What in the world is Blizzard Entertainment up to?

Cole

Reaction score
www.battle.net
Look, at that site. Now there is a date on each picture, there are a total of 7 pictures.
The date is 10/7/05(Tommarow).
Blizzcon is 27/28th
The pictures are a Lich, Orc, Night Elf, Terran, Hydralisk, Diablo, and a Lich picture with .999_=1(a old april fools thing).
Now in the source code it also says -Get Ready-

All I can think of is,
3wc3 pictures, 2sc, 1diablo
3,2,1 Get Ready but for what?

What is Blizzard Entertainment up to? Blizzcon is to far away...what could it be?

Oooohh that Hydralisk is so cool! ...I love StarCraft. :)
Maybe they are announcing the death of Ghost? I wouldn't mind that, seeing as how it was for consoles only. It's already been delayed to the grave as it is.

I have no idea what it could be, maybe they've decided to create a new series.
That might be pretty cool.

Minerel said:
picture with .999_=1(a old april fools thing).

I remember that, their proof is right.

All I can think of is,
3wc3 pictures, 2sc, 1diablo
3,2,1 Get Ready but for what?

Did you figure that out on your own? or off another forum? Because if you did, I'm impressed.

By the way, I clicked on it about 20 times and still haven't seen the lich.

Did you figure that out on your own? or off another forum? Because if you did, I'm impressed.
By myself. I found out about what was happening on blizzforums then I immediatly looked at the source code and clicked refresh about a 100 times to see all the damn pictures. Took forever to find that Diablo one. At first I was wondering why the Human and Protoss were missing, but once I found the Diablo picture(which most havn't found) I relized 3 2 1.

Maybe they are announcing the death of Ghost? I wouldn't mind that, seeing as how it was for consoles only. It's already been delayed to the grave as it is.
You don't get ghost. Ghost was oringally being developed by Nihilistic which Blizzard overlooked. Nihilistic kept on making a bad game and blizzard kept on delaying it so they would have more time.
Eventually Blizzard took it out of there hands and gave it to swingin ape studios. Swingin Ape Studios have only released media of what they did to it at E3. Also at E3 Blizzard announced they acquired Swingin Ape Studios(Thus a console division made up of 40 people), and that could only mean that Swingin Ape Studios did an outstanding Blizzard Quality job for Blizzard to acquire and hire all of them.

I continually refreshed and got to see the lich, but it didn't have the .999 thing on it, then I kept on hitting refressh and ended up getting the .999_ thing with the warcraft III necromancer.

yay for viral marketing.

have you tried decompiling the .swf to find any extra info ?

For the .999 = 1

splash_9.jpg

.. or diablo 3 !

there has already been rumorus about d3 though haven't there ?

They way I see it is Starcraft 2 can't possibly be crap. Blizzard have been to nice to the Warcraft fans, time to get some attention back onto SC.

destrukt said:
.. or diablo 3 !

there has already been rumorus about d3 though haven't there ?
Unless they take it back to the original, I don't want another Diablo. If they keep going in the same direction they took with Diablo II... I'm not interested. I can play Dungeon Siege if I want a mindless hack and slash RPG. Plus, there have already been two Diablo games. There's only one StarCraft... and the graphics are locked at such a small resolution. StarCraft needs an update more than Diablo.

OCybrManO said:
Unless they take it back to the original, I don't want another Diablo. If they keep going in the same direction they took with Diablo II... I'm not interested. I can play Dungeon Siege if I want a mindless hack and slash RPG. Plus, there have already been two Diablo games. There's only one StarCraft... and the graphics are locked at such a small resolution. StarCraft needs an update more than Diablo.

Yes. Especially with my 24 inch (I'm not kidding) moniter, the graphics look worse than ever before.

that's true, a sequel to diablo [2] would be quite hard .. i just <3 diablo so much :s

sc2 would be awesome though, and i can't see them not doing it [eventually].

15357 said:
Yes. Especially with my 24 inch (I'm not kidding) moniter, the graphics look worse than ever before.

Ouch. I still play online on my old win 98 SE (lite) machine for most old games. 15inch LCD.

Unless they take it back to the original, I don't want another Diablo. If they keep going in the same direction they took with Diablo II... I'm not interested.
I 100% fully agree. The oringal had a little spooky type thing with the Oringal one. Just something there the D2 didn't have. I loved D2 but the oringal has alot more atmosphere.

but I think Blizzard needs to go back to Diablo

I concur, Diablo 3 would be nice if they could get back the atmosphere of D1.

Although honestly I would be happier with a new series.

Please let it be something StarCraft related. But I doubt it. I would think that such a promo would be a little more centred on the SC theme if it were the case. This is a mishmash of everything...

OH GOD I WANT IT TO BE STARCRAFT TWO, OH GOD OH GOD

But it won't be.

MAYBE IT'S KERRIGAN SECKS

Come on, that would appeal to somebody, wouldn't it?

Absinthe said:
MAYBE IT'S KERRIGAN SECKS

Come on, that would appeal to somebody, wouldn't it?
ummm... i actually remember having some nasty thoughts about her when the game came out :eek: .... so, yeah, that would be nice :E

That's one thing I'd like to see in the next Diablo. Slightly less hacking and more exploring. They don't even need to go with 3D graphics. I still think Diablo II (with the expansion pack) looks beautiful. Add in a few more frames of animation and some nifty new particle effects, and we've got ourselves an awesome-looking game. People don't realise how good 2D graphics can get.
Diablo 2 is part 3D......

.but I think Blizzard needs to go back to Diablo,
Blizzard is infact 2 diffrent companies combined.
Blizzard North(Oringally Condor) joined Blizzard Entertainment and then they released Diablo.
Blizzard North makes Diablo Games and only Diablo(as we know).
Blizzard Entertainment makes the RTS games of Blizzard.

Thus D3 and Sc2 can be worked on at the same time, easily.

because I'm rather bored with RTS games at the moment, and a lot of people who played Starcraft have moved on to Warcraft III.
Yes Alot of people who did, but Starcraft still tops out at more people than Wc3.
Wc3 probably Averages 5 - 10k more people than Sc.
Sc still averages a nice 20-60k people. Wc3 seems to be more 40k average. At peak time Battle.net usually is at about 320,000 people with 150,000 starcraft users.

Minerel said:
Diablo 2 is part 3D......

You sure? I don't think so, I may be wrong. I definitely agree though, 2D is generally better for top-down games such as Diablo.

You sure? I don't think so, I may be wrong. I definitely agree though, 2D is generally better for top-down games such as Diablo.
Yes, thats why there is a FPS command in Diablo 2. I think the terrain is 3D in Diablo 2, not entirley sure. I think the terrain is 3D because it would mess up when you went into open gl mode(shortcut command).

Just a site updated it turns out
:(
*Runs off crying*

AmishSlayer said:
heh, Dota is the featured, "Mod" even though it's just a custom map...still love it though :)

Are there actual mods for WC3? I've never seen one. Just maps.

www.wc3campaigns.com has a bunch of actual mods that you can download.

This is pretty cool news. What I'd really like to see is the ability to see those featured mods be part of the "play game" or whatever it is on Battle.net.

DotA is a mod when you realise how much they have added and what they've been able to do with it and still keep it to just a WC3 map file. DotA rocks!

heh, Dota is the featured, "Mod" even though it's just a custom map...still love it though
Dota is a featured map or I think it is or should be anyway.

DotA is not a mod in any way. It dosn't matter what you added to it. It is still in bounds with Worldedit and thus it is not a modification to any of the game files.

Just showing that they care about mods is something amazing.

Wrong. Diablo II has 3D-rendered graphics that were converted to 2D and enhanced in Photoshop (or a similar program). The terrain is entirely 2D, as are characters and effects. However, the Direct3D support for the game adds coloured lighting effects, as well as a terrain-scrolling feature called Perspective Mode that shrinks the image at the top end and inflates it at the bottom end slightly to give the appearance of three dimensions. However, the engine is not 3D, nor are any of its assets. With today's technology, though, I'm sure they could do far more with a 2D engine.
Just a question, why in the world would they have a FPS command for a 2d game?

Mod support.....
*Cough*Starcraft 3d*Cough*.
We'd have it if they didn't stop it.

Back