What things would you have back from HL1?

Members fighting in the forums
Oh man! Look at those fanboys go!
It's the freakiest show!

Is there life on Xen?
2mwv921.jpg

Is the black ops assassin the black guys that are really fast?

they're faster than normal grunt's

Awesome job, Darkside! Screw LEGO Rock Band, I want Bowie in Half-Life!

Those assassin black guys, are in fact, white women.

Those assassin black guys, are in fact, white women.
So hunting down the assassins is essentially playing the role of Sheriff Bart?
blazing-white-women.jpg

What proof do you have that they're white?

Snarks are a given.

Yeah whatever.My first language ain't english.
Ah, there are plenty of full-blooded Americans who write "definately" instead of what's actually correct, which is "definitely." It was a test. Congratulations on not being one.

I can't find better screenshot now, sometimes they remove their NB goggles when dying and you can see white face and blue eyes.

Half-Life
dumbpolaris.png

Opposing Force
dumbpolaris2.png

I find it confusing that you utilize Southern slang even though you say your first language isn't English :l

I don't know what Southern Slang is.Is it because I know to use the word ''whatever''?
I've always written definetely like that and won't change since that's how I'm used to from when I first learned english.And no I'm not american.

I don't know what Southern Slang is.Is it because I know to use the word ''whatever''?
I've always written definetely like that and won't change since that's how I'm used to from when I first learned english.And no I'm not american.
I think it's the "ain't". I don't know why it would be confusing to use that as a non-native speaker though - even though people tend to be taught some kind of standardized English in schools it's not like they don't still hear and read other dialects on TV, the internet, whatever.

Also, dictionaries say it's spelt "definitely". (I'm pretty sure the last English teacher I had in school didn't know that either, though.)

I'm with everyone who want Adrian Shepard back, but it's unlikely :\

Adrian Shepard... It'd have to be some Rebel with God Mode, or a corpse in the Xen part of the game.

It's the "ain't". And that's interesting that you've learned it. It's technically not a real word, and only those in the southeastern demographic of the United States actually use it, along with "y'all" if you've also learned that one. You wouldn't hear it on the news because it's considered slang and slang isn't traditionally used in formal settings such as news broadcasts.

Cool. Learn something new every day.

Adrian Shepard... It'd have to be some Rebel with God Mode, or a corpse in the Xen part of the game.
Don't you dare imply that Shephard would go out like some punk bitch expendable scientist.

Houndeyes need to make a return. I really love what Black Mesa is doing with them. I have to admit, it takes a special feat to make something so revolting actually be considered cute.

It's the "ain't". And that's interesting that you've learned it. It's technically not a real word, and only those in the southeastern demographic of the United States actually use it, along with "y'all" if you've also learned that one. You wouldn't hear it on the news because it's considered slang and slang isn't traditionally used in formal settings such as news broadcasts.

Cool. Learn something new every day.

Well I grew up watching a lot of american tv so it's easy to learn.

I know a lot of slang but don't really use.
Don't you dare imply that Shephard would go out like some punk bitch expendable scientist.

Houndeyes need to make a return. I really love what Black Mesa is doing with them. I have to admit, it takes a special feat to make something so revolting actually be considered cute.

Weren't there some (punk ass) expendable HECU soldiers dead on Xen aswell?(could be wrong)
Agree that it would be a poor way to finish Shephard.In between Episode 1 and 2 I feel a expansion containing the 7 Hour War should have been made with Shephard making his reapearance and then continuing with him just like with Calhoun.

It's the "ain't". And that's interesting that you've learned it. It's technically not a real word, and only those in the southeastern demographic of the United States actually use it, along with "y'all" if you've also learned that one.

I use "ain't" all the time and so do my friends. I'm welsh.

in halflife I really liked the expansions, where you could play the same event as a different character.
wouldn't it be nice if they brought out something for halflife 2 where you could play as barney
or alyx.

or... dog?

in halflife I really liked the expansions, where you could play the same event as a different character.
wouldn't it be nice if they brought out something for halflife 2 where you could play as barney
or alyx.

or... dog?

You can play as Barney but in Blue Shift.

You can play as Barney but in Blue Shift.

i was thinking in the context of halflife 2.
imagine playing through that period of time when gordon and alyx were stuck in the slow teleport from nova prospekt.

PLEASE stop doubleposting, tremault.
uhm, I only did it once.
you phrased that like i had been on this site for ages and double posting constantly.
nice welcome.

I'd very much like the AI back.

Still trying to figure out what's so great about Adrian, besides his name.

uhm, I only did it once.
you phrased that like i had been on this site for ages and double posting constantly.
nice welcome.

please take your head out of your ass and stop whining about how someone else communicates.

please take your head out of your ass and stop whining about how someone else communicates.

hmm, yeah....
I edited my first post. apologies for that, i was in a foul mood that day.
can we start over?

I'd very much like the AI back.
WORD.

Also welcome to the forums, Tremault. It's safer here, don't drink the water, etc. Also you're automatically a cool guy in my book because you have Guyver and Kamen Rider in your sig.

I've never seen someone smile after Lefty tosses their salad.

You sir, have a strong constitution.

The gauss gun.

YES
please! Those were so damn fun in Half-Life Deathmatch, and also what made HLDM golden were:

goddam snarks.

What? No more snarks?? Just useless bugbait?
We need to revive the use of living weapons!
Remember the Hornet launcher and the Barnacle Gun?

Being able to kill your allies.

I had fun killing useless scientists.

Also, rewrite Combine AI to behave more like marine AI. Bring back more Xen fauna; hell just bring back the boids, they don't even have to do anything, just have them circling around sometime. Hive hand.

I think Valve should be noted that this is what almost everyone wants back. Xen fauna please.
Now you fight more humans than aliens in HL2. Bullsquid, Gargantua, PLEASE.

I want that old HL1 feeling as you progress through the game.

Rather than totally gloomy, dull introductory environment where everyone is depressed and enslaved, I think we should bring back the classic cheer from HL1. Gosh it's so hard to explain in words, but don't you remember how HL1 just felt so much "brighter" than HL2? Even the enemies (which were various random Xen aliens) made the action more interesting.

[EDIT] I found the word for it: "simple". Hl1's gameplay was so much simpler.

I guess HL2 is more about storyline than action, but please, for the last installment, bring back some good old alien kickass.

YES
please! Those were so damn fun in Half-Life Deathmatch, and also what made HLDM golden were:

What? No more snarks?? Just useless bugbait?
We need to revive the use of living weapons!
Remember the Hornet launcher and the Barnacle Gun?

I had fun killing useless scientists.

I think Valve should be noted that this is what almost everyone wants back. Xen fauna please.
Now you fight more humans than aliens in HL2. Bullsquid, Gargantua, PLEASE.

I want that old HL1 feeling as you progress through the game.

Rather than totally gloomy, dull introductory environment where everyone is depressed and enslaved, I think we should bring back the classic cheer from HL1. Gosh it's so hard to explain in words, but don't you remember how HL1 just felt so much "brighter" than HL2? Even the enemies (which were various random Xen aliens) made the action more interesting.

[EDIT] I found the word for it: "simple". Hl1's gameplay was so much simpler.

I guess HL2 is more about storyline than action, but please, for the last installment, bring back some good old alien kickass.

AGREED 100%!!!!!!!!!!!

Back