• Map packs

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • Nothing?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

scotland1

Spy
Reaction score
I know it's a little early to be thinking about this, but what should the Portal team do next?

Now that I have completed the game 3 times I am hungry for more.
I personally would like there to be a Portal 2 (but with a more imaginative title).

How about you?

I know it's a little early to be thinking about this, but what should the Portal team do next?

Now that I have completed the game 3 times I am hungry for more.
I personally would like there to be a Portal 2 (but with a more imaginative title).

How about you?
I wouldn't mind it being called Portal 2. As for now though, I expect them to release more maps and challenges for a little bit, then cut off completely and further the story in a 2nd Portal.

I really love this game and cannot wait for more. I have been doing the advanced and the challenge maps. This game is perfect.

Either a sequel (with major changes) or a totally different game IMO.

I like the idea of Map Packs. Perhaps they don't need to make a second Portal game to tell a second story. They could release map packs at something like ?5 each, expanding on the Portal Story (and hopefully giving us some more GLaDOS :p)

I am having problems understanding as to when Portal is set. When the game finishes, you end up at the entrance of the Aperture facility,but you can't see much except for the debris of the destroyed AI falling from the sky. I think it is safe to assume that the facility was destroyed, and that would damage relations with the DoD, so the rest of the funding went to Black Mesa.

There were several conference rooms with funding projections between Aperture Science and Black Mesa, after you completed the testing stages

Perhaps the scientists working on the ASHPD later went to work at Black Mesa. Perhaps Portal 2 takes place at a sub facility at Black Mesa. Hell, what if Portal 2 takes place during the resonance cascade.

Imagine that, a headcrab scuttles towards you and you set an infinate portal of death :)

It couldn't be in Black Mesa...

Ep2 spoilers but nothing bad
Eli and Kleiner are discussing the Aperture Science work (presumably the Portal gun/technology) and they appear to be clear on the fact that BM and AS were working independently on similar things - competing - but the Resonance Cascade was the end of BM's involvement, because when they suggest going to the Borealis to find AS's lab Eli says it's a bad idea because he doesn't want "another Black Mesa".

Whatever valve does it will be great!

Mappacks- im up
Sequal - alright
connecting the games even more - win

I am having problems understanding as to when Portal is set. When the game finishes, you end up at the entrance of the Aperture facility,but you can't see much except for the debris of the destroyed AI falling from the sky. I think it is safe to assume that the facility was destroyed, and that would damage relations with the DoD, so the rest of the funding went to Black Mesa.

There were several conference rooms with funding projections between Aperture Science and Black Mesa, after you completed the testing stages

Perhaps the scientists working on the ASHPD later went to work at Black Mesa. Perhaps Portal 2 takes place at a sub facility at Black Mesa. Hell, what if Portal 2 takes place during the resonance cascade.

Imagine that, a headcrab scuttles towards you and you set an infinate portal of death :)

I think around 2006-2007, at the end of the game, in the boss fight, someone took a screenie of the large video screens as the images flash by. They got an image of a birthday cake with July 4, 2006 on it.

Also I vote for Map Packs, with a MP release every few months plus custom maps I can see playing this game for a long long time.

I think around 2006-2007, at the end of the game, in the boss fight, someone took a screenie of the large video screens as the images flash by. They got an image of a birthday cake with July 4, 2006 on it.

Wait, what?

Map packs and multiplayer with other weapons. Would own.

I'd be happy with some great maps tbh. They should hold a contest each month and the best map is a free download on steam.

Wait, what?

In the boss fight, when shes talking to you at the beginning, there is a screen that switches through a bunch of images, i think thats what he is referring to.

Yeah, sequel please. Doesn't really have to be with the same style as Portal, could be some other kind of experiment with Aperture Science. Just more story please, now!

Everything.
I want more challenging map packs (from the community as well).
I want a MP mode, both deathmatch and co-op, solving crazy puzzles with friends.
I want the portal gampeplay pushed forward and developed upon, either through a sequeal or Ep3 and further HL games.

Map packs, another game, the lot!

The end of the game rocked :D

I loved the song!

Yeah, sequel please. Doesn't really have to be with the same style as Portal, could be some other kind of experiment with Aperture Science. Just more story please, now!

Yeah I would like either a better portal gun - not that it is'nt good already - or something new and exciting.

An MP mode would be f**king brilliant!

Exite mod was/is fun!

Yeah I would like either a better portal gun - not that it is'nt good already - or something new and exciting.

It'd be unbelievably cool if they could come up with something new and as innovative as the Portal gun gameplay for another installment. But that's expecting too much me thinks.

time travel & speeding up / slowing down? Still with portals, gman style

*Possible spoilers*

They could easily make a sequel to Portal (maybe just call it Portals...Like the sequel to Alien was just called Aliens...).
Anyone else think that the reason Eli said to destroy the Borealis was because it was where Glados ended up?
The story of the second Portal game could be about the events leading up to the Borealis disappearing and ending up where it is...
Anyways...I am really looking forward to seeing what these guys come up with next, I am really glad it wasn't just a straight puzzle game and it had such an excellent story...Really immersive gameplay.:afro:

*edit* I think that the wealth of fans of this game will start releasing map packs and custom maps very soon, let the devs work on a totally new story for us...Maybe we will have a new Portal game that will tie in and be released with ep.3? Heres hoping. :)

What will they do next? I don't care what they do as long as it's

MOAR!

More of the funny, more caketastic gameplay, more ending songs that have me humming instead of sleeping.

I'd go with mappacks definitly. Many many more maps like the advanced-maps would be bloody awsome. Those maps were more or less the only ones in the game where i had to really think :) (challenge-maps not counted :p)

Imagine this: you end up on the Borealis and Glados start playing with you (Gordon)...

Iam in love with this game.

I WANT mooooooooooooore maps. 10000s more :)

Give me a god damn sequel or there shall be rape.

Back