What script does hallife2.net use?

L

latency2

What is used to run this site or is it just a custom job?

Actually it's HTML files renamed PHP :)

We're still waiting on our CMS :eek:

Em I think he means did you use a premade script for the front page or did you make your own, not which language you are useing.

It's not a script, it's static HTML :)

Omfg, ray_MAN is gay_Man now! OMFG, leet! OMFG, EOFL!!!11!

Sooooooo, the site is basically all hand coded static content with no known php library or "cms" behind it?

EDIT: while I got some attention. Why use vBulletin instead of phpBB, inoboard or whatever? Speed, features, etc?

btw, this wysiwyg post editor screws up in firebird on windows.

Oh I forgot we do have a few lines of php code on the news page to take data from the forum database and put it on there. Apart from that it's all plain handmade HTML.

I use vBulletin simply because it's the best. There's really nothing that comes close.

Heh, the inner secret of HTML just renamed to PHP is out! I did that a few times.. it looked purdy dang professional to me.. At least the ".php" part..

Munro said:
Oh I forgot we do have a few lines of php code on the news page to take data from the forum database and put it on there. Apart from that it's all plain handmade HTML.

I use vBulletin simply because it's the best. There's really nothing that comes close.
yeah, it just slipped his mind :thumbs:

Having used both, VBulletin is more stable, offer slightly more features, and most importantly backs up much better then phpBB. That said it should do as it is proprietary software rather than released under a GNU as phpBB is.

Good luck with the CMS guys, having just managed to get a modified Nuke up and running after 4 months work I know what you are up against if you are going for a total new build.

vBulletin is good but is way too overpriced IMHO, I rather prefer Invision board which is more balanced (the upcoming version 2.0 looks awesome)... Other boards doesn't catch up the features and speed of vbulletin and Invision

Munro said:

I didn't think you were updateing the news by hand every time lol.

Back