What part of HL2 are YOU looking forward to?

What are YOU most hyped about in HL2?

• Physics: Let's toss some barrels!

Votes: 37 25.3%
  • Plot: Who really IS the G-Man anyway?

Votes: 47 32.2%
  • Opening Scene: FINALLY I've GOT IT!

Votes: 36 24.7%
  • Alex: What a babe.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Combat: Give me a gun, let me shoot stuff.

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Other: None of this, here... let me specify...

Votes: 12 8.2%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Whether it's the very first scene, thinkering with the physics, unwraveling the wonderful plot, or just goggling at Alex, what exactly is it that YOU are hyped most about in HL2?

P.S. Sorry if this has been done before, but I figured I'd deviate a little from the recently typical "HL2 pwns Halo 2" and "HL2 overhyped" topics a bit.

-use of the physics with the grav-gun
-finding out the unfolding story of the game (gman etc)
-playing in the quite impressive game envirioments (City17 + a recent hlfallout article mentioned something about levels being on an icebreaker ship and a dried up ocean).

Fightings Striders looks SUPER TERRIFIC !!!

and i wana see if alyx booty is nice and juicy -_-

Everything...But I might have to say the story...I really want to know what will happen(I would say graphics...but my MX won't show anything worth bragging about)

Half-Life 2 themed deathmatch created by Valve Software.

i am lookin foward to the whole expericence that is Half life 2 messing with the physics watching the plot evolve playing the MODS that will be made ect... its nice to see someone not comparing the game to Halo 2 ect

The Plot, im really courious of how it is going to develop, and of course who, and maybe even what, is the G-Man.

I just look forward to the entire game, I really don't like to think about what part of it I am more hyped about...

...alyx :p

I'm looking forwards to seeing what the mod community is able to create for HL2. The reason I still play HL after all these years is because of the excellent mods that have been created for it. Hopefully the same will apply for HL2.

I look forward the the big street fights and vehicles too. Also HLS should be cool. I have not played that in years and I never finished it.

sp00ky

AG2 and gauss jumps longjump and bunny hopping RAWRRRRR :D

Sp00kyb0y said:
and I never finished it.

sp00ky

I'm assumign you mean you never finished the original Half-Life? My advice to you is to play it and beat it before HL2. I'm assuming you probably already know the ending, but it's still an awesome experience to go through the entire game.

I'm looking forward most to the storyline. That's what really hooked me in the HL (besides the awesome gameplay, AI, etc). I really want to figure out what teh deal is with not only G-man, but the whole world! From what I have heard, City 17 is the last city that hasn't been overrun with aliens. i want to know how the alien invasion escaped BMRF, since we all know what happened at the end of HL1. And I'm really excited about character interaction (alyx, barney etc).

[46] pushit [2] said:
My advice to you is to play it and beat it before HL2.

Can't I play HLS before I play HL2? Are they not coming out at the same time in the CE?

sp00ky

Well, I'm looknig forward to EVERYTHING in the whole damn' game. Can't bloody wait!

My question is when is sven co-op comming out?? have they already been working side by side with valve on developing it?? because fighting along side friends taking down striders will be awesome!!! and then you and your friends make it up the citadel!!! awesome stuff

Spo0ky said:
Can't I play HLS before I play HL2? Are they not coming out at the same time in the CE?

HLS is going to be almost identical to HL except it'll have updated particle system/ragdolls. The models (at least in theory) will be the same as the original, and the gameplay will be identical.

I'd suggest playing through the original HL right now, HLS isn't going to be a whole lot different.

Just my 2 cents. :)

I badly want to use the manipulator. Every so often I imagine it in my mind, picking random objects up an hurling them at extreme speed.

I just wanna bust some Covenant ass!!

Oh crap, wrong forum :|

edit: Halo sux :p

Makes me sound mad, but the non-combat areas of it will probably be among the most impressive and atmospheric for me (I thought, for example, that the "usual day" dynamic at the start of Blue Shift was pretty cool).

I can picture being thoroughly amazed by Strider combat... hell, even the trademark HL corridors/tunnels are looking great. I also quite liked the music in the Coastline series of vids...

Opening scene, tossing barrels and making levels! =)

I want to play ping pong with the zombies using the manipulator and barrels so..... physics

Opening scene... I hope it's as good as HL's train ride.

Everything actually, just want to play the darn thing :)

What the....

Why didn't you people vote for Alyx

She is definately a contender in the FHM 100 sexiest babes :LOL:

HL2 DM, extremely dissaapointed that valve havent included just a basic online DM version in the first release but instead expect us to wait for a mod maker to create one or play CS:S if we want online play.

Hardly any interest in the single player game as I never finished the original HL cos I discovered online play virtually as soon as it came out and AI just dont come close to playing real people.

Been playing HL online for 6 years now and was really looking forward to playing HL2 online but I guess I am gonna have to wait now and see which one of the DM mods gets theres done first/comes up with something decent.

regards

Dilb, one of the many very dissappointed HL DM players ;-(

All of the "whooah, that was awesome!!!!11" moments.

There'll be plenty :D

Back