What does HEV stand for?

Reaction score
Well as the title suggests what does it wtand for. I know that HE stands for Hazerdous Enviroment but what does the V stand for? Veichal?

The 'V' itself doesn't stand for anything. It's just apart of the word 'Environment'.

Hazardous Environment (HEV) Suit

It could easily stand for vehicle actually. Space suits are called vehicles. I mean, that's because they have jetpacks but... :upstare:

Yea, when space men go walking its called EVA (Extra Vehicular Activity)
And BTW sulkodds (please dont ban me for this) Space Suits no-longer have "jetpacks" as they were to expensive, now they have an extreamly advanced piece of tech, a pice of rope

Its true dude, you ask a NASA man or whoever the hell is space central for russia AND is not corrupt and they say. "we use an epidermas compound, rotated to an intergrety increased manipulation device"
of course if you ask the janitor it would probably be a different answer

Yes, the most advanced technology in the world: A piece of rope.

Sulkdodds said:
It could easily stand for vehicle actually. Space suits are called vehicles. I mean, that's because they have jetpacks but... :upstare:
Hazardous Enviroment Vehicle Suit. Now that dosn't sound righ.

We could always call it the HE Mach 4, but it doesn't have the same ring to it.

ríomhaire said:
Hazardous Enviroment Vehicle Suit. Now that dosn't sound righ.

No No No No, that would not be true, as when you step into it in HL1 it says

HEV Suit said:
Welcome to the HEV Mark 4 protective suit, for use in hazerdouse enviroment

Not welcome to the HEV suit Mark 4. HEV suit is made by HL players

Hey, it works and it sounds cool.
And PCV or PVC are too close to each other, just creepy.

Also, one is a "Vest" the other is a "Suit"

Yeah, also, wy does everyone think it's 'mach 3' when it's really obviously 'mark 3'?

Sulkdodds said:
Yeah, also, wy does everyone think it's 'mach 3' when it's really obviously 'mark 3'?
Because it's a mark 5.

lol
Okay, here is Goes

HL1: Mark 4
HL2: Mark 5
Redemption: (MOD of an unknown timeframe, no relevance to plot) Mark 6 (And its grey :D)

They still have "Jet-packs" They shoot compressed air out of them though

Llama said:
lol
Okay, here is Goes

HL1: Mark 4
HL2: Mark 5
in the final half life gordon becomes "the one free man" who can manipulate space and time and doesn't wear a HEV anymore :flame:

but more likely... mark 6

The shuttle suit was called EMU or Extravehicular Mobility Unit.

Calling a suit a 'vehicle' is stretch.

Hazardous Environmental Variable(s)?
Helpless Engineer Vitalizer?
Hairy Elephant Vagina?

Well if you had paid attention to Dr. Kliener's update on the suit, he said "Mark IV Hazardous Enviroment Suit"

Not sure what the V stands for though.

crownest said:
Well if you had paid attention to Dr. Kliener's update on the suit, he said "Mark IV Hazardous Enviroment Suit"

Not sure what the V stands for though.
EnViroment

Yes, and I'd say that's the end of it! Quit suggesting daft ideas! I don't want Valve to pop in and decide to make the next incarnation the Household Eel Violator! RAARGH!!

*ahem*

It's just like how sonar stands for Sound Navigation & Ranging- they added the O because sonar sounds better than snar, and HEV certainly has more of a ring to it than HE.

Which could also be confused with a High Explosive Suit. I blame Americans and their near-fetishtic obsession with making acronyms actual words. Like H.A.M.M.E.R.

Hazardous Environment Vest and trousers and arms also.

...it's a special vest that includes protection for arms and legs, I see nothing wrong with that :p

I still prefer Helpless Engineer Vitalizer. I mean, how else could Gordon Freeman take on the world?

Back