penchant for taking mortal form and screwing with people.

Most likely as Lobster said he isn't "paid" with anything at all and merely uses terms like "employment" so as not to overwhelm Gordon's primitive monkey brain with concepts that are utterly beyond his understanding. He is probably simply a servant to powers so monstrous and formidable that even the interdimensional Combine (who are all still vulnerable, mostly organic beings after all despite their technology and prowess) rightly fear.

Nah, I think Kineaesth was right. He gets paid in suitcases. If not suitcases, then ill-fitting neckties.

Which begs the question, how much semen can the G-Man handle?

Back