What happened to the Forums? Why's "Games and Gaming" gone?

bassport

Spy
Reaction score
I seem to have missed an update here! Where's the general discussion forum gone?

I used to read the "Games and Gaming" forum quite regularly where is it now?

Do I have to be logged in to see the forums?

This is currently unclear. Apparently so, but whether this is an accident or not I'm not sure.

I fear there are sinister powers at work here.

I require you to rectify this anomaly. Now.

Or else, I'll..

do something. Yeah.

Just log in. Problem solved.

May I ask why you changed this?

As you can see by my post count I'm more of a lurker (although I've been on here since seven years, longer than most of you, it seems) so it is quite nice to be able to read the forums without having to be logged in everytime. Just sayin'...

It's all tied into the infraction system, and to encourage people to actually join to become part of the community.

I think people not logged in should be able to see the index for the off-topic forums, but if they try to click it, it just asks them to join or sign in for them to view. Thus, profit.

I second that, at the moment if you are not logged in the whole off-topic section is invisible.

If you are new to the site, you won't even know it exists, probably reducing the chances of someone signing up, since that is the popular section of the forum.

The parent section should be public read with restrictions each sub forums, so people can see the thread counts and know there is stuff going on inside, but have to signup to see it.

I hate sites that makes me sign up for shit. Just leave it open. Or you'll seem like dicks. Just saying.

encourage people to actually join to become part of the community.

Uh... huh? People are going to come here and its going to look like a ghost town if all they can see are the on-topic boards. I mean, I just figured you made us invisible out of shame for what you guys created. You know, hide the riffraff. I was ok with that, it made sense. But this reason here, it just don't make no sense. And as such, I cannot be OK with it. I demand you change your reason for making us invisible to "Hiding the Riffraff."

:arms:

I think we should take a vote on this (that will fundamentally undermine the authority of the ruling elite and therefore leave them no choice but to alter the results of said vote through such means that'll further dehumanize the administration and ensure that their iron grip on the lower castes is never relinquished).

Power to the numbers!

But seriously, make it visible for lurkers.

I often show other people threads for information of new stuff to gather their opinion, but now its blocked to them, and then i have to copy and paste a whole bunch of crap + links over msn, do you know msn has a word limit, do you!

You are putting us at a disadvantage here, its a big sterilization to your userbase.

It's true. How would people know to join and participate if they don't know what they're missing?

The "new" login feature is annoying. I'm using a touch screen. Please remove this feature ASAP. I will leave. Thanks.

Back