What Happened to Barney??????

freeman1993

Reaction score
When you finish HL2 ep1 Barney gets on the train and leaves. In Ep2 you dont see him at all anybody know what happened??

When you finish HL2 ep1 Barney gets on the train and leaves. In Ep2 you dont see him at all anybody know what happened??

Well, you know that beer he owed you? He got slightly tired of waiting for you to find the appropriate time for the pub-crawl, so he pulled over at the nearest publican to celebrate the resitance's victory. Well, one thing led to another... You know how it goes, the lads got a little tipsy, after all, they hadn't drunk alcohol for nigh on twenty years, so they're immunity to it had degraded slightly. Well... He left the pub as drunk as Santa after staying with Louis Latour for the summer and... Well... Some metro cops pulled him over for "driving whilst under the influence". My reckoning is he's in the frunk tank right now, living it up.

;)

He went to Nova Prospekt. Or at least what's left of it.

They made it pretty darn obvious that he had died, I don't know how some of you missed it...

We missed it because he DID NOT DIE. Everything they tell you about Barney dying is all LIES. Well, at least I want to be all lies.

Man, stop messing with his head. The guy died. He should understand this and get over it.

They should just make a full Episode dedicated to barney and freeman having a beer. They've been putting it off for so long, somebody just set a date and time already!

Reading this thread makes me crave a beer.

*runs to the kitchen to get a Guinness*

Wait... thats not beer! Thats dinner in a glass! :cheers:

Andrew - did you know that guiness actually has less calories... maybe it was carbs... than most regular beers?? I saw a special on it once.

and barney is NOT DEAD.

Barney had been fighting for like, a week. He basically led the Street War. I'm sure he's fast asleep on a couch somewhere.

if ya think about it, barney is basically the field commander, gordon is special ops, and eli is the general.

On a Serious level, I think Barney has possibly gone to look for Mossman, but I'm not sure if he was told about the location of mossman during EP1.
But he could possibly be at some other end of White Forest.

Best bet, he'll be in Episode three.

Barney isnt dead, but he is the second most likely to die in Episode 3, if he is in it at all.

I think Barney is just sitting somewhere safe (not whiteforest) mostly sleeping and having beers saying 'Ha, too bad you not here Gordon...'

He ain't dead. If he was, they would put a lot of emphasis on it since he's a major character.

Barney went further in a train. hmmm, what safe house could he have gone to? He didn't go to White forest, he kept going North. Sooooo, hmmm. It has to be Mossman. Swedish gas stations were a secret message of where you were heading, North.

I don't think barney will die in ep 3, but i also doubt he'll appear too. I bet mossman will be the one who'll die or probably become a stalker.

Someone please tell me if I shouldn't have posted this because the topic hasn't gone humorous yet

The portal explodes derailing Barney's train and thrusting him into the forest around City 17. After Barney climbs out of the wreckage of the train, he makes his way to White Forest. At an abandoned mine, he is gravely wounded by a Hunter while trapped under fallen rubble. He is discovered by a Vortigaunt, who takes him to an underground Resistance base. The Vortigaunts there have the power to heal him; however, they must journey into the nearby Antlion colony to recover larval extract necessary for the healing ritual.

After Barney has recovered, he proceeds to the surface. There he see that a large group of Combine forces in the distance is moving towards White Forest. He acquires a working car and proceed at top speed, slowed down by multiple Combine ambushes. Barney also encounters an encapsulated Combine Advisor, which He attempts to kill by damaging its life support system. The Advisor awakens and demonstrates its telekinetic powers, pinning him to a wall. It seems unaware of what it is holding, as it crushes a barrel and stabs a dead rebel with a tentacle-like tongue before an explosion wounds it, forcing it to flee.

Arriving at White Forest Barney goes about finding beer for Gordon not realizing that Gordon beat him to White Forest by a couple hours and already left by helicopter, it's all very awkward.

and yes this is a edited summary of HL2EP2 and if you haven't noticed by now I feel great pity for you.

No. He's dead. Valve announced it last week.

You miss that bulletin?

that made me LOL :LOL:

Someone please tell me if I shouldn't have posted this because the topic hasn't gone humorous yet

The portal explodes derailing Barney's train and thrusting him into the forest around City 17. After Barney climbs out of the wreckage of the train, he makes his way to White Forest. At an abandoned mine, he is gravely wounded by a Hunter while trapped under fallen rubble. He is discovered by a Vortigaunt, who takes him to an underground Resistance base. The Vortigaunts there have the power to heal him; however, they must journey into the nearby Antlion colony to recover larval extract necessary for the healing ritual.

After Barney has recovered, he proceeds to the surface. There he see that a large group of Combine forces in the distance is moving towards White Forest. He acquires a working car and proceed at top speed, slowed down by multiple Combine ambushes. Barney also encounters an encapsulated Combine Advisor, which He attempts to kill by damaging its life support system. The Advisor awakens and demonstrates its telekinetic powers, pinning him to a wall. It seems unaware of what it is holding, as it crushes a barrel and stabs a dead rebel with a tentacle-like tongue before an explosion wounds it, forcing it to flee.

Arriving at White Forest Barney goes about finding beer for Gordon not realizing that Gordon beat him to White Forest by a couple hours and already left by helicopter, it's all very awkward.

and yes this is a edited summary of HL2EP2 and if you haven't noticed by now I feel great pity for you.

dang what a story. sounds familiar though :cheese:

Barney is doing his part in rebuilding humanity.

Meaning, he's banging and partying in Dr. Love's Silo in White Forest.

It's going to funny to see Barney's reaction now that Lamarr is gone.

ironically, it will be lamarr that saves the world, kills gman and takes the lid of a fresh bottle of beer barney just cant seem to open...

There should be a chapter in Episode Three where Alyx goes off to do some kind of crap and we are left with Barney as a companion. We haven't really had any alone side-by-side fighting with him yet.

Back