What material wealth was donated to you this 25th of December?

I got a few clothing items and a threat to pay board.

-Helicopter for dad:
dsc1244.png

Haha, I asked for this exact model for Christmas. Apparently its en route from Korea or something.

Got (amongst other things):

- Tent
- Half Life: Raising the Bar
- Fallout: New Vegas
- Books, and money from relatives

Gave:

- Book on Japanese Gardening
- A nice Touque
- A Wii game for my brother
- An old N64

I got an RC plane a few years ago. I still haven't learned to fly it. I always crash into trees and stuff.

Yeah, this helicopter seems to have barely enough power to get off the ground...I'm wondering if it might be the kind you hold in your hand, get it up to speed, then pull your hand away...

I donated myself a GTX460 (1GB, $20 off plus a $40 mail-in rebate!!!) and a Soundblaster Audigy.

Dave says (06:32 PM):
>install videocard
everything works
>uninstall onboard audio
everything works
Dave says (06:33 PM):
>install soundblaster sound card
only plays sound before i restart to complete the installation
>restart computer
sound does not work, sound card is not listed in device manager
>uninstall soundblaster
windows doesn't start properly
>disable onboard sound through BIOS
windows starts but won't install the soundblaster software
Dave says (06:34 PM):
>uninstall all sound drivers
windows fails to start
>re-enable onboard sound through BIOS
windows starts
>reinstall shitty onboard sound drivers
computer works fine
And then Stigmata took back the sound card.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH STEAM!! Why is it taking literally 4 hours to start up hl2? I installed orange box and it was updating all the games at once, I paused all of them and launched just HL2 but it's been sitting there loading so incredibly slow for the last 2 hours and it still says 2.5 hours to go?! WTF

WHAT IS WRONG WITH STEAM!! Why is it taking literally 4 hours to start up hl2? I installed orange box and it was updating all the games at once, I paused all of them and launched just HL2 but it's been sitting there loading so incredibly slow for the last 2 hours and it still says 2.5 hours to go?! WTF
OH MY GOD LET'S GET MORE ANGRY AT SOMETHING WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT ARGHGHGHG

I received:
-Memory Foam for my mattress
-Some clothes
-The same RC Helicopter Viper posted (Really fun but tough to fly)
-iPhone docking station
-Lava Lamp
-a few other little things

Gave:
-New jacket and bottle of Chivas for Dad
-Pajamas and gift certificate for mommy
-A fake kitchen for my 2 year old niece (took an hour to set up)
-and some other minor stuff I can't think of

I donated myself a GTX460 (1GB, $20 off plus a $40 mail-in rebate!!!) and a Soundblaster Audigy.

Dave says (06:32 PM):
>install videocard
everything works
>uninstall onboard audio
everything works
Dave says (06:33 PM):
>install soundblaster sound card
only plays sound before i restart to complete the installation
>restart computer
sound does not work, sound card is not listed in device manager
>uninstall soundblaster
windows doesn't start properly
>disable onboard sound through BIOS
windows starts but won't install the soundblaster software
Dave says (06:34 PM):
>uninstall all sound drivers
windows fails to start
>re-enable onboard sound through BIOS
windows starts
>reinstall shitty onboard sound drivers
computer works fine
And then Stigmata took back the sound card.

dude my GTX 460 was a pain in the arse too. It disabled my sound drivers and $25 later after buying a cheap sound card everything works. i tried reinstalling my old ones but the latest batch of NVidia cards are bullocks if you ask me. Otherwise its a great card

How was it ironic?

Did you mean the sarcasm?

Yes, it was sarcastic irony because I was doing the same thing he was doing to demonstrate the silliness of it.

How was it ironic?

Did you mean the sarcasm?

Yes, it was sarcastic irony because I was doing the same thing he was doing to demonstrate the silliness of it.

I believe he was using the "colloquial definition" of irony to suggest that you do the same thing your were sarcastically mocking Akira for doing. I don't quite get why he'd think that though. I mean, sure, you get upset over stupid shit. All the time you do. The thing is, its hardly ever over something completely out of anybody's hands. I just think Erestheux probably has just been wanting to make fun of you for awhile now, and needed to take this as an excuse or the waiting would kill him.

i was simply stating that veggie is a comedic mastermind and his use of ironic wit is unprecedented, but unfortunately krynn is very clearly smarter than everything until the end of time

by the way i got a new phone on christmas, no more Razr for me

Just bought myself 8gb of gskill ram and a 2tb western digital caviar green internal hard drive on Newegg. I need the extra disk space and the extra memory will be a good benefit for me. 4GB just isn't enough for what I need to do with it. The price was right too, so that's also why I did it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231314

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...re=western_digital_2tb-_-22-136-514-_-Product

Too bad my motherboard doesn't support 6.0 gb/sec or else I would have bought one that can do that.

UPDATE:

In addition to the stuff in my previous post, at the thing I went to afterwards, I did indeed get cash and a gift card of some sort. But the gift card of some sort was to a clothing store. ****ing yankee swap screwed me. I had a walmart gift card and a huge bag of Reeses (walmart card = meh, Reeses = YES), but my cousin took it. I ****ing hate shopping for clothes, so this shit is probably going to just stay in my wallet until enough time has passed that I won't feel bad for giving away my gift to someone who might actually buy their clothes in a store rather than online while wearing their last functioning pair of pants.

Also the candy I got was Mike and Ikes. MIKE AND IKES. ****ING MIKE AND IKES.

ye brah you cud git reel high n shit wit dat amount of green u know wut im sayin. dayuummmmm

I see what you did there. You're positing an opinion about marijuana users by showcasing an uneducated rhetoric in a sarcastic manner. In doing so, you're forcing others to form a mildly biased opinion of the cannabis culture. While I may not agree with what you say, I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

got a chrismas tree made outa weed, i walk down chrismas morning and see santa smokin a blunk and he say "smoke up sun" and we role that weed all day lonnng :smoking:

My family has never had the tradition of giving presents. I guess we find it more efficient to send money/gift cards. We all hate Christmas.

Btw, my birthday was on the 19th, so I'm just going to combine that with this list.

Received (used money gifted to me to buy):

47" 1080p LCD for my new apartment
PS3 (My Xbox crapped out and I don't feel like buying another RROD one on Ebay for super cheap one and repairing it. **** Xbox.)
Uncharted 1 & 2
Resistance 1 & 2
Loads of expensive alcohol I normally do not buy

Received in physical form:

$25 Best Buy gift card that I'll probably use on more games
Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup Champs Thermos (****ing awesome)
750 ml Jameson bottle
750 ml Grey Goose bottle
Some kind of 24 oz. Christmas Beer
Champagne
(btw, I should clarify that it was my 21st birthday - why there's all the booze)

Gave:

2 $30 Borders gift cards
A Toy Story book that is custom printed with my brothers name, friends, and pictures in it.
8GB Flash Card
Nook
A 750 ml 12yr old bottle of Special Reserve Jameson
Socks

NOT FOR CHRISTMAS, YO.
- Half Life: Raising the Bar
Interesting... How many arms and legs were at your Christmas dinner?

Recieved:
Tale As Old As Time: The Art And Making Of Beauty And The Beast (yay!)
Professor Layton And Whatever The Third One Is Called (hooray pruffessar!)
Gorillaz - G Sides (And thus I am a completist...)
Ashes to Ashes Series 2 (Already forgotten what happened in the middle series)
Amnesia: The Dark Descent (Thank you secret santa!)

Gave:
Hungry ****ing Hippos
Other happiness.

Received Dragon Age Origins - Ultimate Edition for the PC
Gift cards to restaurants, clothing stores, and Best Buy
Jeans, sweat pants, sweat shirts, chastity belt with a really stylish penis clamp, underwear, and socks
Various candies(mmm peanut brittle)
And Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut(not the Blu-ray version unfortunately but what can you do), which I've been absolutely dying to get all year.
Took some shots of the DVD
2n030pt.jpg

zn8upd.jpg

2qisi82.jpg

10wtowj.jpg

1428wba.jpg

The highlight of my Christmas was really the fact that my entire family finally came together and played nice for once.
Also, we used it as a day to remember my dad that passed away in January... my sister made a power point presentation with all of my dad's favorite songs playing to a slideshow of hilarious moments caught on camera.
It was nice.

Oh god, I just bought myself a late Christmas present... a Track IR 5 Pro Bundle... for use with Arma 2 as well as flight sims such as IL-2 Sturmovik.

Wow, that is pretty sweet. Never heard of that. How you liking it?

Back